(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

^^ I honestly don't care if Winds doesn't come out until 2018, which is plausible.

I know as a bookreader I'm in the minority but I'm content with the way the GoT is heading
I'm just a stickler for canon.

I'd rather see a story end terribly than for it not to be "real." It's why I'm still iffy on the new Star Wars. I loved it, but Lucas hated it so...
dude could just be salty after everything that went down with the prequels and backhanded compliments he would have gotten along the way

^^ I honestly don't care if Winds doesn't come out until 2018, which is plausible.

I know as a bookreader I'm in the minority but I'm content with the way the GoT is heading

I'm just a stickler for canon.

I'd rather see a story end terribly than for it not to be "real." It's why I'm still iffy on the new Star Wars. I loved it, but Lucas hated it so...

The same George Lucas that damn near ruined the Star Wars franchise with those abysmal prequels. Okay

Canon means nothing if the material suffers, not that GRRM will ruin ASoIAF but GoT has improved certain storylines, imo.

How do you feel about celebrated GoT fan fiction?

im not a star wars fan (think i watched it too late in life ...2015) but i can see where fans were a bit upset about episode 1,2,3, but i actually enjoyed them. i think 7 is still my favorite though.

Still waiting for Pittman to tell us what the show has done better than the books, because i cant for the life of me think of what it could it be.

FanFiction from some random person on Tumblr is one thing but GRRM giving D&D full reigns to adapt his story isn't considered FanFic, imo

Still waiting for Pittman to tell us what the show has done better than the books, because i cant for the life of me think of what it could it be.

Sansa's story is more intriguing on GoT than the books.

I feel the WhiteWalkers (Others) are handled better on the show than the books. Hardhome episode specifically.

I definitely know I'm in the minority but I didn't care for Lady Stoneheart in the books and was pleased D&D didn't include her in the series.

Also, I feel GRRM is chasing his tail as far as trying to tie all these plot lines together and that's why Winds was delayed. There's an article I read where someone goes more in depth but maybe, and let me emphasis that, maybe George hit a wall.

Let me preference this by saying I'm not looking to argue nor debate. If you disagree, cool. If you agree, I'll be shocked but that's cool too.

I definitely know I'm in the minority but I didn't care for Lady Stoneheart in the books and was pleased D&D didn't include her in the series.

Really?

I think she was my favorite part of the books

I could not believe she came back :lol:

FanFiction from some random person on Tumblr is one thing but GRRM giving D&D full reigns to adapt his story isn't considered FanFic, imo

Cassandra Clare started as a lauded Harry Potter and LOTR fan fic writer doe.

Is it only respectable when the original author gives you a cosign? Cuz that brings us back to the George Lucas example...

Last edited:
pitman13 pitman13
Lol im a book loyalist. Ofcourse i dont agree with you on that.
But i respect that answer at the end of the day we both like this story.

I disagree with hes hit writers block. I think just alot has happened. The 2 people that helped him co write the history are his wings. So anything he forgets im sure they're on it.

Cassandra Clare started as a lauded Harry Potter and LOTR fan fic writer doe.

Is it only respectable when the original author gives you a cosign? Cuz that brings us back to the George Lucas example...

FWIW, Episodes 5, 6 & 7, were written by the same person, Lawrence Kasdan.

But hey, if you can't appreciate how great episode 7 is because it wasn't written by George Lucas, more power to you.

pitman13 pitman13
Lol im a book loyalist. Ofcourse i dont agree with you on that.
But i respect that answer at the end of the day we both like this story.

I disagree with hes hit writers block. I think just alot has happened. The 2 people that helped him co write the history are his wings. So anything he forgets im sure they're on it.

Understandable.

Sansa's story is more intriguing on GoT than the books.

I feel the WhiteWalkers (Others) are handled better on the show than the books. Hardhome episode specifically.

Also, I feel GRRM is chasing his tail as far as trying to tie all these plot lines together and that's why Winds was delayed. There's an article I read where someone goes more in depth but maybe, and let me emphasis that, maybe George hit a wall.

Let me preference this by saying I'm not looking to argue nor debate. If you disagree, cool. If you agree, I'll be shocked but that's cool too.

to counter.. Sansa story is going by faster, but i think the depth in the book makes it better Vale is somewhere we didn't get, they are almost the Dorne of mainland. so its interesting to see how powerful they can really be.

I think Hardhomme is the only thing that got people hyped about the white walkers arc. we didnt get it explained but it was there. so the show had a fantastic visual story of that. but i think it still doesn't show the pure numbers the wildlings really have. and what that lost meant for the nights watch and the wildlings. also half the reason they killed jon also.
(the show also had a different reason as to why they were even at hardhomme)

Lady stoneheart I don't hate, i dont love either. but i do like the brother hood without banners and leaving them out after season 3 i believe is a mistake

Someone is coming back this week. Waif better turn around.

i dont even know what to say...
best part of the whole ep.
"I choose violence"

other than that the direction they're going just seems like everyone is going to hop on the Dany bandwagon

maybe that picture of dany cersi and margery all standing near each other was real???

Yea I agree, was the worst episode of the season by far. And nothing went the way I expected which is bad in a way.

Everything in this episode with Arya was terrible writing and directing.

Outside of the happenings at King's Landing and the scenes w/ Sandor & Thoros/Beric, this episode was lousy.

Arya's storyline since she's arrived at Braavos has been nothing short of dreadful and a complete waste of screen time that could've been used on someone else more interesting.

Tyrion scenes were cringeworthy at best & Dany's return made me roll my eyes back into my skull. Terrible.

Having said that, next episode looks promising. We're finally getting the Battle of the Bastards.

What does everyone think Qyburn was reffering to when he told Cersei about the little birds ?

I'm aiming towards he learned who really killed Joffrey.

This season had potential to be as good as season 4

But with this last episode a bunch of the story lines seemed pointless

At least season 6 was better than 5

Yeah D & D might be the worst at adapting book to show. They just said F* that characters development, "Oh he's alive? We'll kill him/her.... Oh killing them won't make sense? They won't notice! That character wouldn't do that? SO?

Claiming D&D as the worst at adapting the book is extreme, imo.

They've done an exceptional job turning GRRM's book into a series. A task that's far from easy.

Claiming D&D as the worst at adapting the book is extreme, imo.

They've done an exceptional job turning GRRM's book into a series. A task that's far from easy.

All the best things were done with GRRM there tho. This season, he's not there and its showing.

^^ Aside from yesterday's episode, S6 has been great w/ zero involvement from GRRM unless you feel this season hasn't been good.

In that case, we simply disagree.

Back
Top Bottom