Spartacus: Gods of the Arena official thread

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

This show is well made, entertaining, and has solid plot lines. But what's most fascinating to me is seeing everyday life at the height of the Roman Republic. Obviously, the show is exaggerated with all the sex, murder, and mayhem, but it's till interesting watching everyday life before the age of widespread monotheistic religion and morality.
Batiatus 
laugh.gif

Sucks we (probably) won't see him in season 2.
I'm pretty sure in acient Rome.. sex was that common and happened that much
Sex was still relegated to the private domain. They weren't as public with it as is displayed in the show.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

This show is well made, entertaining, and has solid plot lines. But what's most fascinating to me is seeing everyday life at the height of the Roman Republic. Obviously, the show is exaggerated with all the sex, murder, and mayhem, but it's till interesting watching everyday life before the age of widespread monotheistic religion and morality.
Batiatus 
laugh.gif

Sucks we (probably) won't see him in season 2.
I'm pretty sure in acient Rome.. sex was that common and happened that much
Sex was still relegated to the private domain. They weren't as public with it as is displayed in the show.

My man with the false translations is literally the worst human being on the planet.
laugh.gif
 No one is that devious. Letting his boy take it up the butt when he didnt have to.
roll.gif

My man with the false translations is literally the worst human being on the planet.
laugh.gif
 No one is that devious. Letting his boy take it up the butt when he didnt have to.
roll.gif

I've slacked with keeping this thread title up to date, my bad for that.

Gods of the Arena has provided a great prequel so far. Only two more episodes left though, which sucks. Curious to see how it all wraps up.

Asher went H.A.M. in last nights episode
eek.gif

I've slacked with keeping this thread title up to date, my bad for that.

Gods of the Arena has provided a great prequel so far. Only two more episodes left though, which sucks. Curious to see how it all wraps up.

Asher went H.A.M. in last nights episode
eek.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Did you watch Blood and Sand? Ashur is a straight snake
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

oh i did, but i assumed there was a progression....this dude was a A-hole from the get. I'm baffled
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

oh i did, but i assumed there was a progression....this dude was a A-hole from the get. I'm baffled
laugh.gif

Hard to show character development in a six hour mini series
ohwell.gif

I think Crixus is gonna kill Gannicus in the arena in the finale
nerd.gif

amirite?

Hard to show character development in a six hour mini series
ohwell.gif

I think Crixus is gonna kill Gannicus in the arena in the finale
nerd.gif

amirite?

this dude Asher is a real life blue falcon
30t6p3b.gif

Wasn't even mad to see Gaia go, yea she was fine, but idk something about most them snakey *#* women in this show i enjoy watching them get F'd in the A or die
laugh.gif

this dude Asher is a real life blue falcon
30t6p3b.gif

Wasn't even mad to see Gaia go, yea she was fine, but idk something about most them snakey *#* women in this show i enjoy watching them get F'd in the A or die
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Gaia got her wig split damn
i liked her for some reason, i'm kinda bummed out she dies. but to be fair everyone in the prequel dies.
ohwell.gif

i liked her for some reason, i'm kinda bummed out she dies. but to be fair everyone in the prequel dies.
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

Not True at all for obvious reasons. I'm starting to think with only 2 episodes left it will end way before Asher breaks his leg and and all the events that lead to Spartacus coming.

ohwell.gif

Not True at all for obvious reasons. I'm starting to think with only 2 episodes left it will end way before Asher breaks his leg and and all the events that lead to Spartacus coming.

Anyone heard that Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield from Prison Break) was interested in taking over the Spartacus mantel? I think he would do a good job.

As for God's of the Arena: Gaia! Idk why but for some reason I was tripping myself out because I thought she was in Blood and Sand and I literally had to look up the cast on like 3 different sites to prove to myself that she in fact wasn't hahaha. I wanna see Gannicus fight dammit!!! lol smh @ ashur, he did dude dirty.

As for sex in the Roman Republic, it was a very common thing. I don't think it was quite to the extent that was depicted in teh last episode but it was a big part of Roman society. Homosexuality, gay and lesbian relationships were commonplace and occurred regularly. That is one thing I really do appreciate about this show; its historical accuracy. Yes, it definitely is exaggerated (for sake of the storyline) but I think they do a good job of getting the just of it.

Anyone heard that Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield from Prison Break) was interested in taking over the Spartacus mantel? I think he would do a good job.

As for God's of the Arena: Gaia! Idk why but for some reason I was tripping myself out because I thought she was in Blood and Sand and I literally had to look up the cast on like 3 different sites to prove to myself that she in fact wasn't hahaha. I wanna see Gannicus fight dammit!!! lol smh @ ashur, he did dude dirty.

As for sex in the Roman Republic, it was a very common thing. I don't think it was quite to the extent that was depicted in teh last episode but it was a big part of Roman society. Homosexuality, gay and lesbian relationships were commonplace and occurred regularly. That is one thing I really do appreciate about this show; its historical accuracy. Yes, it definitely is exaggerated (for sake of the storyline) but I think they do a good job of getting the just of it.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

ohwell.gif

what i meant to say was clearly, everyone that isn't in the first season dies.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom