(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

It's really looking like they will, and I think they've set the stage perfectly.

I really hope they go for it.

And y'all nailed it calling Benjen with Coldhands traits.

It would be hilarious if it does cause book readers have spoiled that already since the show runners confirmed she wouldn't be in it.

well got CH..

with brienne is being sent off on her own and Jaime  leaving kings landing..

think we get lady stoneheart storyline now?

Last edited:
I overlooked the Jamie bit too...yea they're definitely teeing things :nerd:

It would be fitting and incredible TV having her come back and offing another fan favorite like Jamie on top of Brienne

Im about to post 3 videos.. after you r+l=j guys watch. If this doesnt shake your 100% confidence in that theory i dont know what will.

(Btw its not a+l=j) but still makes r+l=j seem a lot more shaky

Last edited:
I said it before but i'm so sick of theories. I'm just letting it all play it out and enjoy it. Kinda gets me heated that people are posting all the theories in the show thread now too. Yeah they're just theories but the fans are freaks and study this stuff more closely than college courses. The stuff they post is likely true but I want it to be revealed to me by reading or watching it.

Last edited:
I understand where youre coming from. But i think a lot of what we talk about in this thread. (Compared to the show thread) is getting timelines correct and piecing the story together.

R+L=J =theory

Who is blood raven or who is quaith . = connecting the story and pieces together.

I understand where youre coming from. But i think a lot of what we talk about in this thread. (Compared to the show thread) is getting timelines correct and piecing the story together.

R+L=J =theory

Who is blood raven or who is quaith . = connecting the story and pieces together.

I think you should wait until the end of this season before pushing it any further. I feel that we'll get closure on this matter by seasons end. Either we are proven right or wrong whichever side we stand on. Digging holes and such is sort of pointless now IMO with closure coming so soon anyway. And it won't be like coldhands/Benjen merger that we got with the show. I believe with this part it will be exactly as GRRM intended.

Last edited:
I think you should wait until the end of this season before pushing it any further. I feel that we'll get closure on this matter by seasons end. Either we are proven right or wrong whichever side we stand on. Digging holes and such is sort of pointless now IMO with closure coming so soon anyway. And it won't be like coldhands/Benjen merger that we got with the show. I believe with this part it will be exactly as GRRM intended.

thats not exactly accurate. i dont consider anything we've gotten this season as "closure" due to it possibly (more than likely) a lot different than what the books will have.
the only thing that has been confirmed by grrm for a show and book tie in. is Hodor's name being from Hold the door.
He hasn't came out and confirmed anything else yet. in the most recent interview DD said that there were only 3 big reveals this season that grrm gave them. the rest they are doing their own thing. So im not going to take the show cannon as book cannon especially considering majority of this stuff is happening completely different in the books.

edit: wait are you thinking im saying those are theories we should talk about???

Last edited:

R+L=J =theory

I know people question who Quaithe is but what is there to question about Bloodraven? In the books he is Brynden Rivers.

^ it was an example

Jesus Christ dude let it go :lol:
No
(This board is for book discussion as GBdaman said so lets keep discussing book things)
Not just..."lets wait for the show to be over so we get our answers"

Watch the video. Its more of connect the dots thing. Also not about sokely r+L. It is a history video talking about the daynes (which we know little about)
So before seeing the videos and commenting before watching. Try watching when u have time

Last edited:
New to the thread, sup everybody!

I watched the videos. Coincidentally, just last night I asked myself about Dany's true parentage and whether she should believe Viserys or not. He didn't exactly have her best interests in mind. So yeah, I'd say they made me reconsider R+L=J. Not enough to outright disown it but it's an interesting discussion. 

The Dayne family stuff is curious... Do we not know a lot about them because the family isn't that important to the overall story? Or because GRRM is trying to hit us with some misdirection? 

Last edited:
New to the thread, sup everybody!

I watched the videos. Coincidentally, just last night I asked myself about Dany's true parentage and whether she should believe Viserys or not. He didn't exactly have her best interests in mind. So yeah, I'd say they made me reconsider R+L=J. Not enough to outright disown it but it's an interesting discussion. 

The Dayne family stuff is curious... Do we not know a lot about them because the family isn't that important to the overall story? Or because GRRM is trying to hit us with some misdirection? 
welcome man.

Let me preface this by saying I don't disown that R+L can possibly = J. I just think its not so neat and easy to predict as people have been doing it and as those videos pointed out something doesn't make sense with it.

I think we'll get more House Dayne stuff once we get more Dorne stuff in general. I just think he's spent so much time book 1-3 focusing on the main westeroes. that now with 4-5-6 we'll get more of the free cities. iron island (people) and dorne stuff.

I've also been really curious about meera and the Reeds a lot lately and this video helps out a bit. (his other videos are great also)

Ehhh... Preston Jacobs straight makes **** up though.
yes he has some stuff up where im like....where did u get that from.
But he has other stuff that is accurate. Nothing in those videos arent anything new. Its just putting pieces together.

Back
Top Bottom