(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I actually would have like to see if people believe him to be true and what his fandom wpuld be like if his story was placed right. But def too much information for show only watchers. Their struggling and already being babied as is.
To add the complication of jon connington and young griff.

That would also be another nickname debacle in the show thread we'd have to sit through.... (kill me)

After this season aren't there only 10 episodes left? Introducing young griff would've added more to an already overflowed plate.

Ah, ok. I remember the rumors of them splitting up the last season into two parts, a year apart. Would've been poetic if they finished in 7.

They haven't confirmed an 8th season, but the idea is 13 episodes after this season.

That will change though. They did the same **** with the wire and i think deadwood.

As good as this works is seasons/ shows burn out. This show could do it but it td be overload for most. The show has made views dependent on jon danny tyrion sansa

I'm already hearing more complaints about this season than the previous seasons. Like people say you should leave them wanting more instead of staying on too long.

This season has been great so far IMO. 

I might be in the minority, but Tyrion's and the High Sparrow's story lines are kinda boring and not for any particular reason I personal just don't care about the High Sparrow anymore. Other than that I love what's going on in the North, Iron Islands, Wall, and Bravos

Last edited:
i think the problem in this thread is that its supposed to be about books but most of the talk has been about the show and we cant seem to seperate the two. We justify our points about what we believe is going to happen based on book facts even though the show has moved past many of the book plotlines. You either believe what you see in the show or you use your book knowledge to hypothesize reasons why a dead character may stll be alive.

To be completely honest its more about the hypocrisy you dudes are showing more so if hes dead or alive. If jon jadnt been resurrected yet yall would still be on the... "hes coming back because thats how its suppose to be and evidence shows..."
After seeing/reading him confirmed dead.
Hypocrites.

You guys also still realize the Baratheons hold the crown. Meaninf stannis is still the rightful heir.
The people in the north may not wanr anything to do with westeros but they also have no ruler. Jon doesnt want to be. Im sure sansa will still bend the knee. Meaning stannis is still the one who can unite the 7 kingdoms. Yall are forcing in your minds his story should end but this also doesnt have to be the case. He is not 100% useless as some of yall may think. And with no sons hes the only one who can legitimize any of roberts bastards. To continue the baratheon line.

Now yea we know it may be a baron wasteland by the end of the book but he still can serve purpose whether yall like it or not

Seeing how this thread is for those who read the books. i can say we all knew Jon was coming back and he did. No need to talk about if he hadnt because he did.

As far as the show goes Ramsay Bolton is the Warden of the North (ruler) because Roose bent the knee and conspired with Tywin and the Freys to murder Rob thus giving him the North. At this point in the show Stannis is dead and wont be reuniting anything.

I think we need to discuss the show and the books seperately

Last edited:
Since this is the book thread & with your statement.
JON is dead and Stannis is rumored to be dead through the pink letter to which we dont know who is from. The pink letter in the book didnt have the bolton seal.

Since this is the book thread & with your statement.
JON is dead and Stannis is rumored to be dead through the pink letter to which we dont know who is from. The pink letter in the book didnt have the bolton seal.
Yes according to the books that is correct. It was signed Ramsay Bolton Trueborn Lord of Wintertell tho.

^ the point is you argue to separate the show and book, but used book evidence to support your, at the time, baseless belief that Jon would come back.

Why is it then senseless for TDogg (and others) to use book evidence to reason that the intent of the show writers is for us to question whether or not Stannis is actually dead.

If you want to use show only evidence, the same argument stands.

Hence, the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
^ the point is you argue to separate the show and book, but used book evidence to support your, at the time, baseless belief that Jon would come back.

Why is it then senseless for TDogg (and others) to use book evidence to reason that the intent of the show writers is for us to question whether or not Stannis is actually dead.

Hence, the hypocrisy.

Hence, the hypocrisy.
Did you miss the part where I said WE. And at what time are you referring to? Do you have the exact quote? The whole comment about Jon Snow was an example.

Last edited:
impossible at this point not to mix book talk and show talk.
as you can see this thread goes dead without it.

anyway. Watched the ep 4 again.

This season as a whole im not a fan of (and don't think it's because Jon snow is alive, lol im not that much of a hater)

For me

Pros of this season so far:

Ramsay of course, dude is just acting his **** off right now. got people despeising him worst than Joffery. And that was a very hard task to do. but his story is interesting.
will he kill his pops in the book though?? I almost want to say no. Roose is way to smart for that and knows how sadistic his son is. if he does kill him in the next book, it certainly wont be as fast and not by knife like that. Plus roose has too many loyal subjects.

High Sparrow, im loving the story he's building up to, faith vs the crown. Im loving his talks as well. The potential civil war in the city is exciting and fresh.
book wise Margery was already out of jail before cersi right??
They're doing his story well and im liking it.

Cons:
Danerys.......'nuff said' although I read a very interesting story saying they may end up villianizing her. all this stuff that's going on may cause her to think the stuf she does is right but she's hurting people in the process.

but tyrion for sure is not saving her story line in the show.

Theon.......... unless Victarion and Euron have some wild crazy scenes. this arc is lost on me....him going back and suddenly wanting to help his sister get the throne is personally dumb to me.

Dorne.. (don't even need to discuss this)

Interesting but not really a highlight or downfall for me:
Castle black. Jon losing the will to fight is interesting. Sansa being there is another interesting element to her story. although in the book i think hers has more potential to be a great read.

Bran. to early to tell whether i like or dislike his direction
meera on the other hand i wonder if they're goign to do anything important for her.

Dont think Ramsay will kill Roose in books. They have bigger problems with the Ghost of Winterfell, Manderlys, Stannis, and losing fake Arya.

There is a theory that the High Sparrow is Howland Reed. But even if that were true i dont think the show will confirm or deny that.

Dany doing the fire thing again was wack. I would rather have seen her ask the Khals to go outside where Drogon would be just chilling and she casually walks up and pets him.

Vicatarion isnt going to be introduced on the show and i dont think Aeron is the drowned priest either.

As far as castle black goes i would like to see Sansa stand her ground and not fall for any of Petyr Baelishs lies. Robyn does like her so maybe she will gain his army.

I know alot of people have watched episode 5 via link but try not to spoil it for us. thanks

Just watched Episode 5...and thats the first time I've really felt like the show has spoiled the books 
frown.gif

Be back later tonite to discuss

Overall tho this season is one of the best IMO.

Its classic GOT which puts it on par with all the others besides Season 5 which was terrible 

I still personally think books will be completely different despite what grrm said. I think he said what he said to keep viewership up. That means $$$$$

Views would be up regardless i know. But u know a lot of book loyalist werent going to watch. And keeps people wanting more

I mean dude not even done writing wow from what we know. His brain can decide to go a completely different way

Last edited:
I still personally think books will be completely different despite what grrm said. I think he said what he said to keep viewership up. That means $$$$$

Views would be up regardless i know. But u know a lot of book loyalist werent going to watch. And keeps people wanting more

I mean dude not even done writing wow from what we know. His brain can decide to go a completely different way

Agreed. You are a true book loyalist tho so I really wanna hear your thoughts on Episode 5 and the implications it could have

I have a different type of love for both the books and show ..the show was what drove me to read the books which means it will always mean a lot.

But I could honestly see myself re reading the books every couple of years for the rest of my life

Back
Top Bottom