(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Nah they know word. There have been a few characters who referenced her. And Big Rob wasn't exactly discrete about trying to get her killed.

And Tdogg sounds like your whole post was you just agreeing with my post but not wanting to so you took another "no one will legitimize Jon" shot :lol:

lol you weren't wrong.

but ima make you not right. hahahaha

I was just thinking about the house of the undying scene in the book vs the show, i wonder why they did that.....

show watchers know almost nothing about Rhaegar. i would say they know more about Aerys

why would they do that then just spring on show watchers well jons dad is Rhaegar.

....things that make you go hmmm

Overall a pretty good episode.

A Stark reunion all in the first 5 minutes of the ep. was excellent.

Looks like Jon's change from being reborn is he lost his will to fight anymore. Man sounds like he wants to retire quietly and be left alone, not that I blame him.

Guess we can put those Stannis rumors to bed, finally.

Ramsey killing Osha was expected, still doesn't mean the Umbers aren't planning the double cross.

I'm hoping all hell breaks loose in King's Landing soon. That plan Jaime and Cersei conjured up will lead to chaos in the city :lol:

Next ep preview we finally see Bran's vision w/ the white walkers, can't wait!

So we got the pink letter

Easily my favorite part of the episode.

As for who wrote the Pink Letter in the show, I saw this on the westeros.org forums:

Barty said:

Pink letter!!! Loved it. Now I'm going to get my tinfoil hat on and come out with a crazy theory. Ramsay did not send the Pink Letter. It was SmallJon Umber. Wait just a minute and hear me out.

1. Notice how the letter starts with "You have let the wildlings through the wall and betrayed the North" - Ramsay doesnt give a **** about the wildlings. Umber does. Why would Ramsay start off with that?

2. No mention of Reek/Theon. In the books whoever sent the letter is adamant about getting his Reek back. There is no mention of Reek here. SmallJon came after Theon escaped so he would not know about Reek.

3. "You will watch as my dogs devour your wild little brother". How does Ramsay know Rickon is wild - Rickon didnt say a word to Ramsay last episode, was well behaved. Umber lived with Rickon for months and knew of Rickon's wild streak.

4. "His direwolf's skin is on my floor" - Not exactly conclusive but Ramsay got Shaggydog's head, not the body.

5. Lastly it doesnt sound like Ramsay at all. He calls Rickon Jon's brother. Ramsay has always been particular about Jon being a bastard (in the pink letter version in the books) and would almost definitely call Rickon Jon's half brother.

Its probably nuts and I'm giving D&D way too much credit if I think they can pull this off but you never know.

My only squabble with the episode was the last scene, I thought it was common knowledge that Targaryen's aren't completely immune to fire.

Yes, Dany was engulfed in flames in S1 to awaken the dragon eggs but that was a special ritual.

Now she's casually walking through fire. Idk, that scene was a little off putting if I'm being honest.

Having said that, I'm glad Dany as the Dothrak on her side now. I pray she starts heading to KL.

Last edited:
The show makes the pink letter's writer pretty certainly Ramsay.

Also noticed the Bolton seal that wasn't mentioned in the book.

Ok yeah the show threads annoying. Master Zik the lord of know it all's over there, talking a whole lot of nonsense :lol:

P.s. That Brienne saying she executed Stannis scene is still shady. :lol: go watch it! Broad goes "right before I executed him" then scurries off.

Benioff and Weiss ******* with us and y'all can't see it. Like maybe he is dead but it's obvious they want us to debate this. "Executed him" no details no nothing and a played up threatening face. And Melisandre didn't sense any of it? See any of it?

21ce9at.jpg

That's the **** Brienne did when she'd overstate her knightly accomplishments early on before Jamie tore her down for being a phony.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Thought Dany's immunity to fire was a one time thing, a magical anomaly. Show making her immune to fire all the time? :rolleyes

Can someone school me on the Pink letter?

Wasn't that the letter that told Jon that Stannis was walking in to a trap?

Then he gets betrayed because he decides to help?

Can someone school me on the Pink letter?

Wasn't that the letter that told Jon that Stannis was walking in to a trap?

Then he gets betrayed because he decides to help?
Nah its almost the same letter he got in the show except fake Arya was his wife that escaped and his prisoner is Stannis I think. He kills Mance and his spear wives.

P.s. That Brienne saying she executed Stannis scene is still shady.
laugh.gif
go watch it! Broad goes "right before I executed him" then scurries off.

Benioff and Weiss ******* with us and y'all can't see it. Like maybe he is dead but it's obvious they want us to debate this. "Executed him" no details no nothing and a played up threatening face. And Melisandre didn't sense any of it? See any of it?

That's the **** Brienne did when she'd overstate her knightly accomplishments early on before Jamie tore her down for being a phony.

I might have to apologize to you and @Tdogg2k  I'm starting to  think he's alive 
laugh.gif

4 episodes and not even a Stannis drop of blood on snow and ya the Brienna scene was kinda fishy. Seemed like she only told them she killed him because they were talking and she was like oh **** I need to stop them from asking questions.... Also I think if she was truly on some revenge type steez she should have killed Mel.

The show makes the pink letter's writer pretty certainly Ramsay.

Also noticed the Bolton seal that wasn't mentioned in the book.

The pink wax is typically used by the Boltons tho

I'm curious as to what's going on with the Vale. I'm thinking LF brings Sweetrobin and the Vale around to support the Starks when the time comes. In the novels, I'm guess Harry the Heir does that?

I don't necessarily need the Manderly's. As long as we get "the North remembers" from someone. Someone from the Umbers (if they're plotting the long con) or Bear Island or something will work.

