(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

we were saying this before (was it this thread or somewhere else)

but dany's story stopped making sense when drogo died.
she has easily been the most boring chapter reads for me (and that includes Sansa's) Sansas actually got more interesting the 2nd time through.

she has easily been the most boring chapter reads for me (and that includes Sansa's) Sansas actually got more interesting the 2nd time through.

I was gonna say Sam, but his chapters have been good except for him crying and pissing himself.

Last edited:
Was the Night King even mentioned in the book?

I don't remember

I am talking about the guy who mugged Snow and touched Bran

I wouldn't say right after Drogo. After the house of the undying it started to go down hill from there for me. It went back up for a little bit when she got the unsullied only because I wanted to learn more about them. Then her story fell off again.

You're right. I didnt read thoroughly the first time through with house of the undying. The only thing that saved it for me was quaithe liked her

I would be okay with that theory too. Kind of a play on the whole Kill the boy, Jon Snow, speech from Maester Aemon

I wont.
Huffington post has an article theory about Arya.
Saying her and waif are the same person.http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57541ae4e4b0ed593f14ab46

Wild thing is...im not against this....
i dont see it being the case but i can see D&D do this. "Kill the girl " (different person i know)
Well, damn. When I really think about it, I see it as a strong possibility. Either that or the Waif is betraying her own training with her personal vendetta. Which just takes it back to her being Arya.

Episode 7 was solid.

Good seeing "Gravedigger" alive and well.

Everything's a toss up at this point and I'm soaking it all it for the impending chaos that'll surely happen Ep 8 - 10.

I wont.
Huffington post has an article theory about Arya.
Saying her and waif are the same person.http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57541ae4e4b0ed593f14ab46

Wild thing is...im not against this....
i dont see it being the case but i can see D&D do this. "Kill the girl " (different person i know)
These theories are too much. I discuss them on here and with friends everyweek. And I have come to the conclusion that very little if any of them happen. Like i had a friend swear to me Hodor was warging into Lyannas horse and got kicked in the head. Then when we saw what really happened with Hodor he moved on to the next crazy theory. Think strictly book theories atleast have data available to make a case. The show is pretty much whatever D&D want to do.

As for the waif and Arya being the same person, i dont see it. I could be wrong tho.

Yeah a day later I can't see them pulling a fight club.

My money is on the person who was stabbed not really being Arya.

Well at this point its just the patient but tedious wait for the book.

I did however pick up his book from the 80s or 70s called dying of the light

^^ I honestly don't care if Winds doesn't come out until 2018, which is plausible.

I know as a bookreader I'm in the minority but I'm content with the way the GoT is heading

These theories are too much. I discuss them on here and with friends everyweek. And I have come to the conclusion that very little if any of them happen. Like i had a friend swear to me Hodor was warging into Lyannas horse and got kicked in the head. Then when we saw what really happened with Hodor he moved on to the next crazy theory. Think strictly book theories atleast have data available to make a case. The show is pretty much whatever D&D want to do.

As for the waif and Arya being the same person, i dont see it. I could be wrong tho.
laugh.gif

The Hold the Door episode opened up the theory flood gates with Bran having some kind of influence on everything that has ever happened in Westeros. I had a friend of mine bet that Bran goes back in time and influences Jamie to push him out of the window. Bran would never have met the 3ER if he hadn't, so... I was like bra why would they waste time on stuff that doesn't further the plot?
Hopefully we get it before the end of the year
Brah fans use to be concerned about GRRM dying before he finished the series. It's kinda messed up because dude isn't super old. Sure he's obese, but damn putting a time table of 5-8 years on his life is brutal......However the way 2016 has been going 
frown.gif

^^ I honestly don't care if Winds doesn't come out until 2018, which is plausible.

I know as a bookreader I'm in the minority but I'm content with the way the GoT is heading
I'm just a stickler for canon.

I'd rather see a story end terribly than for it not to be "real." It's why I'm still iffy on the new Star Wars. I loved it, but Lucas hated it so...

Valid point. They cant take away a good chunk of grrms hard work and story building and i just be ok with it.
Dorme. The iron islands. Stone heart. Like im not ok with those changes.

I said before the only great addition the show did was more tywin and more olenna tyrell. High spareow is becomming awesome for this as well.
But everything else m... meh

I'm just a stickler for canon.

I'd rather see a story end terribly than for it not to be "real." It's why I'm still iffy on the new Star Wars. I loved it, but Lucas hated it so...

The same George Lucas that damn near ruined the Star Wars franchise with those abysmal prequels. Okay

Canon means nothing if the material suffers, not that GRRM will ruin ASoIAF but GoT has improved certain storylines, imo.

Back
Top Bottom