Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Be23ForLife wrote:
Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
Lebron as "lead alpha dog swag superman" as you put it, COULD have worked, just not in Cleveland. The talent around him in CLE was never there. He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09. You remember what Cleveland's power moves were last summer, the year where they knew they'd have to do something big or else they'd lose Lebron the next off-season?

-38-year old Shaq
-Anthony Parker
-Leon Powe

Sure, they acquired Jamison at the deadline, but how did that move work out?

The Cavs front office needs to be given the blame they deserve. Just think of it this way, the BEST player they ever put around Lebron went 0-12 from the field his first ever game in a Cavs uni. Then in perfect fashion, dude disappeared and went ghost in the post-season, where they needed him the most as a second option to Lebron.

If Lebron had gone to Chicago, he would have been able to step in a situation where he would be playing with TWO players better than anybody he had EVER played with in 7 years with Cleveland (Rose and Boozer). Same situation in New York with Amare. You come back with the point that "it was Cleveland and the front office did the best job they could to get people to play in such a crappy town", but that's such a #@**+** cop-out. COUNTLESS players would have loved to come play with the best player in the league, and win a championship or two, despite what city they'd be doing it in.

Lebron as the alpha dog would have worked in both Chicago and New York. However, he decided to take a different path. Will that path lead to more rings than the other paths? Probably. Will it help his legacy? $%+# no.

Be23ForLife wrote:
Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
Lebron as "lead alpha dog swag superman" as you put it, COULD have worked, just not in Cleveland. The talent around him in CLE was never there. He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09. You remember what Cleveland's power moves were last summer, the year where they knew they'd have to do something big or else they'd lose Lebron the next off-season?

-38-year old Shaq
-Anthony Parker
-Leon Powe

Sure, they acquired Jamison at the deadline, but how did that move work out?

The Cavs front office needs to be given the blame they deserve. Just think of it this way, the BEST player they ever put around Lebron went 0-12 from the field his first ever game in a Cavs uni. Then in perfect fashion, dude disappeared and went ghost in the post-season, where they needed him the most as a second option to Lebron.

If Lebron had gone to Chicago, he would have been able to step in a situation where he would be playing with TWO players better than anybody he had EVER played with in 7 years with Cleveland (Rose and Boozer). Same situation in New York with Amare. You come back with the point that "it was Cleveland and the front office did the best job they could to get people to play in such a crappy town", but that's such a #@**+** cop-out. COUNTLESS players would have loved to come play with the best player in the league, and win a championship or two, despite what city they'd be doing it in.

Lebron as the alpha dog would have worked in both Chicago and New York. However, he decided to take a different path. Will that path lead to more rings than the other paths? Probably. Will it help his legacy? $%+# no.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Actually, look at the past few pages, not many Knicks fans are arguing at all. Knicks are disappointed that we didn't get him, but also at the superteam in Miami, because we'll eventually have to play against them in the East.
I am still confused why Lakers fans care so much. People can look at some of the new LeBron related threads and they are started by Lakers fans. There is no guarantee that the Heat will meet the Lakers in the next Finals. Where the Cavs fans @?

Originally Posted by DT43

cmoneymontana wrote:
95% of the country
outside of Miami is against this.
I'm part of that other 5%.

Somehow, being a LeBron fan became synonymous with hating Kobe and the Lakers...instead of appreciating 2 great players.

For years, LeBron fans raised hell about how LeBron took a bad team to Finals and steady played the "if" game. "If Kobe was on that team, they wouldn't have made the playoffs." or "If LeBron had Kobe's current team, they'd go 82-0."

Gassed yourselves up after every acquisition...like Shaq and Jamison and even Mo. Two straight seasons of being the best team in basketball during the regular season. Talked all kinds of nonsense after regular season "championships" against the Lakers. "See you in the Finals, Laker fans. Kobe sucks. Lulz!"

LeBron and the Cavs fail in the playoffs...and suddenly, his supporting cast sucks. "He can't do it all himself." "Kobe has 3 rings because of Shaq." "Kobe has 2 more rings because of Pau." A lot of discrediting going on.

And then...LeBron joins forces with undoubtedly a top 5 player in the league in Wade and arguably the #2 PF in the league...and all of the discrediting goes out the window IF he wins. That's pretty...interesting.
laugh.gif

the way i see it is this.   Lebron fanboys will always nitpick and find a way to critique any little thing Kobe does   and Kobe fanboys will do the samething to disperage anything good Lebron does,   all the while Kobe and Lebron get along real well and are friends
laugh.gif

i've said my opinion on Lebron leaving and ill stand by that regardless if people agree or disagree with it. but his game is appreciated.

if he wins titles in the long run the hate will go away but the keyword is IF.  yeah he's going to wades team but if the chemistry is there Lebron is going to be just as big a part of that team as Wade is.

in regards to the most hated part.  Cavs fans have a legit grudge with him and fans of the other teams that were led on into thinking they actually had a chance to get him have a legit grudge but at the end of the day it's time to move on to plan B and find a new way to win.

Cleveland was pissed on Thursday and rightfully so, but it's time for them to move on like Lebron did. that city has had some terrible sports moments over the years but there's more to life then sports and even as a sports fan you gotta leave that stuff in the past and think positive that your teams will eventually win.

Actually, look at the past few pages, not many Knicks fans are arguing at all. Knicks are disappointed that we didn't get him, but also at the superteam in Miami, because we'll eventually have to play against them in the East.
I am still confused why Lakers fans care so much. People can look at some of the new LeBron related threads and they are started by Lakers fans. There is no guarantee that the Heat will meet the Lakers in the next Finals. Where the Cavs fans @?

cmoneymontana wrote:
95% of the country

Somehow, being a LeBron fan became synonymous with hating Kobe and the Lakers...instead of appreciating 2 great players.

For years, LeBron fans raised hell about how LeBron took a bad team to Finals and steady played the "if" game. "If Kobe was on that team, they wouldn't have made the playoffs." or "If LeBron had Kobe's current team, they'd go 82-0."

Gassed yourselves up after every acquisition...like Shaq and Jamison and even Mo. Two straight seasons of being the best team in basketball during the regular season. Talked all kinds of nonsense after regular season "championships" against the Lakers. "See you in the Finals, Laker fans. Kobe sucks. Lulz!"

LeBron and the Cavs fail in the playoffs...and suddenly, his supporting cast sucks. "He can't do it all himself." "Kobe has 3 rings because of Shaq." "Kobe has 2 more rings because of Pau." A lot of discrediting going on.

And then...LeBron joins forces with undoubtedly a top 5 player in the league in Wade and arguably the #2 PF in the league...and all of the discrediting goes out the window IF he wins. That's pretty...interesting.
laugh.gif

the way i see it is this.   Lebron fanboys will always nitpick and find a way to critique any little thing Kobe does   and Kobe fanboys will do the samething to disperage anything good Lebron does,   all the while Kobe and Lebron get along real well and are friends
laugh.gif

i've said my opinion on Lebron leaving and ill stand by that regardless if people agree or disagree with it. but his game is appreciated.

if he wins titles in the long run the hate will go away but the keyword is IF.  yeah he's going to wades team but if the chemistry is there Lebron is going to be just as big a part of that team as Wade is.

in regards to the most hated part.  Cavs fans have a legit grudge with him and fans of the other teams that were led on into thinking they actually had a chance to get him have a legit grudge but at the end of the day it's time to move on to plan B and find a new way to win.

Cleveland was pissed on Thursday and rightfully so, but it's time for them to move on like Lebron did. that city has had some terrible sports moments over the years but there's more to life then sports and even as a sports fan you gotta leave that stuff in the past and think positive that your teams will eventually win.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

but this dude right below me sums up why there is much disappointment in his move, so much more was expected of him... and alot of that was cause of his own doing
There's a difference between disappointment and hate.  Most of what we're seeing is plain HATE.

explain the difference please.

but this dude right below me sums up why there is much disappointment in his move, so much more was expected of him... and alot of that was cause of his own doing
There's a difference between disappointment and hate.  Most of what we're seeing is plain HATE.

Dan Gilbert's response was so unprofessional. Talk about family? Since when does family disown you when you decide to move out on your own? I know its not that simple but still

Dan Gilbert's response was so unprofessional. Talk about family? Since when does family disown you when you decide to move out on your own? I know its not that simple but still

Originally Posted by miamib30514

so funny how now every laker fan now "wanted lebron to succeed as the alpha-dog of a team"

didnt sound like that throughout the years in these season threads.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

so funny how now every laker fan now "wanted lebron to succeed as the alpha-dog of a team"

didnt sound like that throughout the years in these season threads.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

It's subjective, but members of LeBron's entourage have been  receiving death threats, police had been dispatched to his Akron home Thursday and Friday night to protect it from angry mobs, there are rumors people are going to try to burn his house down, people were creating a dangerous situation throwing things at all the LeBron signs and posters (which have since been removed), comparing a free agent to Benedict Arnold, calling him all sorts of names for things that you (Gilbert) have done as well when at the same time YOU were trying to sign him which further illustrates the double standard that you don't like or care about him if he's not making you millions and all of a sudden you got !@!# to say and everything is a problem.

People in the LeBron camp are fearing for their physical safety

It's subjective, but members of LeBron's entourage have been  receiving death threats, police had been dispatched to his Akron home Thursday and Friday night to protect it from angry mobs, there are rumors people are going to try to burn his house down, people were creating a dangerous situation throwing things at all the LeBron signs and posters (which have since been removed), comparing a free agent to Benedict Arnold, calling him all sorts of names for things that you (Gilbert) have done as well when at the same time YOU were trying to sign him which further illustrates the double standard that you don't like or care about him if he's not making you millions and all of a sudden you got !@!# to say and everything is a problem.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

cmoneymontana wrote:
95% of the country

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Two Lakers fans responding to my post... The Lakers just won two in a row and you guys writing all this about LeBron. Just enjoy the summer guys. I wish I was in your position, just like those cocky Cavs fans should be now. Be happy, you guys the champs and LeBron still ring-less. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

cmoneymontana wrote:
95% of the country

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Two Lakers fans responding to my post... The Lakers just won two in a row and you guys writing all this about LeBron. Just enjoy the summer guys. I wish I was in your position, just like those cocky Cavs fans should be now. Be happy, you guys the champs and LeBron still ring-less. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

meh them dudes soft nobody's gonna really hurt them they just getting tested right now and they are all coming up %@+ positive.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

meh them dudes soft nobody's gonna really hurt them they just getting tested right now and they are all coming up %@+ positive.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by True Blues

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

There's a common denominator with all the guys you posted....

Is it the fact that like LeBron they don't have a championship ring? Or is it the fact like unlike LeBron they never jumped ship with two other existing superstars? I'm confused ...

cbrock.jpg

nerd.gif

[Dave Chappelle]C'mon now buddy! You and I both know...[/Dave Chappelle]

Those players never jumped ship in their prime like LeBron. And you mean to tell me Hakeem and Barkley in their 12th year and Drexler in his 13th year are the same?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Only Hakeem was top 3 at his position when all 3 played together. All three were on the downsides of their career ...

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by True Blues

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

There's a common denominator with all the guys you posted....

Is it the fact that like LeBron they don't have a championship ring? Or is it the fact like unlike LeBron they never jumped ship with two other existing superstars? I'm confused ...

cbrock.jpg

nerd.gif

[Dave Chappelle]C'mon now buddy! You and I both know...[/Dave Chappelle]

Those players never jumped ship in their prime like LeBron. And you mean to tell me Hakeem and Barkley in their 12th year and Drexler in his 13th year are the same?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Only Hakeem was top 3 at his position when all 3 played together. All three were on the downsides of their career ...

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winning title(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

He's still 'robin'? He still 'ruined his legacy'?

Back
Top Bottom