Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Opening day first showing in 2D, Friday in 3D. I am waiting to see one last time in IMAX 3D even though I am not a fan of 3D movies. 

has anyone read any of the books for TFA i.e Rey's Survival guide and Before the Awakening?

are they worth picking up?

It's been slow at work at my office.

So I finally un boxed and started playing with my Sphero BB8 app droid toy :pimp: .All my co workers in the office think it's cool and ask where they can buy one.

I've had it since I copped it at the Disney store at Disneyland during labor day weekend when I was there Disneyland half marathon weekend.

I can't wait to do the Rebel challenge (10K & Half marathon) next month @ Disneyland.I plan on copping and dressing up as a X-wing pilot.

Then in April the weekend of my birthday day I'll be at Disneyworld for the Darkside challenge (10K & Half marathon) and get a extra medal for completing the kessel run.

Last edited:
actually let me put it this way, if the "jedi way" from the prequels is portrayed as extremist and at the end of ep 3 obiwan and yoda learn from their  mistakes and change their ways (reason to why yoda is so playful in ESB) then I'm fine with the writing choice

If the jedi way as portrayed in the prequels is considered the right way to do things in the modern world then I have a problem with it. If luke's vision of training jedi is to create what we saw in the prequels then I have a problem with it. 

Just like how characters need to grow for them to be interesting, the concept of what it means to be a jedi needs to change as time goes on. THAT is how you bring balance to the force

BTW that article on the prequels was very well thought out

I see your point but don't agree with messing with the elements.

This also goes into a much deeper issue that I don't want to discuss :lol:.

Last edited:

EDIT: Boyega's hilarious... 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Seeing it [Kylo Killing Han as described in the Novel] from this perspective gives the death scene a whole new dimension. I have transcribed it below (through lots of girl tears):

Stunned by his own actions, Kyo Ren fell to his knees. Following through on the act ought to have made him stronger, a part of him believed. Instead, he found himself weakend. He did not hear the roar of the enraged Wookiee above, but he did feel the sting of the shot from the bowcaster as it slammed into his side, knocking him back on the walkway.

Amid the rising bedlam and confusion, Kylo Ren struggled to stand. As he did, so his gaze turned upward.

Late but I kinda feel what okb was saying about finn but didn't want to come in here playing the race card. I got some runaway slave vibes from his character/story which was actually interesting. Almost got offended when he was drinking water out the trough with that creature like ok, this is how they're gonna do him huh :lol:. But like others have said if it was a white character his actions wouldn't be such a big deal. From someone who isn't exactly a star wars geek I thought it was a solid movie.

Also it's funny how people have different taste. Watching this movie I remember looking at Rey and thinking to myself wow...she is really not attractive, like at all :lol:. I even had a mini convo with myself about how they probably cast her intentionally so as not to detract from the story and make her more of an everywoman and not just eye candy. Then I come in here and see dudes beating over her :lol:. To each his own

Im waiting for episode 9 to release then ill buy the whole set of 9 star wars movies on blu ray

I REFUSE to buy a complete set of the saga until Disney gets the original trilogy movie rights back from Fox in 2020 and if Disney puts out a de specialized versions of Episodes IV,V,VI.

i dunno but snoke looks like straight thrash

like a throw away creature from lord of the rings

gollum smeagols dad

[thread="512239"]
Just a thought, since people have theories of Snoke being Darth Plagueis but it was written that he was killed. I was thinking maybe Snoke is just Darth Plagueis’ force ghost instead of a hologram.

[/thread]
Sith don't have force ghost because they don't believe in an afterlife

From Dave Filoni

Sith don’t live on after death; that doesn’t happen.

There is stuff in the EU about Sith Holocrons being passed down (darth andeddu, darth bane) though

Back
Top Bottom