So lets just do the age old Debate about Pyramids...

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

@wawaweewa

You never even addressed the myriad facts brought up in the video I posted. So you proved that large capacity cranes in modern day can lift a lot of weight. I already got past that point earlier in this thread. That's just one piece of the puzzle to the complexity the Great Pyramid. You bring up failed pyramids, yet you ignore the fact that I already said Africans went through a process that started with the Step Pyramid that ended with the Great Pyramid of Giza.

Why is it so hard to believe the Ancient Africans knew something that modern day man can not comprehend? But to each his own. You have your philosophy and I have mine. I'll leave it at that....
Why? Because that's an irrational train of thought. What could they have known regarding the construction of the Pyramids that modern man does not? Pray tell. 
You're severely underestimating how technologically advanced the world is that you're living in. 

The greatest "wonders" that the Egyptians built were ##@!+%+ pyramids. Useless structures. The Romans had it exactly correct regarding their view of the Pyramids. 

Cairo = Mars... Cairo in Arabic is Al Qahira. It was taken from Al Qahir, which is the Arabic word for Mars. Somehow all this stuff is connected. I dont know how, but it's interesting.
See, this is why I tell you guys not to believe 90% of the posts in these threads because they are just pure nonsensical rabble twisted as facts. Al-Qahira means "victorious" in Arabic, it doesnt mean Mars. Yet this dude read this B.S. somewhere, and now is using made up material to try and prove his ridiculous theory.

Needless to say, anyone here that says Aliens built the pyramids should be ignored. The same with those that said Jews built the pyramids even though Judaism wasnt introduced until many years later. Also ignore those who think that all Egyptians were black and thus blacks built the pyramids despite evidence to the contrary.

Cairo = Mars... Cairo in Arabic is Al Qahira. It was taken from Al Qahir, which is the Arabic word for Mars. Somehow all this stuff is connected. I dont know how, but it's interesting.
See, this is why I tell you guys not to believe 90% of the posts in these threads because they are just pure nonsensical rabble twisted as facts. Al-Qahira means "victorious" in Arabic, it doesnt mean Mars. Yet this dude read this B.S. somewhere, and now is using made up material to try and prove his ridiculous theory.

Needless to say, anyone here that says Aliens built the pyramids should be ignored. The same with those that said Jews built the pyramids even though Judaism wasnt introduced until many years later. Also ignore those who think that all Egyptians were black and thus blacks built the pyramids despite evidence to the contrary.

People seem really confident that their answers are correct. I'm not saying anything Indefinantly because I wasn't there and I still don't know how granite and limestone was brought from far away lands and precisely etched to mathematical precision while we cannot replicate that today. I'd like to see 100 men lift a 100000 pd piece of granite/limestone 100 ft in the air and place it perfectly. I'm black and I think it's kinda ignorant to believe that this was done by conventional means. Even if you had 1000 volunteers lifting , we all know that everyone cannot help lift at the same time because their is not enough space for all those hands. I'm not saying aliens made the pyramids but something supernatural was involved in the process...

My 2 cents

People seem really confident that their answers are correct. I'm not saying anything Indefinantly because I wasn't there and I still don't know how granite and limestone was brought from far away lands and precisely etched to mathematical precision while we cannot replicate that today. I'd like to see 100 men lift a 100000 pd piece of granite/limestone 100 ft in the air and place it perfectly. I'm black and I think it's kinda ignorant to believe that this was done by conventional means. Even if you had 1000 volunteers lifting , we all know that everyone cannot help lift at the same time because their is not enough space for all those hands. I'm not saying aliens made the pyramids but something supernatural was involved in the process...

My 2 cents

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The name Al-Qahirah literally means “The Subduer,

The greatest "wonders" that the Egyptians built were ##@!+%+ pyramids. Useless structures. The Romans had it exactly correct regarding their view of the Pyramids.

roll.gif
roll.gif
the Romans had it exactly correct because they were TAUGHT.Useless structure?
alien.gif

I think you're approach to the question is off.  The significance of the pyramids is not about the structure itself necessarily, but the society and culture as a whole.

http://torgriffith.u.yuku.com/
torgriffith
Good information as usual
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
the Romans had it exactly correct because they were TAUGHT.Useless structure?
alien.gif

I think you're approach to the question is off.  The significance of the pyramids is not about the structure itself necessarily, but the society and culture as a whole.

http://torgriffith.u.yuku.com/
torgriffith
Good information as usual
smokin.gif

The Egyptians were a wierd and pretty advanced civilization. With the way they seemed to have worshipped astronomy and had so much knowledge on it kinda makes you wonder if they ever were in contact with aliens. I think they were definitly capable of building the pyramids on there own but it would have had to take 100's of years just to build one. I remember a thread awhile back saying something about excavating a secret chamber under the syphnx i think? what ever happened to that. But another thing thats kinda odd isnt there pyramids in mexico too?

The Egyptians were a wierd and pretty advanced civilization. With the way they seemed to have worshipped astronomy and had so much knowledge on it kinda makes you wonder if they ever were in contact with aliens. I think they were definitly capable of building the pyramids on there own but it would have had to take 100's of years just to build one. I remember a thread awhile back saying something about excavating a secret chamber under the syphnx i think? what ever happened to that. But another thing thats kinda odd isnt there pyramids in mexico too?

Originally Posted by wheaties

There are pyramids all over the world and under the oceans along with the stone heads that are basically a kind of signature saying we are capable of this kind of stone masonry work. 

Originally Posted by wheaties

There are pyramids all over the world and under the oceans along with the stone heads that are basically a kind of signature saying we are capable of this kind of stone masonry work. 

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Sometimes it seems as loosely hewn together facts, but it's no secret that the planet mars has always had a warrior like connotation with it's definition across many different cultures. You will always find mars as the representation or diety of war. 
There are many translations of things we take for granted like for example the mis translation of The "reed" sea because of the stalks that grew there to make paper, which was mist translated into a version of the bible that became the "red" sea and gave people a bloody violent idea of the place. 

You gotta understand when you get the definition of something that's been translated, you have to find the source of the word  and lexicon history to get the true meaning of the word.  People of ancient times were worried when the greeks wanted to translate the bible because they were worried of the true essence of the concepts not being able to fit inside of the vague and ambiguous tongues of the greeks. Many historians will tell you that the european scribes and interractions with religious text forever changed the version of religion that was sent out to the people. 
Very true. This past month I have been doing research on the English language. And I've come to the conclusion that English is quite possibly one of the dumbest and most complex language ever
laugh.gif
. A lot of English words we use today have completely different meaning from the original use.

And it's no mystery how certain cultures have bastardized a lot of ancient teachings simply because  they did not understand the original intent. That's why its imperative to do your own independent research and come up with your own conclusions. I think that its best to start from the earliest known facts and work your way up through history.

I also agree that everyone who reads this thread shouldn't take everything as fact, but at the end of the day I tried to back up my info with some solid facts. I don't have all the answers (nobody does), but what I did know I wanted to share with those who are open minded. It makes for an interesting and thought provoking discussion.

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Sometimes it seems as loosely hewn together facts, but it's no secret that the planet mars has always had a warrior like connotation with it's definition across many different cultures. You will always find mars as the representation or diety of war. 
There are many translations of things we take for granted like for example the mis translation of The "reed" sea because of the stalks that grew there to make paper, which was mist translated into a version of the bible that became the "red" sea and gave people a bloody violent idea of the place. 

You gotta understand when you get the definition of something that's been translated, you have to find the source of the word  and lexicon history to get the true meaning of the word.  People of ancient times were worried when the greeks wanted to translate the bible because they were worried of the true essence of the concepts not being able to fit inside of the vague and ambiguous tongues of the greeks. Many historians will tell you that the european scribes and interractions with religious text forever changed the version of religion that was sent out to the people. 
Very true. This past month I have been doing research on the English language. And I've come to the conclusion that English is quite possibly one of the dumbest and most complex language ever
laugh.gif
. A lot of English words we use today have completely different meaning from the original use.

And it's no mystery how certain cultures have bastardized a lot of ancient teachings simply because  they did not understand the original intent. That's why its imperative to do your own independent research and come up with your own conclusions. I think that its best to start from the earliest known facts and work your way up through history.

I also agree that everyone who reads this thread shouldn't take everything as fact, but at the end of the day I tried to back up my info with some solid facts. I don't have all the answers (nobody does), but what I did know I wanted to share with those who are open minded. It makes for an interesting and thought provoking discussion.

Anyone here watch that History Channel series Ancient Aliens?
I have that show programmed on my DVR.

Has anyone here travelled to Egypt?  I was fortunate enough to travel there with my family in 1997.

The pyramids are MINDBLOWINGLY huge.  Our group was allowed to go inside the main (center) pyramid.

It is absolutely amazing how smooth and how perfectly shaped the interior corridors were.  After a short descent, you hit the main hallway.  I'm about 6-foot, the 'ceiling' of the hallway was only about 6'4" and it seemed like one continuous block (no cracks/seams).  The tour guide and most television shows say that paid-workers took about 20 years to construct the pyramids.

But with millions of blocks, the Ancient Aliens 'experts' calculate that's about 1 block every 12 seconds.  

The individual blocks are the size of automobiles!  So I personally lean towards the alien theory, but the realist side of me likes the idea of secret construction knowledge lost over time... and maybe the size of the workforce is underestimated.

FYI: the parking lot where the tour buses park.... there was a KFC and Pizza Hut about 200 yards from where I was standing.  Crazy.

Anyone here watch that History Channel series Ancient Aliens?
I have that show programmed on my DVR.

Has anyone here travelled to Egypt?  I was fortunate enough to travel there with my family in 1997.

The pyramids are MINDBLOWINGLY huge.  Our group was allowed to go inside the main (center) pyramid.

It is absolutely amazing how smooth and how perfectly shaped the interior corridors were.  After a short descent, you hit the main hallway.  I'm about 6-foot, the 'ceiling' of the hallway was only about 6'4" and it seemed like one continuous block (no cracks/seams).  The tour guide and most television shows say that paid-workers took about 20 years to construct the pyramids.

But with millions of blocks, the Ancient Aliens 'experts' calculate that's about 1 block every 12 seconds.  

The individual blocks are the size of automobiles!  So I personally lean towards the alien theory, but the realist side of me likes the idea of secret construction knowledge lost over time... and maybe the size of the workforce is underestimated.

FYI: the parking lot where the tour buses park.... there was a KFC and Pizza Hut about 200 yards from where I was standing.  Crazy.

On one of those shows, I saw that it would take us right now 14 yrs working 24/7 to complete the Pyramid of Giza.

Just moving the blocks from the river to the sites, on rolling logs across sand is wild. Who knows though. It just seems some immense. So other worldly.

On one of those shows, I saw that it would take us right now 14 yrs working 24/7 to complete the Pyramid of Giza.

Just moving the blocks from the river to the sites, on rolling logs across sand is wild. Who knows though. It just seems some immense. So other worldly.

Back
Top Bottom