(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Easily one of the better eps this season. But where the f is yara and theon going???

The children of the forest and first men thing was sort of hinted at in the world of ice and fire book.

The hold the door thing i havent heard since this season started but geez brought a tear. The wolf i didn't care about.

The grrm thing was surprising. Theyve never really dropped his name like that before.

Didnt really like this episode. Maybe because its giving away things in the WoW. Best part was the Waif showing Arya that she knows nothing when she went unarmed and whooped her ***

Easily one of the better eps this season. But where the f is yara and theon going???

The children of the forest and first men thing was sort of hinted at in the world of ice and fire book.

The hold the door thing i havent heard since this season started but geez brought a tear. The wolf i didn't care about.

The grrm thing was surprising. Theyve never really dropped his name like that before.
What GRRM thing and name drop?

I meant D&D never really go on interviews saying... "as we were preparing for this episode grrm was saying..........."

i dont remember many if any interivews of them doing that.

I still dont know how much of this epsidode gave away wow. the WW thing I could kind of see that still being the case but nothing else in this episode really gave something major away.

The Arya thing is interesting because in all honesty i know this is a test for her to lose her self but im way more convinced in the book that she has lost her Stark ways.

Like i said I actually liked this ep. kept me at attention. only really almost fell asleep at the kingsmoot part.. theyre turning ironislands in to dorne.

do you think they're going to tie that story line together??? dorne wants to support dany. iron islands want to support dany........ :nerd:

you know who is going to save Bran now.........................not cold hands...........
stannis!!!!!!!! :nerd:
:smokin
lol im kidding im kidding.

signs that children of the forest made others from the book exerpts

Last edited:
GRRM been trolling the internet dropping spoilers for 20 years and people ain't eem realize it.

iseeu.png

@Tdogg2k I liked the Kingsmoot. It was GoT getting back to the political intrigue that I enjoy. Weirdly, the least interesting thing for me right now is the Night's King. Way too OP.

Ugh. I hate Reddit.

Now it's got me wondering, with this time travel aspect, if one (or all) of the Stark kids are the Seven/r'hllor/Many-Faced gawd

D&D's been name dropping GRRM since Season 1.

Most recently, after Shireen was burned, they used GRRM name in the same vain as last night's episode.

I'm not attacking you, btw

This is great.

Looks like I need to visit reddit more frequently.

I was hoping since the book thread is smarter than the show thread someone would be able to clear up the time travel thing :lol:

I meant D&D never really go on interviews saying... "as we were preparing for this episode grrm was saying..........."

i dont remember many if any interivews of them doing that.

I still dont know how much of this epsidode gave away wow. the WW thing I could kind of see that still being the case but nothing else in this episode really gave something major away.

The Arya thing is interesting because in all honesty i know this is a test for her to lose her self but im way more convinced in the book that she has lost her Stark ways.

Like i said I actually liked this ep. kept me at attention. only really almost fell asleep at the kingsmoot part.. theyre turning ironislands in to dorne.

do you think they're going to tie that story line together??? dorne wants to support dany. iron islands want to support dany........ :nerd:

you know who is going to save Bran now.........................not cold hands...........
stannis!!!!!!!! :nerd:
:smokin
lol im kidding im kidding.

In the D&D interviews they say GRRM let them know the Hodor name origin so some version of that will be in Winds. I always figured Bran was meant to become the new guy in the tree. Guess we know for sure now that he wont be.

I guess i haven't watched enough D&D interviews
I was hoping since the book thread is smarter than the show thread someone would be able to clear up the time travel thing :lol:
, he didn't change the past. No more than it was already meant to be changed. It's a time bubble. The event is among the causes of another event, which in turn is among the causes of the first-mentioned event. It's an infinite loop of the same cause and effect. It was always meant to be this way, Hodor was always gonna be Hodor. Bran just didn't know until it happened.

People struggle to understand time paradoxes because they don't really make sense while also being the clearest things ever.

Bran didn't screw Hodor. Even if he hadn't warged into him in that moment something else would have happened to make him Hodor. You can't change the past, it's already happened. If it didn't you wouldn't be where you are to try to change it.

Butterfly effects are impossible.

In theory...

Last edited:
^^ Understandable but I still want to know how Hodor started saying "Hodor" originally.

Maybe I'll get that answer in WInds when GRRM finishes in 2018 :rolleyes

it's just funny how all the questions now are.. is Bran bran the builder or bran the destroyer. like no he's not multiple people those people actually lived. this is more than likely a one time interference thing (not fact just guessing) but again it's hard to say it was even "interference"

^^ Understandable but I still want to know how Hodor started saying "Hodor" originally.

Maybe I'll get that answer in WInds when GRRM finishes in 2018 :rolleyes
Feel you. i have been having too many conversations/arguments with people as to what this incident means for future Bran time travel. Only person who can answer these questions and settle arguments is GRRM, since its his story. Book 6 needs a release date asap.

On a sidenote has anyone read The Stormlight Archive boos by Brandon Sanderson?

In your opinions, does him playing with timelines and paradoxes explain a little more why these books take him so long? Particularly the facts that seemingly minor scenery passages in book 1 are now showing to be huge reveals in book 6?

Trey ohh five post in here doesnt he? If he does its not quite time travel.

Anyway all of this is a slippery slope but ialso dont think its as deep as people aremaking it out to be.. think of bran as Marvels the watcher. Hes not suppose to intefere with anything. But hodor is/was that one exception in order for him to become who he needed to become. But I don't think its going beyond that with the "interference " of the past. From here on out he may guide the present in order to stop the white walkers but thats about it.

Its to slippery in the fact people are going to start saying "well why didnt the 3 eye ravem just stop the cotf.

I dont think it goes like that.

As far as sansa goes if she is pregnant that wouldn't be a bad thing. Yes she would be having ramsays child. But if they kill ramsay she now has an heir to winter fell and as LF said.. her. "HALF" (Important) brother has no claim. That's why he said you have to get your own army.

But having the kid gives her that bolton alligence as well LF knows what hes doing.

I think she could be. That bastard doesn't seem the type to only rape her a couple times but frequently to get an heir started. We haven't seen her try to find a maester and drink some abortion juice though.

Back
Top Bottom