(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

If you aren't a book reader then stay out of the thread then :lol: We read the books and the shows is beyond the books so we are allowed to speak freely for once this season.

I read them all but no idea what you guys are implying :lol:

The Game of Thrones thing to do would be that R+L= J is totally wrong

So... I put a little thought into it:

And I'm somewhat convinced that Coldhands is the original nights King

Last edited:
IMO Preston is all about conjecture with no concrete trail of evidence to speak of when he makes his assumptions. He lays out an idea because it sounds cool and not because it would actually fit in with Martin's writing style, the character's motivations, or general logic.

It's pure fan fiction and if you go back before Dance came out and look at the garbage he was spewing you'd get a clearer picture of why most everything he says is clearly nonsense.

Preston's theories are based off assumptions he comes up with instead text from the book. At the end of his videos, he gives a disclaimer stating he's possibly wrong about the stuff he spoke about because it's all far fetched.

I look at his videos as FanFic, nothing more.

If you want actual knowledge taken from the books, check out Alt Shift X's page. Easily my favorite YouTube channel about ASoIAF

I think thats not the case. Just fan service showing us the history since we never got it in picture form. To say bran was behind aerys being mad. Well then youd have to say/think he was behind the 200 years of targareyon crap that went down and we know thats more than likely not the case.
Him warging in to hodor was even kind of......iffy at best of what really happened to hodor as far as the book goes (or can go)

Interesting say more.i like this thought.

As far as preston goes again. He does have some theories out there that are far fetched but he does sprinkle a lot of book and actual events in his theories. Yall making it sound like his stuff is 100% made up all the time which isnt the case.
If youwatch the video and you remember the book. That video has nothing thats out of thin air. Just suggestions that fit in to the real history of what we know. (Like ashrya committing suicide. Or did she???) Who is lemore why focus on her. We know ashrya was a dime. And tyrion points out lemore to be a dime as well and saying you wicked creature and how she has a pass and how we know people of dorne are mad sexual and free people as well)

Last edited:
Why else repeatedly show Aerys and the wildfire and young Jamie?
Like I asked before why Bran and not the OG 3ER? He has been observing for a lot longer than Bran and on top of that it wasn't like the Mad King heard voices just once. He has been hearing them for a little while and the 3ER had nothing but time. I don't buy the altering the past through warging, but if it were a thing I would think the 3ER is behind all of it.

Like I asked before why Bran and not the OG 3ER? He has been observing for a lot longer than Bran and on top of that it wasn't like the Mad King heard voices just once. He has been hearing them for a little while and the 3ER had nothing but time. I don't buy the altering the past through warging, but if it were a thing I would think the 3ER is behind all of it.
Brynden rivers is Targareyon is he not....
I dont like the time travel bran made this happened blah blah blah stuff either. again I would still separate the show or atleast take it with an extreme grain of salt.

again Targaryeons have known to be crazy. now if Bryden had something to do with it ....thats yet to be determined. but then why was it only a handful that were like that..? what purpose would that have caused if the ultimate goal was to just be a watcher or get people come help up north. ??

Originally Posted by WorldBreaker  

Brynden rivers is Targareyon is he not....
I dont like the time travel bran made this happened blah blah blah stuff either. again I would still separate the show or atleast take it with an extreme grain of salt.

again Targaryeons have known to be crazy. now if Bryden had something to do with it ....thats yet to be determined. but then why was it only a handful that were like that..? what purpose would that have caused if the ultimate goal was to just be a watcher or get people come help up north. ??
Yes he's a Targ. 

Reason why I asked is because people in her and all over the internet are coming up with theory's about Bran influencing people in the past. I never understood why people think Bran is responsible for all of this and not the 3ER. 

Yes he's a Targ. 

Reason why I asked is because people in her and all over the internet are coming up with theory's about Bran influencing people in the past. I never understood why people think Bran is responsible for all of this and not the 3ER. 

neither do I.

I'm in a pretty serious ASOIAF group on facebook and maybe only 2 people are fighting for Bran being able to do that (they're also show watcher only)
The rest of us kind of think it's extremely farfetched that happened.
Besides after what happened with the night king thing and hodor, i think he knows to never do that again.

People wanted new stuff to think about, they saw ned maybe hear bran and the floodgates opened with them throwing ideas around.

i take it your referring to the books so i would say this is unlikely. You say original nights king but what evidence do you have that the original one has changed? Also when Sam, Bran, Meera, and Jojen all meet him they note that he is wearing Nights Watch clothing. And before you say maybe the original nights king was a Nights watchmen there was no Nights Watch until after the others appeared and were defeated.

And the only book evidence we have that there even is a Nights King is in the stories that are told by people telling "childrens stories"

Last edited:
Starting to think Bran is behind the Mad King being obsessed with fire
So far in books the only flashbacks and visions Bran has are of events that occured in front of a Weirwood tree i.e. his father praying in the godswood and also Theon in godswood. All this stuff about Bran changing stuff in the past is straight from events in the show. Nothing in the books has led me to beleive that he has this capability.

Starting to think Bran is behind the Mad King being obsessed with fire
So far in books the only flashbacks and visions Bran has are of events that occured in front of a Weirwood tree i.e. his father praying in the godswood and also Theon in godswood. All this stuff about Bran changing stuff in the past is straight from events in the show. Nothing in the books has led me to beleive that he has this capability.

What do you call Ned's hearing him in the Godswood though? I don't think he can change the past back to the future style but it's clear he can interact with it in a very small capacity.

i take it your referring to the books so i would say this is unlikely. You say original nights king but what evidence do you have that the original one has changed? Also when Sam, Bran, Meera, and Jojen all meet him they note that he is wearing Nights Watch clothing. And before you say maybe the original nights king was a Nights watchmen there was no Nights Watch until after the others appeared and were defeated.

And the only book evidence we have that there even is a Nights King is in the stories that are told by people telling "childrens stories"

The original Night's King of the stories came after the others appeared. There was no "Night's King" until my man lost his mind and wife'd a chick with pale white skin and brought her back to the brib.

And he was a lord commander of the nights watch. And resided in the Nightfort.

Based on appearance Coldhands was probably a nights watch member and also knew the secrets of the Nightfort like the tunnel and he magic around it.

We also know he's very old as he died long ago according to the children of the forest.

There's also he debate over the reading of the line "your monster, Brandon Stark." No one referred to Bran as Brandon, so was Coldhands saying "[i am] your monster, Brandon Stark" or "[i am] your monster, [i am] Brandon Stark."

We know old Nan said the Night's King was an old stark King, possibly a Brandon.

Also note were never told the original Night's King was ever turned into an Other or a Wight.

Last edited:
*hand clap*

Let's hope the black fish hits jamie with that verbal ether on sunday.

You are nobody, the Millionth of your name. Queen of nothing. Slave of Khal Moro.

PLEASE GRRM if you really love your fans. add this line of absolute brilliance to your books.

Last edited:
The original Night's King of the stories came after the others appeared. There was no "Night's King" until my man lost his mind and wife'd a chick with pale white skin and brought her back to the brib.

And he was a lord commander of the nights watch. And resided in the Nightfort.

Based on appearance Coldhands was probably a nights watch member and also knew the secrets of the Nightfort like the tunnel and he magic around it.

We also know he's very old as he died long ago according to the children of the forest.

There's also he debate over the reading of the line "your monster, Brandon Stark." No one referred to Bran as Brandon, so was Coldhands saying "[i am] your monster, Brandon Stark" or "[i am] your monster, [i am] Brandon Stark."

We know old Nan said the Night's King was an old stark King, possibly a Brandon.

Also note were never told the original Night's King was ever turned into an Other or a Wight.
After reading this i realised i had totally forgot who the Nights King was as far as books go. As much as i try to separate the show and books, i still find myself mixing them. Yea so as far as books go Nights King could be Coldhands.

Last edited:
I always thought Cold Hands was Bran the Builder for some reason. Don't know why. Just a gut feeling.

Back
Top Bottom