(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Probably because people thought bran was going to live in a tree or that he'll die since the white walkers are chasing him now.

How is he the heir to Winterfell? Bran is his older brother. You could say he's the supposed heir with people in Westeros thinking Bran is dead but he's certainly not in line to rule from a viewer perspective.

I don't see any story for him in the TV show other than them using him as a trigger for us to get angry at whoever kills him. His direwolf is dead. He's not warging. They're just going to leave him in charge at Winterfell when everyone is out fighting Dany and the WW?

It makes sense to kill him off. Jon and Sansa are going to retake Winterfell and Jon will be using Winterfell to conduct the war in the north against the WW. Getting down to *apparenty* 14 episodes left after this season I don't see them wasting precious time with cut aways to Rickon "running things" at Winterfell while the white walkers decend on the north.
In the world of westeros Rickon is clearly alive but Bran is MIA so to the nrothern lords loyal to the Starks Rickon is their heir. I'm not sure what your talking about wasting time with cut aways. Why can't Rickon be there while Jon conducts business then he leaves Rickon there when he leaves for battle? There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Also there's way more for Jon then Winferfell so why not leave it to Rickon.

Last edited:

How is he the heir to Winterfell? Bran is his older brother. You could say he's the supposed heir with people in Westeros thinking Bran is dead but he's certainly not in line to rule from a viewer perspective.

I don't see any story for him in the TV show other than them using him as a trigger for us to get angry at whoever kills him. His direwolf is dead. He's not warging. They're just going to leave him in charge at Winterfell when everyone is out fighting Dany and the WW?

It makes sense to kill him off. Jon and Sansa are going to retake Winterfell and Jon will be using Winterfell to conduct the war in the north against the WW. Getting down to *apparenty* 14 episodes left after this season I don't see them wasting precious time with cut aways to Rickon "running things" at Winterfell while the white walkers decend on the north.
In the world of westeros Rickon is clearly alive but Bran is MIA so to the nrothern lords loyal to the Starks Rickon is their heir. I'm not sure what your talking about wasting time with cut aways. They win back winterfell and Jon goes off to war. We don't really have to see whats going on at Winterfell after they take it back. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Also there's way more for Jon then Winferfell so why not leave it to Rickon.
I also think it's lazy assuming because you've seen Ramsay kill a lot of people and haven't seen Rickon for two seasons that Rickon must have been brought back as another reason to hate Ramsay. You're drawing incredibly complicated theories for how the rest of the story plays out, but Rickon suddenly can't serve any greater purpose? It's just a coincidence the writers decided to yada yada him going back to Witnerfell? Just to have him killed to give Ramsay another "we hate you!" moment? We hate him plenty already. It'd be waste of a potential primary character.

Also, all of you are suddenly out on the great northern conspiracy?

I also think it's lazy assuming because you've seen Ramsay kill a lot of people and haven't seen Rickon for two seasons that Rickon must have been brought back as another reason to hate Ramsay. You're drawing incredibly complicated theories for how the rest of the story plays out, but Rickon suddenly can't serve any greater purpose? It's just a coincidence the writers decided to yada yada him going back to Witnerfell? Just to have him killed to give Ramsay another "we hate you!" moment? We hate him plenty already. It'd be waste of a potential primary character.

I wanna know how ya see Rickon surviving his current circumstances. Jon and Tormund gonna pull a special ops mission like Yara and the Ironborn when they tried to rescue Theon?

the great northern conspiracy will live on!

(i hope)

i do fear that rickon is gonna be one of the flayed men displayed in the previews of bastard bowl, though.

Last edited:

I wanna know how ya see Rickon surviving his current circumstances. Jon and Tormund gonna pull a special ops mission like Yara and the Ironborn when they tried to rescue Theon?
Besides Ned Stark name one ward/hostage that was killed in custody on the show?

Yes, Ned was killed by a psycho, and yes Ramsay is a psycho, but Joffrey didn't need Ned. Ramsay very much so recognizes that he needs Rickon. He also saw how killing Ned in captivity rallied the North and what it did to Joffrey and the Lannisters. Rickon in captivity forces people to tread lightly, at least until he gets Sansa or Arya back. Killing Rickon without an heir just further fuels the uprising his father warned him about and leaves him with an illegitimate claim.

I don't see how any of you can reason out the logic it would take for him to kill Rickon prior to capturing Sansa. Especially when they went through the theatrics of showing Rickon being handed over, the fact that it'd be a waste of a story, and that we don't need any more fuel for the Ramsay hate fire. Unless your argument is just "Ramsay is crazy and everything is nihilistic, it doesn't need meaning!" in which, yeah I'd like to think the writers are better than that.

Last edited:
^^ nako xl nako xl

Rickon won't make it to episode 10 lol. Once Ramsey lures Jon into battle, there's no reason to keep him alive. There's a clip from the trailer showing 6 men upside down & on fire during the Battle of the bastards scene. I believe one of them is Rickon.

Here's a pic of the clip I was referring to earlier:

I hope so,the Internet would crash :lol:.

I could see her rollin up on Brienne after leaving Riverrun and giving her the ultimate L once she finds out that she let Sansa go off with the man who backstabbed her husband.

Last edited:
in the trailer we see Podrick getting snatched up and carried away ..could easily be The Brotherhood without Banners capturing him

Last edited:
She would get so much hate. Wonder how much damage that character can do and who else she would go after. I'd imagine she'd have the brotherhood without banners with her but who can they attack with limited numbers. Might be hard to get more troops with how she looks and how she came back.

Prob Ramsay or LF, not LSH, snatching her up and sending her to kill Jamie

Or maybe just Bf

Last edited:
Maybe Blackfish takes up LSH's role?
I think this might be the case because in the books Brienne hasn't found Sansa or Arya so the situation she was in with LS looked like a tough spot. In the show she was protecting Sansa which was her vow so LS doesn't have a reason to do anything to her. Now Blackfish doesn't know who she is, but they know Lannister gold. 
nerd.gif

I'm 98% sure Benjen is gonna save the day in the next episode. They're gonna need some help and Benjen's name has come up a few times this season.

Maybe Blackfish takes up LSH's role?
I think this might be the case because in the books Brienne hasn't found Sansa or Arya so the situation she was in with LS looked like a tough spot. In the show she was protecting Sansa which was her vow so LS doesn't have a reason to do anything to her. Now Blackfish doesn't know who she is, but they know Lannister gold. :nerd:

I'm 98% sure Benjen is gonna save the day in the next episode. They're gonna need some help and Benjen's name has come up a few times this season.

Adult Benjen's on the cast list for EP 10 not EP 6. But maybe.

Back
Top Bottom