So we can get arrested for drinking Arizona Tea now

JC is right. In the United States, the power is supposed to belong to the people. The police are just there to assist. Unless you are really doing something wrong, what right do they have to stop you from drinking some tea? None whatsoever. Does anybody remember that law school kid who was carrying his gun around the city, and that cop told him to give him the gun? Kid straight up said no, and the cop was powerless. That was a gun, so you as a citizen can definitely defend your can of tea. No matter how worthless it is.

If we did create a group to review police actions, or local government for that matter, these events could be prevented all together. A local checks and balances system. Right now, people are giving cops to much power including powers they don't really have. A uniform isn't anything but a uniform. 

Getting arrested for tea is complete foolishness, and a great example of the abuse of power the police force shows. Bullying the civilian population, and letting the power get to their heads. This reminds me of the Stanford Prison Experiment, people with equal power forcing themselves into rolls when they are given a title. Stupid on both parties, but they didn't know what they were doing.

JC is right. In the United States, the power is supposed to belong to the people. The police are just there to assist. Unless you are really doing something wrong, what right do they have to stop you from drinking some tea? None whatsoever. Does anybody remember that law school kid who was carrying his gun around the city, and that cop told him to give him the gun? Kid straight up said no, and the cop was powerless. That was a gun, so you as a citizen can definitely defend your can of tea. No matter how worthless it is.

If we did create a group to review police actions, or local government for that matter, these events could be prevented all together. A local checks and balances system. Right now, people are giving cops to much power including powers they don't really have. A uniform isn't anything but a uniform. 

Getting arrested for tea is complete foolishness, and a great example of the abuse of power the police force shows. Bullying the civilian population, and letting the power get to their heads. This reminds me of the Stanford Prison Experiment, people with equal power forcing themselves into rolls when they are given a title. Stupid on both parties, but they didn't know what they were doing.

I agree with everything you said, but in reality a system of review and reform is not going to happen. Remember the site " ratemycop " or whatever , and the great controversy surrounding it ?

cops are not just gonna back down. why not just let the cop read the label on the drink to avoid going to jail lol. listen to their reasonable demands, they aren't bad guys. I would have asked to see a badge and just let him read it and let him be on his way. simple.

cops are not just gonna back down. why not just let the cop read the label on the drink to avoid going to jail lol. listen to their reasonable demands, they aren't bad guys. I would have asked to see a badge and just let him read it and let him be on his way. simple.

there should be mutual respect and they shouldn't over step their boundaries.

If they have no right to do something they have no right. Do you bend over every time they ask? How anyone can justify nonsense like this is so ******g beyond my comprehension

Even if he did hand over the drink you think the cop is just gonna be on his merry way? Notice how he never showed a badge, notice how he makes the cuffs tighter

there should be mutual respect and they shouldn't over step their boundaries.

If they have no right to do something they have no right. Do you bend over every time they ask? How anyone can justify nonsense like this is so ******g beyond my comprehension
Exactly.

The police force is meant to help you, not manipulate you. If you are out doing something illegal, they have full rights to take you into custody. As do you, it's called a citizen's arrest. A police officer is no better than your average citizen, except they get payed to do it in a uniform fashion. If you and I cannot arrest your average citizen for drinking tea, then they cannot arrest you for drinking tea. 

"Trespassing"? Really? Is that the go-to blanket term that every dumb cop uses for innocent situations that don't warrant any actual police attention? 

"disorderly conduct"

Yall really don't get it. A cop can close his eyes and just throw out charges and bring you in based off of nothing.

"disorderly conduct"

Yall really don't get it. A cop can close his eyes and just throw out charges and bring you in based off of nothing.

And he won't even get a slap on the wrist, and you will have an arrest on your record that could prevent you from getting a job or a place to live. :smh:

Last edited:
Police are allowed to do as they please, with zero repercussions. This is why every community needs a civilian review board with the power to remove officers from their jobs.The problem is, filming these situations does nothing. That cop isn't going to get in trouble for that. Even if he beats the trespassing charge, they can hit him with resisting arrest.

Did that pig say "I'm not racist, do I look like I'm white?".
mean.gif

And to all you guys in here condoning this nonsense and saying he should have just handed over the can, etc.
mean.gif
You are the reason that so many of our rights have been taken away so far.
mean.gif
well put.  got to agree

I didn't see one badge saying he was a cop or security, I wouldve swung on that dude as soon as he touched me.

Back
Top Bottom