Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is some casting information floating around right now that has been shot down as complete ******** by members of the LucasFilm story group

Announcements will be coming shortly thought because Principle Photography starts in late January-Early February

And speaking of Finn, i hope my mans can find a barber somewhere on the Resistance base. Son looks like he's been getting shaped up with Kylo's saber for all these years

There is some casting information floating around right now that has been shot down as complete ******** by members of the LucasFilm story group

Announcements will be coming shortly thought because Principle Photography starts in late January-Early February

And speaking of Finn, i hope my mans can find a barber somewhere on the Resistance base. Son looks like he's been getting shaped up with Kylo's saber for all these years
He's got that Donald Glover line up.
laugh.gif

Sidetone: Did anyone catch the dialogue between him and BB-8, where BB-8 turned and looked at him sideways and Finn replied "Droid, please!"

Do you guys think that the upcoming movies will explain who Rey's parents are or who her lineage is or did I completely miss something in the film?

Last edited:

"droid, please!" and "move, ball" were great lines that most of the theater missed 
I was the only one who LOL'd in the theater when he said that. 

There were a lot of racial undertones in the first meeting between him and Rey/BB8. 
laugh.gif
 JJ Abrams was trolling us all movie.

First black Storm Trooper (even though we don't really know what they look like)......garbage man. 
mean.gif

We all look like this. 
laugh.gif

BB8 clearly stereotyping and giving him the Rodney King treatment. 
laugh.gif
I agree. 
laugh.gif

Finally saw the movie thought it was great but was hindered by the fact i saw it at tech musuem in a dome theatre. Dont do it

Question did anyone else notice when they got to the planet woth Luke's lightsaber that one of the old bounty hunters was there that was hired by darth vader to capture han? Or atleast the guy sitting with the girl reminded me of him i think hos name was bossk

Also this movie took a giant dump on the books that held fans over for the last 30 years lol.
No twins and chewie lives lol thats nuts

I did have a question why was ren slapping his chest and bleeding in the final fight? I didnt really get that part

Last edited:
Finally saw the movie thought it was great but was hindered by the fact i saw it at tech musuem in a dome theatre. Dont do it

Question did anyone else notice when they got to the planet woth Luke's lightsaber that one of the old bounty hunters was there that was hired by darth vader to capture han? Or atleast the guy sitting with the girl reminded me of him i think hos name was bossk
Yeah, Bossk wasn't that big. Unless that's what happens when his race lets themselves go.
roll.gif

wait whats wrong with that theater? i thought it was one of the only places in the country to see it in 70mm non-3D IMAX. I was about to cop tix.
]

Last edited:
I did have a question why was ren slapping his chest and bleeding in the final fight? I didnt really get that part
chewie shot him in the mid section after he killed han so he was badly injured

he was slapping his chest because he needed the extra pain to activate the dark side of the force 

was this whole "bring balance to the force" thing introduced in the OT? I dont remember.. 

No. Just the stupid *** midi-chlorian, don't want to explain Anakins origins so we'll call him a prophecy even tho every single person on the planet knows there will be no balance, nor be "the one".

OT never mentions balance or midi-chlorians or anything of the like. Just that Vader had betrayed the Jedi, and murdered Luke's father.

From a certain point of view.....

was this whole "bring balance to the force" thing introduced in the OT? I dont remember.. 
No. Just the stupid *** midi-chlorian, don't want to explain Anakins origins so we'll call him a prophecy even tho every single person on the planet knows there will be no balance, nor be "the one".

OT never mentions balance or midi-chlorians or anything of the like. Just that Vader had betrayed the Jedi, and murdered Luke's father.

that's what I thought

the whole balance to the force thing really puts writers in a terrible spot

how the hell is killing all the dark side considered "balance" 
laugh.gif

the whole jedi cant be in relationships and have kids thing was also really stupid 

Need them to go deeper on the rule of 2.. Saw a good write up some place which basically talks about the greed and all that that comes with the dark side doesn't exactly lead trust amongst the ranks so kinda better off with just a master and an apprentice

they made dooku seem like he's been evil for a while

but I guess he only got converted to the darkside after maul died?

why was vader so eager to recruit luke when he knows that palp would kill him off and take luke on as his #2?

does kylo know that if he brings rey to snoke, snoke is going to throw kylo in the dumpster and train rey? 

I like the switch up of chewie being like a loyal dog personality wise but when comparing life spans, han lives about as long as a dog would to a human

CP I did end up reading most of those excerpts from the books about the Jedi council and those imperialists challenging Luke about how recklessly Jedis act

that's what I thought

the whole balance to the force thing really puts writers in a terrible spot

how the hell is killing all the dark side considered "balance" :lol:

the whole jedi cant be in relationships and have kids thing was also really stupid 
If you read that link about the prequels it makes perfect sense. Dude explained some of my thoughts thoroughly.

Jedi are religious zealots when it comes to that. Dark side is bad no matter what, it must be stopped. Never mind that the force allows for a dark side in the first place.

Their whole system is very insular and rigid. Closed off to most of the world. It's near cultish but given their power they're held in high regard. Think of how the church had such power over many kingdoms throughout Europe.

Young padawans introduced in the academy for indoctrination so they know no other way of life.

Anakin is seen as too old, he's had a life and lived a life of struggle. All that should've set up why he chose the dark side. (On the flip Yoda learns his lesson which is why he's willing to continue a 20 something year old Luke's training).

They all act as outsiders to regular society, only interacting with the Republic as overseers of peace.

Jedi knights act above and superior to non-force users, willfully controlling minds for the "greater good"

Jedi maim and hurt ppl in the name of the force with their light sabers claiming they sensed dangerous threats instead of force pushes or mind tricks (Obi-Wan lopping off hands and arms in a ANH).

Them lowkey wanting the complete death of the Sith and dark side users would not be surprising.

There's more stuff but just think about how the police are seen today when they do **** like that :lol: Imagine if they could control your mind albeit for a few moments or any sort of authority for that matter. While the Jedi may have good intentions just going off the OT you could take them to task on a few things. Seeing them at their prime in the PT just makes them ripe targets for how they act.

This is not to vilify the Jedi knights but just to say their version of good has it's faults too. I mean before Sidious meddling it's clear the Republic hadn't established peace throughout the galaxy with the Jedi on their side. I'm also not sure if there were way more Jedi and they took over peace would be achieved by them anyway.

actually let me put it this way, if the "jedi way" from the prequels is portrayed as extremist and at the end of ep 3 obiwan and yoda learn from their  mistakes and change their ways (reason to why yoda is so playful in ESB) then I'm fine with the writing choice

If the jedi way as portrayed in the prequels is considered the right way to do things in the modern world then I have a problem with it. If luke's vision of training jedi is to create what we saw in the prequels then I have a problem with it. 

Just like how characters need to grow for them to be interesting, the concept of what it means to be a jedi needs to change as time goes on. THAT is how you bring balance to the force

BTW that article on the prequels was very well thought out

wait whats wrong with that theater? i thought it was one of the only places in the country to see it in 70mm non-3D IMAX. I was about to cop tix.
]

From what I've heard if you do not get there early to get one of the few good seats you'll basically have your head bent up the entire time since the dome is the screen.

That article was good, but gave WAY too much credit that Lucas even intended to hit those marks. He didn't. The articles "wants" were more inline with what someone like me wanted, a truer rise and fall of Anakin. Not "its only because I'm so in love with you" *rolls around in some daisies* ****

But Luke's Jedi, as he rebuilds them, are much better than the prequel ones. Shame we might never see them onscreen.

Back
Top Bottom