South park or family guy

don't bring the Simpsons and Futurama into this, they are head and shoulders above everything mentioned here

Originally Posted by infamousod

don't bring the Simpsons and Futurama into this, they are head and shoulders above everything mentioned here
Simpsons haven't been the same since the 90s. Such a shame too.

But if y'all watched the episode of South Park where they made fun of Family Guy you now realize how much better SP is
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

South Park is watered down social commentary. If I want satire, I'll just read the Onion. Family Guy has its moments, but its nothing special either.

Southpark. I find humor in EVERY episode of Southpark while I'm just like ehh on some FG episodes.

WHO IS MYSTERION IN SOUTHPARK?!

Originally Posted by vaphenom06

people who watch Family Guy are the same ones who enjoy sitcoms with laugh tracks. they like to be spoon fed their comedy.

while South Park isn't much higher up on the maturity level, it's a much more sophisticated show with deeper social commentary. FG is cheap laughs.

QFT
this

fam guy never has a plot. just dumb pop culture references and stewie gay jokes

fam guy has had one of the worst drop offs in quality ever in a tb show

southpark, by a long shot.

i couldnt stand family guy even from the beginning with all those flashbacks.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by vaphenom06

people who watch Family Guy are the same ones who enjoy sitcoms with laugh tracks. they like to be spoon fed their comedy.

while South Park isn't much higher up on the maturity level, it's a much more sophisticated show with deeper social commentary. FG is cheap laughs.

QFT
this

fam guy never has a plot. just dumb pop culture references and stewie gay jokes

fam guy has had one of the worst drop offs in quality ever in a tb show

unless tb means something other than television...
roll.gif
roll.gif

otherwise... i'm an idiot. hahahaha.

family guy because south park tries so hard to be funnny & over 1/2 the time it isnt...fam guy for the win

Originally Posted by imperialh8

I would put my money on Family Guy...

Don't get me wrong I like South Park... but I'm getting tired of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's views of pop culture/ attitude of the world....I get it, you guys weren't popular in school so you're going to burn the world by mocking it....I get already....sheeeesh!!!

I understand that they have a message to point out in every episode, but there is one basic topic, which is always about their view on current events. It's pretty redundant now.

It's like guessing if 3's Company is going to jump to conclusions or miss communicate.

When I start an episode of South Park I know what I'm in for...it's simple:

- the kids will be into something
- the town goes crazy about it
- something gross will happen
- an adventure ensues that leads to the morality of the show
- (MOST IMPORTANT) the lesson learned is about how we shouldn't follow and believe what is mainstream, be an individual

You couldn't script this any easier folks... Filipino soap operas are a little more complicated than this ladies and gentlemen...and I'm being generous when I say that.

I go with Family guy...but not by a land slide because I feel like they are soon following that trap/type cast of a show...But they keep it interesting with the tangents and the slapstick comedy.

everything i wanted to say & some.

Damn. Truth

But if y'all watched the episode of South Park where they made fun of Family Guy you now realize how much better SP is

picked Family guy apart for what it is, random and mostly unfunny.

WHO IS MYSTERION IN SOUTHPARK?!
I say it was clyde cause after Mysterion's first appearance (from the night before) he is dead sleep in class.I.e dead tired from fightin crime.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

You generalise (sp?) too much. I don't like "laugh track comedies" and enjoy the more subtle form of comedy (i.e. The Office UK, Extra'setc.) but I enjoy FG over SP, cause is just so out there...

I know there is a "fill in" formula used, cause they probably can't fill in an entire episode with plot (why the hell not, I'll never know),but I always want to know what they thought up this time.

SP is kinda weird and out there too...I just can't focus on it for more that 10 minutes without wanting to change the channel...maybe it's because Iget the feeling that SP finds itself much more superior to FG and for example the Simpsons.

anyways..

Simpsons>Familiy Guy>South Park...IMO

Back
Top Bottom