Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by baik

imo I don't think it's possible to compare this situation with any of the past because there are key points in this situation that separate this from other ones in the past...Lebron changed the game right now and I must applaud him for his courage to step up...you gotta have some balls to make one of the biggest (if not the biggest) b**** move in nba free agency history. I mean similar things have happened but not of this magnitude in this day and age where basketball is globally expand at a rapid rate...the outcome of all this will be different, and the type of responses down the line will be different and people will not forget this even if he does win multiple rings. And I think it is safe to say that the majority of the world is considered a "hater" rather than a "fanboy."
Wait what ?

What courage are you talking about here ? Lebron James and courage does not belong in the same sentence anymore. At the end of the day Lebron James took the easiest and safest route. Which is going to Miami and team up with the other 2 superstars. The riskier move for him would be to go to NY and be the 1 man or stay back in Cleveland and try again. He clearly took the easiest option which was a @$#%@ move. It ensure or at least provide the possibility that he would have a 75% chance of winning at least a ring or two in the next 4 or 5 years down in South beach.

Originally Posted by baik

imo I don't think it's possible to compare this situation with any of the past because there are key points in this situation that separate this from other ones in the past...Lebron changed the game right now and I must applaud him for his courage to step up...you gotta have some balls to make one of the biggest (if not the biggest) b**** move in nba free agency history. I mean similar things have happened but not of this magnitude in this day and age where basketball is globally expand at a rapid rate...the outcome of all this will be different, and the type of responses down the line will be different and people will not forget this even if he does win multiple rings. And I think it is safe to say that the majority of the world is considered a "hater" rather than a "fanboy."
Wait what ?

What courage are you talking about here ? Lebron James and courage does not belong in the same sentence anymore. At the end of the day Lebron James took the easiest and safest route. Which is going to Miami and team up with the other 2 superstars. The riskier move for him would be to go to NY and be the 1 man or stay back in Cleveland and try again. He clearly took the easiest option which was a @$#%@ move. It ensure or at least provide the possibility that he would have a 75% chance of winning at least a ring or two in the next 4 or 5 years down in South beach.

He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09.
You dudes are funny.  First the argument was that neither Jordan, Magic or Bird ever won anythhing by themselves but now all of a sudden you dudes are quick to say that LeBron led the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons by HIMSELF...................LOL.  Nice try champ.

Dan Gilbert's response was so unprofessional.
Since Dan Gilbert was speaking from the fans perspective in that letter I think everything he said was just fine, especially given the fans reactions about Lebron leaving.

People in the LeBron camp are fearing for their physical safety
Well that's on them.  Sometimes you gotta watch the company you hang around because things can happen to you be that right or wrong depending on who you are associated with.

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winning title(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

He's still 'robin'? He still 'ruined his legacy'?
Yep, he will forever be LeRobin in most people's eyes.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq
........and I'm one of them
happy.gif

He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09.
You dudes are funny.  First the argument was that neither Jordan, Magic or Bird ever won anythhing by themselves but now all of a sudden you dudes are quick to say that LeBron led the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons by HIMSELF...................LOL.  Nice try champ.

Dan Gilbert's response was so unprofessional.
Since Dan Gilbert was speaking from the fans perspective in that letter I think everything he said was just fine, especially given the fans reactions about Lebron leaving.

People in the LeBron camp are fearing for their physical safety
Well that's on them.  Sometimes you gotta watch the company you hang around because things can happen to you be that right or wrong depending on who you are associated with.

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winning title(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

Yep, he will forever be LeRobin in most people's eyes.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq
........and I'm one of them
happy.gif

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by DubA169

people will say that he couldn't win without going to play with the 3rd best player in the league (in his house that he already won a chip) and arguably the 2nd best power foward

his legacy of being the greatest ever is done. THE END. over. finished. He now has to form some other kind of legacy because the chosen one/ greatest of his generation/ KING stuff is over. He will have his own type of legacy as a great player, but one of the bests? Top 3? No. it's over.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq. why the hell wouldn't people discredit lebron for chasing rings at 25 and talking about "not having the pressure to score 30 points a night anymore"

The difference was Kobe was clearly the #2 option. Hence he has 0 finals MVPs during the first 3 peat.

If lebron wins the finals mvp, then that means he was the best player in the series.

Would he still have ruined his legacy if the 3 amigos decided to play in New York? Would he still be wade's 'robin' then?

So just because he went to a team that one of the three stars has a long history with, that means he's automatically the 'sidekick', even if he's the better player?

Even if it's "wade's team/city/house..etc", if lebron is clearly the best player on the floor when they play together, what then?

Or let's look into the future in a very likely scenario. Say they win a title this year or next, and people put an * next to the title in much of the same way Kobe's first three were discredited. Fine.

But say 3 years down the line, when Wade is 31, and starting to slow down, and Lebron, being 28 is still at the peak of his powers, and it is CLEAR that Lebron is the best player on the team. That wade and bosh are #2 and #3, respectively. When they win titles, Lebron will get all the accolades. What're you going to say then?

How would that be any different than Kobe winning 3 as the #2 option and 2 as the #1 option? (which in lebron's case it may be X amount of titles as option 1a, and X amount of titles as the clear #1) If he ends up with 6-7 titles and 2 of them were when he wasn't clearly the best player, does that still taint his legacy? How is that much different than Kobe's legacy?

#1. Lets not make it look like Kobe was riding Shaq's coat tail, he was just as if not more important than Shaq in those 3 chips. Look at the numbers... Kobe's numbers were MVP quality... but when Shaq is going against... Rick Smits, Mutumbo, Todd Maccullough,..... he is gonna dominate... but Lakers dont win those 3 chips without Kobe.... which also was Shaq's first as well.....

#2. Lebron, didnt have the fortune to be on a team with another alpha male, like Kobe did, so him "leaving" to do it... kinda will tarnish him forever.(Not fair because i blame the organization for bringing in such trash players for the last 7 years), Kobe also didnt leave to get to those "Shaq-less" rings.

For the record... i am a Kobe stan and an Ex Lebron hater. I LOVE that Bron did what he did, he is being selfish, and its going to be exciting to see them 3 play together.... dont get it twisted, when they play the Lakers.... they alll are sackless %#*%% !%% %*%$.  but other than that ill root for them to kick !%%.... Bron, Wade, Bosh= NWO  (and NO, im not a Miami heat fan)

Originally Posted by DubA169

people will say that he couldn't win without going to play with the 3rd best player in the league (in his house that he already won a chip) and arguably the 2nd best power foward

his legacy of being the greatest ever is done. THE END. over. finished. He now has to form some other kind of legacy because the chosen one/ greatest of his generation/ KING stuff is over. He will have his own type of legacy as a great player, but one of the bests? Top 3? No. it's over.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq. why the hell wouldn't people discredit lebron for chasing rings at 25 and talking about "not having the pressure to score 30 points a night anymore"

The difference was Kobe was clearly the #2 option. Hence he has 0 finals MVPs during the first 3 peat.

If lebron wins the finals mvp, then that means he was the best player in the series.

Would he still have ruined his legacy if the 3 amigos decided to play in New York? Would he still be wade's 'robin' then?

So just because he went to a team that one of the three stars has a long history with, that means he's automatically the 'sidekick', even if he's the better player?

Even if it's "wade's team/city/house..etc", if lebron is clearly the best player on the floor when they play together, what then?

Or let's look into the future in a very likely scenario. Say they win a title this year or next, and people put an * next to the title in much of the same way Kobe's first three were discredited. Fine.

But say 3 years down the line, when Wade is 31, and starting to slow down, and Lebron, being 28 is still at the peak of his powers, and it is CLEAR that Lebron is the best player on the team. That wade and bosh are #2 and #3, respectively. When they win titles, Lebron will get all the accolades. What're you going to say then?

How would that be any different than Kobe winning 3 as the #2 option and 2 as the #1 option? (which in lebron's case it may be X amount of titles as option 1a, and X amount of titles as the clear #1) If he ends up with 6-7 titles and 2 of them were when he wasn't clearly the best player, does that still taint his legacy? How is that much different than Kobe's legacy?

#1. Lets not make it look like Kobe was riding Shaq's coat tail, he was just as if not more important than Shaq in those 3 chips. Look at the numbers... Kobe's numbers were MVP quality... but when Shaq is going against... Rick Smits, Mutumbo, Todd Maccullough,..... he is gonna dominate... but Lakers dont win those 3 chips without Kobe.... which also was Shaq's first as well.....

#2. Lebron, didnt have the fortune to be on a team with another alpha male, like Kobe did, so him "leaving" to do it... kinda will tarnish him forever.(Not fair because i blame the organization for bringing in such trash players for the last 7 years), Kobe also didnt leave to get to those "Shaq-less" rings.

For the record... i am a Kobe stan and an Ex Lebron hater. I LOVE that Bron did what he did, he is being selfish, and its going to be exciting to see them 3 play together.... dont get it twisted, when they play the Lakers.... they alll are sackless %#*%% !%% %*%$.  but other than that ill root for them to kick !%%.... Bron, Wade, Bosh= NWO  (and NO, im not a Miami heat fan)

Lebron is still the face of the league. Too many people have his name in their mouth for it not to be.

It may be a marred, shady face but he's still very much it.

I wanna see him throw salt in the air in cleveland like that one guy said.
laugh.gif

All that ridiculous begging and pleading they did while he was in free agency prolly made him sick. NY didn't help their case with the premature branding and murals either.
laugh.gif

Lebron is still the face of the league. Too many people have his name in their mouth for it not to be.

I wanna see him throw salt in the air in cleveland like that one guy said.
laugh.gif

All that ridiculous begging and pleading they did while he was in free agency prolly made him sick. NY didn't help their case with the premature branding and murals either.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

how is he the face of the league? If it isn't Durant is should be Kobe

how is he the face of the league? If it isn't Durant is should be Kobe

everyone had kobe's name in their mouth after the rape but he wasn't the face of the league for a while

I think if anything all 3 of them will be shown together in commercials and promotions. just like the celtics big 3

i would love Durant to be the face but i doubt it happens. Just like Duncan was never the face

everyone had kobe's name in their mouth after the rape but he wasn't the face of the league for a while

I think if anything all 3 of them will be shown together in commercials and promotions. just like the celtics big 3

i would love Durant to be the face but i doubt it happens. Just like Duncan was never the face

How does this compare with Kobe's rape trial?

And that scenario is much more likely than Durant but in the end it's still Lebron's league.

And that scenario is much more likely than Durant but in the end it's still Lebron's league.

I know, right? 

Lebron committed no crime.  He's the most talked about athlete in the NBA for better/worse....it's EASILY a toss-up right now between him and Kobe.

And another thing....how is Crab-#%@ C-Webb gonna talk about Lebron's decision when he was ring chasing himself when he signed w. the Pistons towards the end of his career?  I don't get these double-standards....

KG from earlier in the year:

"Honestly, he's gonna have to make a decision on not just him, but his family and his future," Garnett said when asked in his postgame press conference what LeBron would have to deal with.

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I can go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd of done it a little sooner.

I know, right? 

Lebron committed no crime.  He's the most talked about athlete in the NBA for better/worse....it's EASILY a toss-up right now between him and Kobe.

And another thing....how is Crab-#%@ C-Webb gonna talk about Lebron's decision when he was ring chasing himself when he signed w. the Pistons towards the end of his career?  I don't get these double-standards....

KG from earlier in the year:

"Honestly, he's gonna have to make a decision on not just him, but his family and his future," Garnett said when asked in his postgame press conference what LeBron would have to deal with.

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I can go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd of done it a little sooner.

Back
Top Bottom