So NT... my MANAGER calls me the N-word at work last night.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by xanadu one

CORPORATE.

This is when your writing skill set is so important.
Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

The only way to fight this type of thing is through documentation, and letters. 

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

My dad is a lawer, and he told me to do the same thing.

CORPORATE.

Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

My dad is a lawer, and he told me to do the same thing.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I don't think you can unknowingly record someone

From what I understand, it's only illegal if BOTH parties don't know they're being recorded. Atleast that's what it is in my state....

From what I understand, it's only illegal if BOTH parties don't know they're being recorded. Atleast that's what it is in my state....

most phones these days have a recording app, just hold it in your by your side, it shouldnt be that obvious.

most phones these days have a recording app, just hold it in your by your side, it shouldnt be that obvious.

CORPORATE.

What this man said.

CORPORATE.

What this man said.

Call THE CORPORATE OFFICE , HR and get a lawyer .

Don't listen to any other feedback in this thread.

Call THE CORPORATE OFFICE , HR and get a lawyer .

Don't listen to any other feedback in this thread.

Costco? Oh man you are gonna get paid if you handle this correctly. A company that big does NOT want this to become a big issue.

Costco? Oh man you are gonna get paid if you handle this correctly. A company that big does NOT want this to become a big issue.

laugh.gif
@everyone tellin' him to sue

_'s will rely on anything for a quick buck
eyes.gif

OP..son..i know you're not lettin' this get to you...hit up corporate and get him fired.

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

OP..son..i know you're not lettin' this get to you...hit up corporate and get him fired.

You actually need to go straight to your Warehouse Manager and tell him what happened or write him a letter. The Warehouse Manager will be pissed that stuff like this is even coming up to him and he'll have to do something. You should definitely contact Corporate (Letter, Phone Call), and write down the names and phone numbers of anyone at Corporate that you speak to. Sup's and Managers at Costco get HELLLLLLLLA scared when they hear you mention that you're gonna sick _____ ______ on them. Also you can call Human Resources and make sure that someone there hear's you out, and documents everything. Lawyer up too. They'll try to weed you out by giving you b.s. assignments and what not too. Don't be late, don't eat samples on the clock, etc.... basically be a model employee. Walk by that fool every single day with a smile on your face and wait till the day that he won't be there anymore. I got numbers if you need em'. 

You actually need to go straight to your Warehouse Manager and tell him what happened or write him a letter. The Warehouse Manager will be pissed that stuff like this is even coming up to him and he'll have to do something. You should definitely contact Corporate (Letter, Phone Call), and write down the names and phone numbers of anyone at Corporate that you speak to. Sup's and Managers at Costco get HELLLLLLLLA scared when they hear you mention that you're gonna sick _____ ______ on them. Also you can call Human Resources and make sure that someone there hear's you out, and documents everything. Lawyer up too. They'll try to weed you out by giving you b.s. assignments and what not too. Don't be late, don't eat samples on the clock, etc.... basically be a model employee. Walk by that fool every single day with a smile on your face and wait till the day that he won't be there anymore. I got numbers if you need em'. 

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

The only way to hurt big corporations and institutional racism is to go after their wallets.

Otherwise, they really couldn't care less.

Sue for a quick buck AND to set an example for the countless other managers who think about doing the same thing...

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

The only way to hurt big corporations and institutional racism is to go after their wallets.

Otherwise, they really couldn't care less.

Sue for a quick buck AND to set an example for the countless other managers who think about doing the same thing...

u got to threaten the Company Name in order to get that $...

Don't say anything to the company, if they ask , just let them know you are not pleased....

construct a plan, with a lawyer somehow, say that you feel emotionally unstable after the incident

they will definitely settle, fire dude, and some other stuff...free chicken bakes for life

Back
Top Bottom