Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought it was hilarious that bb8 is cute and nice to everyone, and like 5 seconds after waking up R2 is already roasting C3PO 
roll.gif

I didn't much care for any of the robots. I understand they go for cuteness with these things, but gimme a cute furry animal instead lol

I thought it was a middle finger at first, but in context of BB8's character throughout the movie now I think it's a thumbs up.

speaking of middle fingers though, a very underrated part of the movie was when han is running away from the giant monster thing, punches one of his own crew mates in the face (he didnt have a red black helmet on and was not asian so I'm assuming he worked for han) and threw him into the monster 
roll.gif

I saw that as JJ giving Lucas the middle finger and presenting Han to us as a character who would totally shoot first 

Depending on when he wakes up, I assume he'll have a robot spine and join the resistance. He'll either learn from Poe and be a dope pilot or become an expert with weapons and shooting the blaster.

That's if after he wakes up the first thing he doesn't do is try to go after Rey and try to just be with her :lol: The simp in him is strong.

The black general grevious lol

I didn't talk about this yet in here but when i saw the film on Friday i sat in the bottom section of the theater, next to the handicap seats.

The dude who sits in the handicap seat right behind me is a legit 350+ pound guy.. large popcorn, drink and a vast array of snacks

At first i just thought he was a weirdo because he basically gave commentary over the BvS and Civil War trailers but then he started this **** during the film. And based on the timing of it i'm assuming he was either on his 2nd or 3rd viewing.

When Kylo is first shown talking to Snoke this guy yells out "REVEAL!" as he says 'your father, Han Solo' like right as the words are coming out of Snoke's mouth.. Didn't bother me much because it obvious wasn't something they cared to hide since it's revealed within the first 10 minutes.

There were a couple other times he could vaguely hear him but the one that made me mad as hell was when dude says "STAB HAN SOLO!" after Kylo says "there's something I have to do..."

:smh: like seriously dude?

Last edited:
sounds like your theater went easy on him

My phone rang during the trailers and like 10 people behind me booed me 

I've read a few stories of people being obnoxious like that and I'm glad that didn't happen at my showing. The worst thing was people clapping a little too often. The opening crawl, of course, the reveal of the Falcon, obviously, but they were trying to get a big applause going every five minutes. 

Finn's love interest is being cast for Episode VIII

That's a rumor. He might not end up with anyone...

:lol:

That'd be cold blooded.

Hollywood stays friend - zoning the nice guys. Smh

Just let the nice guys get the w, one time man
Hey, Luke didn't even get a love interest. Just kisses from his sis.

Finn's love interest is being cast for Episode VIII

That's a rumor. He might not end up with anyone...

:lol:

That'd be cold blooded.

Hollywood stays friend - zoning the nice guys. Smh

Just let the nice guys get the w, one time man

Hollywood still has qualms about interracial relationships and won't risk Finn + Rey. It's a shame, really.

Don't be surprised if Finn's new chick is dark-skinned. Poe + Rey will be the end all.

@Osh Kosh Bosh
-- thoughts?
If that's the case they sort of wasted Lupita not that she wasn't great as some 1000 yr old glasses wearing orange alien.

I'll say one of my biggest surprises was how much I loved BB-8. I figured it was just clear attempt of "We need a new droid, we need to sell toys, so here is this new character".

But man.. he was awesome. I don't know if it's blasphemy or not, but I kind of liked him a little better than Artoo. I was never a huge fan of R2-D2, I get it, he was cute and funny and had his moments, but for whatever reason, I never really loved him. But BB-8, on the other hand, I was a big big fan of.
everything about BB8 was perfect

the personality
the humor
the way he moved
the way he looked
how he was loyal to his friends

this team understands that character makes a droid likeable, not being a superhero like R2 in the prequels
I honestly found myself missing R2 most of the movie. Only just wish R2 had BB's maneuverability.

Last edited:
maz canada was a very interesting character

hope she gets more screen time in future movies

snoke being CGI leads me to believe he's going to be "evil yoda", no reason to make him CGI unless he's like 4 feet tall 

do we know about snokes race yet though?

it seems like the only times they dont use practical effects is when the characters are super small, like maz canada

if he was 8ft tall they could have just put andy in a bunch of makeup and stilts 

plus I like the idea of evil yoda being insecure about his hight so he only communicates via 30 foot hologram 

Didn't realize Lupita Nyong'o was in the movie until I saw her name in the credits after the first time seeing it, and just found out she played Maz. Thought it would've been dope if she would've been Captain Phasma. Would've played off of the line when Finn said "this is what storm troopers look like".

Last edited:
2nd time seeing it...love it still

I was trying to hear the voices and analyze Rey's flashback but it went too quick...was trying to hear the different voices

The audience this time around wasnt as into it. This one girl was annoying and had a comment for everything.

When Leia told Rey "May the force be with you" she said it was gay :stoneface: :stoneface:

Also got me a Tee from the stand :D

I didn't talk about this yet in here but when i saw the film on Friday i sat in the bottom section of the theater, next to the handicap seats.

The dude who sits in the handicap seat right behind me is a legit 350+ pound guy.. large popcorn, drink and a vast array of snacks

At first i just thought he was a weirdo because he basically gave commentary over the BvS and Civil War trailers but then he started this **** during the film. And based on the timing of it i'm assuming he was either on his 2nd or 3rd viewing.

When Kylo is first shown talking to Snoke this guy yells out "REVEAL!" as he says 'your father, Han Solo' like right as the words are coming out of Snoke's mouth.. Didn't bother me much because it obvious wasn't something they cared to hide since it's revealed within the first 10 minutes.

There were a couple other times he could vaguely hear him but the one that made me mad as hell was when dude says "STAB HAN SOLO!" after Kylo says "there's something I have to do..."

:smh: like seriously dude?
That sucks.

There was a movie theater I went to once that provided head phones so you just plug it in and don't have to deal with outside noise. Dope experience.

Depending on when he wakes up, I assume he'll have a robot spine and join the resistance. He'll either learn from Poe and be a dope pilot or become an expert with weapons and shooting the blaster.

That's if after he wakes up the first thing he doesn't do is try to go after Rey and try to just be with her :lol: The simp in him is strong.

The black general grevious lol
:lol: :pimp:

It would be a start just for a year or 2 to pass in between movies and in VIII when he shows up they address him as Commander Finn (a call back to Han and Lando getting high rankings in the rebellion).

And on top of that they keep up Finn lying to get to go on missions and he just so happens to accomplish them by blind luck :lol: All missions dealing with knowing inside knowledge of the First Order are handled by Finn and he's been lying this whole time.
Lupita should play two roles.

She must've changed her voice cuz I didn't eem realize she was that alien.
That'd be dope and smart.

They probably won't though.
do we know about snokes race yet though?

it seems like the only times they dont use practical effects is when the characters are super small, like maz canada

if he was 8ft tall they could have just put andy in a bunch of makeup and stilts 

plus I like the idea of evil yoda being insecure about his hight so he only communicates via 30 foot hologram 
Speaking of Snoke, I prefer the simple this is clearly a hologram tech/cgi that was used for Sidious in the past 6 movies.

This cgi hologram had dude looking like a character out of Lord of the Rings. If I had not read a post before seeing the movie it would've took me longer in to the movie to realize dude was not that gigantic :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom