Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winning title(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

He's still 'robin'? He still 'ruined his legacy'?

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winning title(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

I'll ask him how D-Wade's *!* tastes.

I'll ask him how D-Wade's *!* tastes.

nah nobody will care anymore about this move by that time.

nah nobody will care anymore about this move by that time.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

[h2]Gilbert To Receive $100k Fine From NBA For Letter[/h2]
Jul 12, 2010 8:02 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The NBA has fined Dan Gilbert $100,000 for his open letter last Thursday in wake of LeBron James signing with the Heat.

Gilbert issued an emotional and controversial letter expressing his frustration with James leaving Cleveland.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0tWAXGpuK
indifferent.gif
It's unbelievable how soft the league has gotten. Owners are entitle to their own opinion don't they ? 100k fine ? BS

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

[h2]Gilbert To Receive $100k Fine From NBA For Letter[/h2]
Jul 12, 2010 8:02 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The NBA has fined Dan Gilbert $100,000 for his open letter last Thursday in wake of LeBron James signing with the Heat.

Gilbert issued an emotional and controversial letter expressing his frustration with James leaving Cleveland.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0tWAXGpuK
indifferent.gif
It's unbelievable how soft the league has gotten. Owners are entitle to their own opinion don't they ? 100k fine ? BS

people will say that he couldn't win without going to play with the 3rd best player in the league (in his house that he already won a chip) and arguably the 2nd best power foward

his legacy of being the greatest ever is done. THE END. over. finished. He now has to form some other kind of legacy because the chosen one/ greatest of his generation/ KING stuff is over. He will have his own type of legacy as a great player, but one of the bests? Top 3? No. it's over.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq. why the hell wouldn't people discredit lebron for chasing rings at 25 and talking about "not having the pressure to score 30 points a night anymore"

people will say that he couldn't win without going to play with the 3rd best player in the league (in his house that he already won a chip) and arguably the 2nd best power foward

his legacy of being the greatest ever is done. THE END. over. finished. He now has to form some other kind of legacy because the chosen one/ greatest of his generation/ KING stuff is over. He will have his own type of legacy as a great player, but one of the bests? Top 3? No. it's over.

i mean cmon now people discredit kobe's first three rings and he just played with shaq. why the hell wouldn't people discredit lebron for chasing rings at 25 and talking about "not having the pressure to score 30 points a night anymore"

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winningtitle(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

Yea his legacy would still be ruined.  Doesn't matter if he wins 5 rings with miami, there will be an asterik next to each one of them.
hope he can live with that

So let me ask you guys this....if (or when) the Heat start winningtitle(s), and LeBron gets the Finals MVP, what will you say then?

Yea his legacy would still be ruined.  Doesn't matter if he wins 5 rings with miami, there will be an asterik next to each one of them.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by qwerty330

First of all,
sick.gif

An asterisk? For what exactly? f outta here with that
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by qwerty330

First of all,
sick.gif

An asterisk? For what exactly? f outta here with that
roll.gif
roll.gif

The difference was Kobe was clearly the #2 option. Hence he has 0 finals MVPs during the first 3 peat.

If lebron wins the finals mvp, then that means he was the best player in the series.

Would he still have ruined his legacy if the 3 amigos decided to play in New York? Would he still be wade's 'robin' then?

So just because he went to a team that one of the three stars has a long history with, that means he's automatically the 'sidekick', even if he's the better player?

Even if it's "wade's team/city/house..etc", if lebron is clearly the best player on the floor when they play together, what then?

Or let's look into the future in a very likely scenario. Say they win a title this year or next, and people put an * next to the title in much of the same way Kobe's first three were discredited. Fine.

But say 3 years down the line, when Wade is 31, and starting to slow down, and Lebron, being 28 is still at the peak of his powers, and it is CLEAR that Lebron is the best player on the team. That wade and bosh are #2 and #3, respectively. When they win titles, Lebron will get all the accolades. What're you going to say then?

How would that be any different than Kobe winning 3 as the #2 option and 2 as the #1 option? (which in lebron's case it may be X amount of titles as option 1a, and X amount of titles as the clear #1) If he ends up with 6-7 titles and 2 of them were when he wasn't clearly the best player, does that still taint his legacy? How is that much different than Kobe's legacy?

The difference was Kobe was clearly the #2 option. Hence he has 0 finals MVPs during the first 3 peat.

If lebron wins the finals mvp, then that means he was the best player in the series.

Would he still have ruined his legacy if the 3 amigos decided to play in New York? Would he still be wade's 'robin' then?

So just because he went to a team that one of the three stars has a long history with, that means he's automatically the 'sidekick', even if he's the better player?

Even if it's "wade's team/city/house..etc", if lebron is clearly the best player on the floor when they play together, what then?

Or let's look into the future in a very likely scenario. Say they win a title this year or next, and people put an * next to the title in much of the same way Kobe's first three were discredited. Fine.

But say 3 years down the line, when Wade is 31, and starting to slow down, and Lebron, being 28 is still at the peak of his powers, and it is CLEAR that Lebron is the best player on the team. That wade and bosh are #2 and #3, respectively. When they win titles, Lebron will get all the accolades. What're you going to say then?

How would that be any different than Kobe winning 3 as the #2 option and 2 as the #1 option? (which in lebron's case it may be X amount of titles as option 1a, and X amount of titles as the clear #1) If he ends up with 6-7 titles and 2 of them were when he wasn't clearly the best player, does that still taint his legacy? How is that much different than Kobe's legacy?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Be23ForLife wrote:
Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
Lebron as "lead alpha dog swag superman" as you put it, COULD have worked, just not in Cleveland. The talent around him in CLE was never there. He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09. You remember what Cleveland's power moves were last summer, the year where they knew they'd have to do something big or else they'd lose Lebron the next off-season?

-38-year old Shaq
-Anthony Parker
-Leon Powe

Sure, they acquired Jamison at the deadline, but how did that move work out?

The Cavs front office needs to be given the blame they deserve. Just think of it this way, the BEST player they ever put around Lebron went 0-12 from the field his first ever game in a Cavs uni. Then in perfect fashion, dude disappeared and went ghost in the post-season, where they needed him the most as a second option to Lebron.

If Lebron had gone to Chicago, he would have been able to step in a situation where he would be playing with TWO players better than anybody he had EVER played with in 7 years with Cleveland (Rose and Boozer). Same situation in New York with Amare. You come back with the point that "it was Cleveland and the front office did the best job they could to get people to play in such a crappy town", but that's such a #@**+** cop-out. COUNTLESS players would have loved to come play with the best player in the league, and win a championship or two, despite what city they'd be doing it in.

Lebron as the alpha dog would have worked in both Chicago and New York. However, he decided to take a different path. Will that path lead to more rings than the other paths? Probably. Will it help his legacy? $%+# no.

only for the record, but bron has played with boozer...

Originally Posted by JPZx

Be23ForLife wrote:
Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
Lebron as "lead alpha dog swag superman" as you put it, COULD have worked, just not in Cleveland. The talent around him in CLE was never there. He produced 66 #@**+** wins by himself and no one else in 2008-09. You remember what Cleveland's power moves were last summer, the year where they knew they'd have to do something big or else they'd lose Lebron the next off-season?

-38-year old Shaq
-Anthony Parker
-Leon Powe

Sure, they acquired Jamison at the deadline, but how did that move work out?

The Cavs front office needs to be given the blame they deserve. Just think of it this way, the BEST player they ever put around Lebron went 0-12 from the field his first ever game in a Cavs uni. Then in perfect fashion, dude disappeared and went ghost in the post-season, where they needed him the most as a second option to Lebron.

If Lebron had gone to Chicago, he would have been able to step in a situation where he would be playing with TWO players better than anybody he had EVER played with in 7 years with Cleveland (Rose and Boozer). Same situation in New York with Amare. You come back with the point that "it was Cleveland and the front office did the best job they could to get people to play in such a crappy town", but that's such a #@**+** cop-out. COUNTLESS players would have loved to come play with the best player in the league, and win a championship or two, despite what city they'd be doing it in.

Lebron as the alpha dog would have worked in both Chicago and New York. However, he decided to take a different path. Will that path lead to more rings than the other paths? Probably. Will it help his legacy? $%+# no.

only for the record, but bron has played with boozer...

imo I don't think it's possible to compare this situation with any of the past because there are key points in this situation that separate this from other ones in the past...Lebron changed the game right now and I must applaud him for his courage to step up...you gotta have some balls to make one of the biggest (if not the biggest) b**** move in nba free agency history. I mean similar things have happened but not of this magnitude in this day and age where basketball is globally expand at a rapid rate...the outcome of all this will be different, and the type of responses down the line will be different and people will not forget this even if he does win multiple rings. And I think it is safe to say that the majority of the world is considered a "hater" rather than a "fanboy."

imo I don't think it's possible to compare this situation with any of the past because there are key points in this situation that separate this from other ones in the past...Lebron changed the game right now and I must applaud him for his courage to step up...you gotta have some balls to make one of the biggest (if not the biggest) b**** move in nba free agency history. I mean similar things have happened but not of this magnitude in this day and age where basketball is globally expand at a rapid rate...the outcome of all this will be different, and the type of responses down the line will be different and people will not forget this even if he does win multiple rings. And I think it is safe to say that the majority of the world is considered a "hater" rather than a "fanboy."

bottom line is dude put himself up to taking all the hate just so that he can have a better chance at winning a ring. this dude wants to win, how can you hate him for that?

bottom line is dude put himself up to taking all the hate just so that he can have a better chance at winning a ring. this dude wants to win, how can you hate him for that?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Be23ForLife wrote:

so u guys r mad because the team he joined is going to be too good...that there has never been a team where 2 of the starting 5 are top 3 in the NBA.
U guys are mad because he is taking the "easy" way out.

People Fear what they don't understand....
Understand that this has never happened before. Understand that this may be the greatest team ever assembled.
They are doing what LA and Boston did, but 5 years in advance. Imagine the Possibilities.

One of the reasons I am a fan of Lebron is because he always pushes the envelope.
His decision, for me, is stating,

"look, i've done all i can as an individual, and my trophy case is still lonely. basketball is a team sport, and I must surround myself with a team capable of getting me to where i need to be. If my personal game has to suffer, for the team, so be it. I'm coming for championships.. I've proven myself as an individual, my resume is spotless, but it is now time to prove myself as a champion."

What more do you want from the man? You wanted him to be the greatest individual to ever grace the court? For this to happen not only do you need the skill, the commitment, and the build. But you also need the right team, the right front office to assemble that team, and the right coach.

Lebron had the skill, commitment, and build, but not the right team, front office, or coach.

This is where Jordan had it made. Jordan had the skill, commitment, build, with the right coach, front office and team.
He did not have to hold back his game, as his team revolved around him, and because it worked, they won championships with him being the lead ALPHA DOG.

Lebron can be a leader, but he can also be a team mate (one of his best attributes). Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
His desire to win, has caused him to leave home, take less money, sacrifice his game, and sacrifice the lead role. But hes doing it for the rings. if you guys can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

You can't have it all, and Lebron knows this. Might as well appreciate the possibilities of greatness the world will see next season instead of looking at his situation in a negative way.

Bravo
pimp.gif

this...if ur a lebron fan why u mad this? Plus ppl act like they not gonna run plays for him or somethin lolz

QFE. This is a great post and exactly how I feel. I can't wait for the season to start
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Be23ForLife wrote:

so u guys r mad because the team he joined is going to be too good...that there has never been a team where 2 of the starting 5 are top 3 in the NBA.
U guys are mad because he is taking the "easy" way out.

People Fear what they don't understand....
Understand that this has never happened before. Understand that this may be the greatest team ever assembled.
They are doing what LA and Boston did, but 5 years in advance. Imagine the Possibilities.

One of the reasons I am a fan of Lebron is because he always pushes the envelope.
His decision, for me, is stating,

"look, i've done all i can as an individual, and my trophy case is still lonely. basketball is a team sport, and I must surround myself with a team capable of getting me to where i need to be. If my personal game has to suffer, for the team, so be it. I'm coming for championships.. I've proven myself as an individual, my resume is spotless, but it is now time to prove myself as a champion."

What more do you want from the man? You wanted him to be the greatest individual to ever grace the court? For this to happen not only do you need the skill, the commitment, and the build. But you also need the right team, the right front office to assemble that team, and the right coach.

Lebron had the skill, commitment, and build, but not the right team, front office, or coach.

This is where Jordan had it made. Jordan had the skill, commitment, build, with the right coach, front office and team.
He did not have to hold back his game, as his team revolved around him, and because it worked, they won championships with him being the lead ALPHA DOG.

Lebron can be a leader, but he can also be a team mate (one of his best attributes). Lebron as lead alpha dog swag superman wasn't working...no championships were produced.
His desire to win, has caused him to leave home, take less money, sacrifice his game, and sacrifice the lead role. But hes doing it for the rings. if you guys can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

You can't have it all, and Lebron knows this. Might as well appreciate the possibilities of greatness the world will see next season instead of looking at his situation in a negative way.

Bravo
pimp.gif

this...if ur a lebron fan why u mad this? Plus ppl act like they not gonna run plays for him or somethin lolz

QFE. This is a great post and exactly how I feel. I can't wait for the season to start
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom