Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when I first saw snoke, for the rest of the scene I was mentally trying to figure out how Luke is going to battle a 30 foot tall dude 
laugh.gif

Hollywood still has qualms about interracial relationships and won't risk Finn + Rey.  It's a shame, really.

Don't be surprised if Finn's new chick is dark-skinned. Poe + Rey will be the end all.

@Osh Kosh Bosh  -- thoughts?
Funny thing about it is that Star Trek : The Original Series beat Star Wars to punch with Uhura and Kirk....in the mid 1960's  
white dude and black woman is a lot safer than black dude white woman though 

Some great info from JJ

“Long before we had this title, the idea of The Force Awakens was that this would become the evolution of not just a hero, but a villain,” Abrams said. “And not a villain who was the finished, ready-made villain, but someone who was in process.”

:pimp: :pimp:

Some great potential here for an anti-Luke story revolving around Kylo Ren...

Speaking of Star Trek, been funny not seein Sunshine speaking stupid about how Trek was better than Star Wars all along. Meanwhile, Star Wars is running the globe and Trek reboots are just another set of movies. :lol: :pimp:

Some great info from JJ
“Long before we had this title, the idea of The Force Awakens was that this would become the evolution of not just a hero, but a villain,” Abrams said. “And not a villain who was the finished, ready-made villain, but someone who was in process.”
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Some great potential here for an anti-Luke story revolving around Kylo Ren...
character trait wise they are pretty much setting up prime luke (rey) vs prime anakin (kylo) 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Speaking of Star Trek, been funny not seein Sunshine speaking stupid about how Trek was better than Star Wars all along. Meanwhile, Star Wars is running the globe and Trek reboots are just another set of movies.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
StarTrek 3: Fast and Furious 8 looks like a fun movie though 
laugh.gif

:lol: Just read a wild post about this guy thinking Finn wasn't interested in Rey at all and the real surprise relationship will be Finn and Poe :lol:

I didn't get the sense Finn and Rey were romantically interested in each other. They came across as like siblings or close friends. The only thing that could be interpreted as him displaying any interest was when he asked her if she had a boyfriend on Jaku and followed that up with "a cute boyfriend." And if they were going to kiss, when he brought the Resistance to Starkiller Base just to save her would have been when it happened.

Finn and Poe, however, had a great deal of lingering looks, touches and generally more romantic-seeming interactions. After they hug when reunited their hands stay on each other for a bit and they look into each other's eyes, then Poe lets Finn keep his jacket because it looks good on him.

I'm not saying this is definite, but there's a big chance Finn and Poe aren't straight. Which would make them a far bigger symbol of the evolution of Star Wars- an interracial gay couple of badasses saving the universe alongside their female Jedi friend.

And they likely would have saved that for the second movie so the bigots could complain about gay and ethnic presence separately, making the controversy less. They've shown they are interested in queer representation by making the first canon novel star a gay man.

Very possible. I hope Finn doesn't get the girl, or even want her. Their friendship is powerful anyway.

:rofl:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Just read a wild post about this guy thinking Finn wasn't interested in Rey at all and the real surprise relationship will be Finn and Poe
laugh.gif

I didn't get the sense Finn and Rey were romantically interested in each other. They came across as like siblings or close friends. The only thing that could be interpreted as him displaying any interest was when he asked her if she had a boyfriend on Jaku and followed that up with "a cute boyfriend." And if they were going to kiss, when he brought the Resistance to Starkiller Base just to save her would have been when it happened.

Finn and Poe, however, had a great deal of lingering looks, touches and generally more romantic-seeming interactions. After they hug when reunited their hands stay on each other for a bit and they look into each other's eyes, then Poe lets Finn keep his jacket because it looks good on him.

I'm not saying this is definite, but there's a big chance Finn and Poe aren't straight. Which would make them a far bigger symbol of the evolution of Star Wars- an interracial gay couple of badasses saving the universe alongside their female Jedi friend.

And they likely would have saved that for the second movie so the bigots could complain about gay and ethnic presence separately, making the controversy less. They've shown they are interested in queer representation by making the first canon novel star a gay man.

Very possible. I hope Finn doesn't get the girl, or even want her. Their friendship is powerful anyway.
roll.gif
Don't laugh, Zik. This may turn out to be true.

Disney execs are pushing for this to be in the scripts right now for VIII.

laugh.gif

^ Almost feel like he's trolling.

My thing is Finn is clearly interested in Rey even if you want to say she's not.

Speaking of Star Trek, been funny not seein Sunshine speaking stupid about how Trek was better than Star Wars all along. Meanwhile, Star Wars is running the globe and Trek reboots are just another set of movies. :lol: :pimp:
Hey I don't care for dude either but don't hate on ST. Their bread and butter was never the movies anyway. Those were just cherries on top of excellent multiple seasons of tv greatness.

I believe they'll get things on track sooner than many think and honestly it's not a reboot. They're just not gonna have the events of Into Darkness play a big or minor part in Beyond.

A gay dude is not crashing into the deathstar at hyper speed just to save a friend

The part where he kept grabbing her and asking if she was okay was great insight into both characters

I'm not hating on the franchise, at all. But Blotters tryna claim Star Wars was a Trek knockoff was just uninformed bull **** which I know is his go to move. Just laughin at how angry he prolly is right now. :lol:

I'm not hating on the franchise, at all. But Blotters tryna claim Star Wars was a Trek knockoff was just uninformed bull **** which I know is his go to move. Just laughin at how angry he prolly is right now. :lol:
I can feel you on that :lol:

SW clearly leans more on sci-fi fantasy while ST is hard sci-fi exploration. Claiming George stole from them when he and others have so well documented some of his inspirations is crazy.

That's the other stuff I've been reading in comment sections that I aint bother posting about.

It's one thing to make fun of Finn saying he won't get Rey but I'm seeing ppl legit saying Poe and Rey are gonna end up together. Baseless speculation about two characters that didn't even meet in this movie :lol:

On a side note, I had no idea that Oscar Isaac was Guatemalan. Thought he was mixed and that some of that was Middle Eastern.

Last edited:

Dude hasn't been around in a while. I miss his negativity.

Back
Top Bottom