(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Dragon glass seems to be a one time use thing though

My thinking is more along the lines of that there's plenty of dragon glass available to make dozens of arrows &/or spears plus they can used at a far distance

versus

Valyrian steel, which is in limited supply, requires close combat and if you swing & miss, RIP

Do we know if dragon glass does anything to the wights? I see them be destroyed by fire but not dragon glass. That only seems to be effective on White Walkers. If that's the case they don't need a whole lot to defeat the White Walkers. On dragon glass blade disintegrates them. 
I feel what your saying. I just don't see how they are going to squeeze all that into 1.5 seasons that are left after this season. I think something totally unexpected is going to happen when he goes home. Also I still wonder what GRRM is going to do with his character at the citadel. I don't see him earning a maester chain in the span of 2 books and coming back to the wall.
It's not about Sam getting his chains and coming back to castle black. He will probably learn something important about the White Walkers or how to defeat them  and either go back to castle black or send a raven to Jon. A Maesters is at least a two year program. Winter is here now. There's no time......badumtsh

Last edited:
Do we know if dragon glass does anything to the wights? I see them be destroyed by fire but not dragon glass. That only seems to be effective on White Walkers. If that's the case they don't need a whole lot to defeat the White Walkers. On dragon glass blade disintegrates them. 

I would think that if you kill all the white walkers, the wights will "die" with them, no ?

Is it confirmed that there's only one more season?

Edit* nvmd I see it could go to 8 seasons

Last edited:
Dragon glass seems to be a one time use thing though

So the spearheads probably break right after they're thrown and then impact against something? You can get more use of the daggers but you'd have to fight close.

I would think that if you kill all the white walkers, the wights will "die" with them, no ?

That would be an avengers movie type thing.

Paging rexanglorum rexanglorum to get this poll up.

On a side note who do you guys think is saving Bran and meera next episode?

We've seen a hooded figure saving them in the trailers. Some people say coldhands, but most everyone I've seen recently thinks it's Benjen. I believe it will be none other than Howland Reed.

Maybe a mix of the two. Doesn't have to be a book character.

Benjen with cold hand traits?

Last edited:
unconfirmed episode 8-10 titles

Season 6, episode 8: “Niemand” (“No One”) Season 6, episode 9: “Die Schlacht der Bastarde” (“The Battle of the Bastards”) Season 6, episode 10: “Die Winde des Winters” (“The Winds of Winter”)

SHAME!!! SHAME!!! I don't think Margery is gonna do a pentance walk tomorrow and that's gonna anger Cersei and she'll jump the gun somehow. I just want to know when Jamie and Cersei fallout is going to happen.

From this weeks Frey scenes and next weeks previews,it looks like they're setting the stage for one of the biggest WTF moments in TV...

:nerd:

Last edited:
Would be nice to see GRRM shut down a lot of fan theories and see people's sad reactions.

From this weeks Frey scenes and next weeks previews,it looks like they're setting the stage for one of the biggest WTF moments in TV...
nerd.gif
All the pieces seem to be falling into place.
nerd.gif

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom