South park or family guy

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by imperialh8

When I start an episode of South Park I know what I'm in for...it's simple:

- the kids will be into something
- the town goes crazy about it
- something gross will happen
- an adventure ensues that leads to the morality of the show
- (MOST IMPORTANT) the lesson learned is about how we shouldn't follow and believe what is mainstream, be an individual
What's wrong with that?

An adventure? Can you imagine how they came up with Cartman freezing himself and then going into the future where Beavers/gophers are ruling the world and he's just trying to get a Wii? Genius
For me, and keep in mind I mean In my opinion...Family guy is greater than or equal to South Park.

I watch reruns of the syndicated episodes on a local channel, that's about it.

I usually jump ship when a show follows a constant formula for years... I'm just discontent with the redundancy that's all.
smile.gif

Randy Marsh is probably my favorite out of the two series. Dude always gets me laughing especially in the newer seasons.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Randy Marsh is probably my favorite out of the two series. Dude always gets me laughing especially in the newer seasons.

word... since the episode where he was gettin drunk at all the little league games he's been a star
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imperialh8

I would put my money on Family Guy...

Don't get me wrong I like South Park... but I'm getting tired of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's views of pop culture/ attitude of the world....I get it, you guys weren't popular in school so you're going to burn the world by mocking it....I get already....sheeeesh!!!

I understand that they have a message to point out in every episode, but there is one basic topic, which is always about their view on current events. It's pretty redundant now.

It's like guessing if 3's Company is going to jump to conclusions or miss communicate.

When I start an episode of South Park I know what I'm in for...it's simple:

- the kids will be into something
- the town goes crazy about it
- something gross will happen
- an adventure ensues that leads to the morality of the show
- (MOST IMPORTANT) the lesson learned is about how we shouldn't follow and believe what is mainstream, be an individual

You couldn't script this any easier folks... Filipino soap operas are a little more complicated than this ladies and gentlemen...and I'm being generous when I say that.

I go with Family guy...but not by a land slide because I feel like they are soon following that trap/type cast of a show...But they keep it interesting with the tangents and the slapstick comedy.
Same thing can be said about family guy:
- someone says something, flashback to pop culture reference
- plot moves on, flashbacks yet again
- gay joke with stewie and bryan
- flashback yet again/cut to a random scene to fill in time (such as the fights with that chicken, as enjoyable as they were, they're just there to take uptime)
- problem is resolved, one final joke about anything before credits role.

SP by far,

Family guy sucks. The show hasn't been funny since season 4 ended, just a bunch of corny BS. All of stewies world domination jokes turned into gay jokes.Chris and Meg are boring as hell and episodes revolving around them are mediocre at best. Two characters you'd barely even miss if they just plucked themfrom the show completely.

South Park anyday. Family Guy can get predictable and fast. I almost always know what's coming even with the jokes and the redundant flashbacks.

South Park.

Family Guy is horrible now. I noticed the fall off about 2 years ago.

I didn't want to accept it, but it reached a point where it was just unbearable.

I still love the earlier episodes, though.

South Park fell off, too, but it still has its moments.

For me I'll have to say Family Guy because I like dumb jokes. But South Park you can actually go talk about the episode with your friend on a diff levelcompared to FG. Family Guy is just brainless humor and South Park is sarcastic humor.

South Park literally deaded FG for me with two episodes. I haven't been able to watch it the same after that. But its more corny than anything really. SPby a mile...

Originally Posted by 10eazye

For me I'll have to say Family Guy because I like dumb jokes. But South Park you can actually go talk about the episode with your friend on a diff level compared to FG. Family Guy is just brainless humor and South Park is sarcastic humor.

co-sign

people who watch Family Guy are the same ones who enjoy sitcoms with laugh tracks. they like to be spoon fed their comedy.

while South Park isn't much higher up on the maturity level, it's a much more sophisticated show with deeper social commentary. FG is cheap laughs.

Originally Posted by infamousod

people who watch Family Guy are the same ones who enjoy sitcoms with laugh tracks. they like to be spoon fed their comedy.

while South Park isn't much higher up on the maturity level, it's a much more sophisticated show with deeper social commentary. FG is cheap laughs.

QFT

family guy.

south park is some serious white trash garbage no matter what message they are pushing.

Originally Posted by boxer

family guy.

south park is some serious white trash garbage no matter what message they are pushing.

I'm Hispanic and a lot of my friends love it

Originally Posted by boxer

family guy.

Oh, you're right. you are SUCH an intellect for watching family guy>south park like the rest of high society. Please dude...Family guy peaked at seasonsix and now since seth macfarlane is working on american dad, family guy, and cleveland show...dude just cant do it anymore. Just like matt groening andfuturama/simpsons. South Park FTW!!

Back
Top Bottom