Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's just the way these movies with with payscales and actors with little to no experience.. they're not getting big paychecks. If they tried, they'd get dumped quick. 

Guys like Isaac and Gleeson were smart to get involved at this point in their careers. A few starring roles, getting positive buzz and respect, and then you land a role in Star Wars. I've been a big fan of both of them so I was thrilled to see them involved.

I liked Boyega in Attack the Block and he was brilliant as Finn, just a fun and charismatic character. And I was blown away by Ridley, absolutely loved her.

I still need to watch Attack the Block. I feel like I had seen Boyega in other stuff which is why I liked him as an actor.

I'd be surprised if JJ gets a cut of box office, most directors don't have that kind of deal.

He'll get paid very well as the director, co-writer, executive producer.

He's going to be the executive producer for the new trilogy though.

Disney is going to need a literal Scrooge mcduck vault

just saw it again. theatre was still packed buttholes to elbows

looking at it again the ending was beyond bizarre

why they make luke look like a drunk wino? they could have made him smile when rey gave him the lightsaber and actually take it but son was looking at her like who are you and why are you here? lol

They should've faded to black sooner. Close up shots lasted too long back and forth in complete silence :lol: :smh:

As for the wino look, they can't make him a wrinkled green ****** so they went for him being bearded like Obi-Wan.

Last edited:
"FN-2187, although sometimes called “87” to shorten his designation, was usually just called by his full number, and didn’t really have a nickname. FN-2187 was one of the best stormtroopers anyone had ever seen, always scoring in the top 1% no matter the test. He was brave, smart, loyal and on his way to becoming the ideal First Order stormtrooper, even taking the notice of Captain Phasma who oversaw his training and was his commanding officer."

why they make luke look like a drunk wino? they could have made him smile when rey gave him the lightsaber and actually take it but son was looking at her like who are you and why are you here? lol
first he was a mentally handicapped ****** and now he's a drunk... :rolleyes

The fight between Kylo Ren and Rey got me thinking about how Obi Wan was able to beat Anakin in Episode III. I never really understood how the "high ground" helped Obi Wan beat Anakin?

I mean it's possible that Ren never really trained with a lightsaber, but nothing makes sense about Anakin losing because he was slightly below Obi Wan. Couldn't he have simply stepped off the platform instead of trying to leap over Obi Wan?

Here are some possible explanations:

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/87651/how-did-obi-wan-so-easily-beat-anakin

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...inst-obi-wan-in-episode-3-revenge-of-the-sith

AnywayI hope they explain Rey's skill or Ren's lack thereof.

Last edited:
"FN-2187, although sometimes called “87” to shorten his designation, was usually just called by his full number, and didn’t really have a nickname. FN-2187 was one of the best stormtroopers anyone had ever seen, always scoring in the top 1% no matter the test. He was brave, smart, loyal and on his way to becoming the ideal First Order stormtrooper, even taking the notice of Captain Phasma who oversaw his training and was his commanding officer."
:wow: The ****?

Best potential stormtropper ends up a janitor? or is Finn playing the long game and is actually still working for the First Order? :nerd: I mean it would've been just as easy for Kylo to kill him.

Then again, I can't see such a long con involving blowing up Star Killer.

There's a story within a story there either way.

Last edited:
:wow: The ****?

Best potential stormtropper ends up a janitor? or is Finn playing the long game and is actually still working for the First Order? :nerd: I mean it would've been just as easy for Kylo to kill him.

Then again, I can't see such a long con involving blowing up Star Killer.

There's a story within a story there either way.
Jesus was a carpenter so idk :lol:

Maybe they all start in sanitation and work their ways up

Finn being shook on his first mission and quitting his job is like the first order version of drafting Greg oden

Yeah getting high scores on tests aint the same thing as the real thing.

If that is all true Finn shouldn't have gotten washed by the random stormtropper with the weapon calling him a traitor.

Him being good with weapons is a stronger possibility.

Last edited:

Well he's on top of a cliff in hiding. I dont think barbers are doing outcalls. Let alone hookin dude up with a line up. 

I can see finn going back to rescue some of the other brainwashed stormtroopers. Kind of a counter to ren killing all the jedi and a nod to finn's character going back to confront what he's been running away from. It stood out to me when that one trooper recognized him and called him a traitor. I always kind of thought of them as mindless cronies but it seems they have a culture and relationships among themselves. Would be funny if all the troopers really do look like him :lol:

I don't think JJ got a backend %

Marvel did that with RDJ for Avengers and 'allegedly' he ended up making over 100 million.

I can see finn going back to rescue some of the other brainwashed stormtroopers. Kind of a counter to ren killing all the jedi and a nod to finn's character going back to confront what he's been running away from. It stood out to me when that one trooper recognized him and called him a traitor. I always kind of thought of them as mindless cronies but it seems they have a culture and relationships among themselves. Would be funny if all the troopers really do look like him :lol:
That'd be cool.

That's the clear difference between clone wars stormtroopers and FO stormstroopers. Kidnapping young children and indoctrinating them to your cause can still lead to a few rebellious members.

luke depressed b, how you want him to look?

Back
Top Bottom