Thought Dany's immunity to fire was a one time thing, a magical anomaly. Show making her immune to fire all the time? :rolleyes

I think it's the show writers taking a shortcut to move the story. It probably won't happen that way in the book, cuz GRRM said she's not impervious to fire.

Unless he lied...

Bear island will prob give us "the north remembers"

Nah man I need them to have casted a Epic Fat dude for Lord Manderly to deliver that :lol:

I can't believe y'all still believing that Stannis is out there somewhere ..dude was prob Mortaly wounded before he ran into Brienne ..where the hell do u think he is if not dead :lol:

P.s. That Brienne saying she executed Stannis scene is still shady. :lol: go watch it! Broad goes "right before I executed him" then scurries off.

I might have to apologize to you and @Tdogg2k
 I'm starting to think he's alive :lol: .

4 episodes and not even a Stannis drop of blood on snow and ya the Brienna scene was kinda fishy. Seemed like she only told them she killed him because they were talking and she was like oh **** I need to stop them from asking questions.... Also I think if she was truly on some revenge type steez she should have killed Mel.

I give up.

Originally Posted by WorldBreaker  

P.s. That Brienne saying she executed Stannis scene is still shady. 
laugh.gif
 go watch it! Broad goes "right before I executed him" then scurries off.

I might have to apologize to you and @Tdogg2k
 I'm starting to think he's alive 
laugh.gif

4 episodes and not even a Stannis drop of blood on snow and ya the Brienna scene was kinda fishy. Seemed like she only told them she killed him because they were talking and she was like oh **** I need to stop them from asking questions.... Also I think if she was truly on some revenge type steez she should have killed Mel

I give up.
roll.gif

I didn't say I was all in yet bro but come on man what does the show have to lose by just showing his dead body?

I mean they brought Osha back for 2 seconds to kill her on screen. 

And lets be honest. There are a lot of people holding out for Benjin Stark to be alive and we haven't seen that dude since episode 2.

The funniest thing to me is there are some people including myself thinking Shaggy Dog's head might have been a different wolf which is way more ludicrous than Stannis being alive.
laugh.gif

Stannis is probably dead, but thinking that he is alive at this point is absolutely valid dude.

[QUOTE name="WorldBreaker" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/333173/spoilers-asoiaf-books-discussion-all-books-read-edition-spoilers/3060#post_25807551[/URL]"]

P.s. That Brienne saying she executed Stannis scene is still shady. :lol:  go watch it! Broad goes "right before I executed him" then scurries off.

I might have to apologize to you and @Tdogg2k

I'm starting to think he's alive :lol:  .

4 episodes and not even a Stannis drop of blood on snow and ya the Brienna scene was kinda fishy. Seemed like she only told them she killed him because they were talking and she was like oh **** I need to stop them from asking questions.... Also I think if she was truly on some revenge type steez she should have killed Mel

I give up.
:rofl:
I didn't say I was all in yet bro but come on man what does the show have to lose by just showing his dead body?
I mean they brought Osha back for 2 seconds to kill her on screen. 

And lets be honest. There are a lot of people holding out for Benjin Stark to be alive and we haven't seen that dude since episode 2.
The funniest thing to me is there are some people including myself thinking Shaggy Dog's head might have been a different wolf which is way more ludicrous than Stannis being alive.:lol:  

Stannis is probably dead, but thinking that he is alive at this point is absolutely valid dude.
[/quote]

How is this more ludicrous than Stannis being alive? If the Umbers are pulling the long con on Ramsay, they could've easily killed a dog and had it pass off as Rickon's direwolf. Ramsay hasn't ever seen one, it's not like he'd know the difference anyway. Brienne saying she executed Stannis is enough confirmation for me, he's dead. All of you citing her tone of voice as evidence are just grasping for straws at this point. Let it go.

How is this more ludicrous than Stannis being alive? If the Umbers are pulling the long con on Ramsay, they could've easily killed a dog and had it pass off as Rickon's direwolf. Ramsay hasn't ever seen one, it's not like he'd know the difference anyway. Brienne saying she executed Stannis is enough confirmation for me, he's dead. All of you citing her tone of voice as evidence are just grasping for straws at this point. Let it go.
Easily kill a dog and pass it off as a direwolf?.... Ramsey might not know what a direwolf looks like but there are story all around the North about how big they are and on top that Karstark was in the room. I'm assuming he fought a long side his father and Rob so he would know how big Grey Wind was. I love Shaggy Dog (for some reason) so I hope it's a long con, but I would buy the fact that they actually sacrificed him rather than finding a small black wolf and beheading it to pass it as Shaggy Dog. 

But you are kinda making my point. We saw "Shaggy Dog's" head and we are willing to say "nah that ain't him" with confidence , but we have Brienne awkwardly interrupting a conversation to say "I killed Stannis" and walking away and saying that is weird is grasping at straws? You don't think that's a tiny bit hypocritical? 

Anyway like I said I believe Stannis is dead because I personally think his story arc is over....but I just don't understand why one of the most important characters since season 2 doesn't have as much as a dead body to confirm death and that's what's starting to cause some doubt.

^ That's all I'm saying. Some of you don't want to admit the reason you think it's ludicrous is because TDogg said it and y'all got thread beef
laugh.gif

I don't have beef with TDogg, that's a bunch of silly BS from the show thread. I just don't think Stannis is alive for two reasons:

1. Like WorldBreaker already mentioned, within the show his story arc is over. He killed his daughter, his wife offed herself, and his army was decimated. Hell, Melisandre even admitted that she was wrong about him being Azor Ahai. There is literally no reason for Stannis to live anymore.

2. In real life, Stephen Dillane hated being on the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom