SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Base pay is less than min wage and some places don’t even pay servers at all...if we work a lot of hours and claim tons of money for the week then you not even gonna see a paycheck because of the taxes withheld...we rely on tips

I’ll bartend at a private party once in a while which also helps

We have to tip out the bartender 1%, food runners 2% and bussers 2.2% of our sales for that day

If everyone is like nawghtyhare nawghtyhare and doesn’t tip then servers literally have no cash to tip out thus making it pointless to even work at a restaurant

Not my rules, I’m not making this a career anyway, but that’s how the industry works

The great thing about NYC is that for every non tipper you get there will be someone right behind them making up for it

I understand the tip part so at ur job they don’t have a shift pay or hourly wage ? I’m talking about a on the book waiter . Legally you have to be getting some pay right at least 10 a hour

I understand the tip part so at ur job they don’t have a shift pay or hourly wage ? I’m talking about a on the book waiter . Legally you have to be getting some pay right at least 10 a hour

yes but some states allow servers to be paid less than min wage. Some states allow like $3 an hour, then your credit card tips taxes come out of that paycheck so you get nothing.

Take the incoherence back to the Marvel thread Batman.
:lol:

I have to take this post as your concession.

If you dont understand just ask me to explain. Stop using incoherence like its your word of the day.
Or maybe continue your commentary about "illegals"?
Let's be honest YOU dont want to have that discussion.

Or are you gonna answer my question about if you're stupid by saying its a good idea to form a union with undocumented workers?

You're mislabeling and confusing commentary about illegals with commentary about forming unions.

But I see you're not playing stupid so...

yes but some states allow servers to be paid less than min wage. Some states allow like $3 an hour, then your credit card tips taxes come out of that paycheck so you get nothing.

Is there a written law for servers lowest wage ? Like if I work in Friday’s or red lobster

it doesn’t vary by restaurant. Just state, idk the lowest.

servers in MN where I live make min wage though, not less. You still get no check regardless since everyone pays with a credit card for the most part and they take taxes for your tips out of your hourly.

Yea around like 10/hr but other places especially upscale private ones don’t even pay anything hourly or barely

Sometimes servers don’t even see a paycheck because of how much money we claim in so little hours for that week and taxes....

ever thought about being a waiter full time
and saying forget school

I dropped out of school a couple times bro don’t get me started with that :lol: :smh:

Some people do get trapped staying in the industry tho

:lol:

I have to take this post as your concession.

If you dont understand just ask me to explain. Stop using incoherence like its your word of the day.

Let's be honest YOU dont want to have that discussion.

Or are you gonna answer my question about if you're stupid by saying its a good idea to form a union with undocumented workers?

You're mislabeling and confusing commentary about illegals with commentary about forming unions.

But I see you're not playing stupid so...

I concede nothing.
It was already made clear that you forgot that undocumented people make up a significant percentage of the workforce in question. You tried to defend yourself by saying you don’t frequent places where a lot of undocumented people work (btw referring to them as “illegals” is straight from the gospel of T*ump whether you want to acknowledge it or not).

I was telling you why they can’t form a union then you come in acting like you’ve identified the reason they can’t once I reminded you of the demographics.

You can call me stupid all you want, the fact of the matter is you have over-simplified the process and politics behind restaurant workers forming a union. Go ahead and throw out your inane idea that it would work on both coasts if they tried harder. I’m not about to engage you on speculation you’ve formed on the basis of 0 hard facts.

Also- my example of Amazon spending millions to prevent its warehouse workers from forming a union was not a reach at all. Although not a direct apples to apples comparison of industries, my point was to show the lengths at which companies will go to to prevent unions from forming. The restaurant industry on the flip side doesn't even have to go that far. You stupidly thought that replacement cooks and waiters would get beat up upon trying to enter work because that's what you'd see when scabs cross picket lines, but in the restaurant industry, that just doesn't make place outside of a few very isolated examples like the one I pointed out to you in Vegas.

So, are we done or are you going to call me stupid 5 more times in an effort to demonstrate that you think you’ve “won” an argument on the internet?

Last edited:
I concede nothing
You conceded the second you came with that weak *** Marvel thread reply.

Its okay. You were already boring me.

It was already made clear that you forgot that undocumented people make up a significant percentage of the workforce in question.
This is your assumption. I made it clear to you what I was talking about and you're failing to comprehend that.

Any continuing of this narrative is you lying because again you don't want to actually discuss anything cuz you know you have little to nothing to add. You'll just be stuck on you forgot about illegal immigrants with every reply.

Like I said boring.

You tried to defend yourself by saying you don’t frequent places where a lot of undocumented people work
Another lie.

I see you think you can type a bunch of garbage as fact and think nobody is reading these posts.

I said I do not frequent restaurants where undocumented workers make up the majority of the waitstaff since we were talking about tipping and service.

(btw referring to them as “illegals” is straight from the gospel of T*ump whether you want to acknowledge it or not).
This Trump narrative isn't going to stick. Might as well.abandon it now.

Pretending that illegal immigrants do not illegally enter the country is stupid. You need to go look up the word illegal and immigration. The nomenclature existed before Trump.

I was telling you why they can’t form a union
They cant form/join a union so put them aside and talk about those who can.

If not refer to my other reply when discussing what they'll have to accept doing that job.

then you come in acting like you’ve identified the reason
I was just being practical. You were being obtuse and still are to stress a non-starter.

You want to stick on this nonsense of I forgot about immigrants and not actually argue your stance cuz you have none.

You have nothing to add to this discussion.

they can’t once I reminded you of the demographics.
This is all you want to do. Lie.

you have over-simplified the process and politics behind restaurant workers forming a union.
Your entire stance to that is undocumented workers and running away. First you brought up irrelevant points about Amazon spending money to stop their employees from forming a union and spoke zero facts on restaurants and employees.

Go ahead and throw out your inane idea that it would work on both coasts if they tried harder.
You make a list of demands regarding worker rights, you commit to going on strike if you have to, appoint a representative for negotiation, you do not include undocumented employees (that's a complete non-starter), you plan for the long term, etc.

You calling it inane is just another lazy excuse. Its complicated so don't try. You sound like a failure.

I’m not about to engage
You clearly can't engage me on anything.

You just typing a lot of the dame thing and repeating yourself over and over saying nothing of importance.

Also- my example of Amazon spending millions to prevent its warehouse workers from forming a union was not a reach at all. Although not a direct apples to apples comparison of industries, my point was to show the lengths at which companies will go to to prevent unions from forming.
It was irrelevant. Still is irrelevant.

Which restaurants are spending millions to keep employees from starting a union?

Which restaurants are owned by multi-million companies and are paying employees less than min wage?

The comparison is just a poor one.

Restaurants are not Amazon. The industry isn't like Amazon.

The restaurant industry on the flip side doesn't even have to go that far.
They've never been challenged with a united effort. Gonna be mighty hard to conduct business as usual with a mob outside picketing and exposing the restaurant. Especially since they have the right to.

You kinda just want to ignore labor laws so this can be easy for you like I haven't noticed you ain't been saying ****.

I have no doubt your next post will be more of the same.
So, are we done
We haven't even started cuz you're stuck on paragraph of paragraph of boring bull ****. This is what you do cuz you have nothing to add.

So try again to tell me what we've already discussed so you can rehash it again cuz you want to try get away with lying and changing ****.

are you going to call me stupid 5 more times in an effort to demonstrate that you think you’ve “won” an argument on the internet?
I asked if you were stupid. You proceeded to just turn around and ask me. Your intellectual dishonesty is wild apparent.

A spade is spade.

You are what you are.

This isnt about winning an argument on the internet. Theres nothing to win because you're not talking about ****. You're too busy lying, making **** up, ignoring content to say you forgot this or that, pretending to be insulted, being super emotional and so much more bull ****.

You ain't about **** man. You've just repeated yourself for the past 4 or 5 replies now. You've made zero points. So you tell me.

I've got the gist of your stance though. Forming a union is too hard and going on strike would leave employees easily replaced so let's keep things as is where customers should give extra money to ppl working for next to nothing. Like I said wrong side of history when that tipping **** begins to be phased out.

Last edited:
Cheesecake factory is a billion dollar corporation that makes millions in yearly net revenue. They can afford to pay all of their employees a living wage. You know what they're doing with the money they're not paying you? Spending it on stock buybacks and executive bonuses. Don't make excuses for them. They OWE you for your labor.

If a business has to rely on exploiting the labor of its employees by improperly compensating them, causing them to rely on the charity of its customers, then that business should not exist. Only the american restaurant industry gets defended for their blatant exploitation. It's disgusting.

Most well thought out response on this topic.

Well said.

I respect the hell out of servers. Its a hard *** job. On your feet all those hrs, running up and down, its not a big deal to tip them 20 percent at least. I know they accepted the job and know what the deal is but still its a hard *** job. They have families to feed and rent to pay too, just like everyone else. Its pretty effed up to write 0 on the tip line when they gave you good service. Be respectful.

If the law mandated a working wage and no tips the industry would conform to it and the people will get used to it. Its not like people will stop going out. But that will not happen.

1FC3912D-3200-4A1C-87C5-AF19B23F7386.jpeg

It makes even more sense now 🤣

Not gonna further engage with someone so comfortable talking about undocumented workers like that. Then defends it by telling me to look up the technical definition of illegal as if somehow that was lost on me. Then he goes off on a tangent about how I’m sensitive for calling him out on that. Nobody has time for that s***!

My tolerance for obtuse arguments on the internet is no longer what it used to be.

Not to take sides in this discussion, but maybe I missed what Zik said about illegals. Is the term "illegals" what triggered you? What did he say?

Not to take sides in this discussion, but maybe I missed what Zik said about illegals. Is the term "illegals" what triggered you? What did he say?
I said as far as forming unions the employees who are not would need to get the illegals out the box.

Cuz you know you cant reasonably form a union in America with illegal immigrants cuz they're undocumented.

Somebody aware me if thats not the case :nerd: or if it would be advisable to try with them a part of that.

Dont fall for dudes oh I'm offended on behalf of them and his eagerness to bring Donald Trump in the conversation. Clear bait. He looking for anything to abandon ship cuz he has no stance or counterargument.
1FC3912D-3200-4A1C-87C5-AF19B23F7386.jpeg

It makes even more sense now 🤣
This is you conceding AGAIN :rofl:

Miss me with that oh this guy reads/watches a comic book movie/manga so I cant take him seriously. So lame you gotta spend time on my profile looking for anything to make yourself feel better.

Just be honest with yourself for once. You aint got **** to say. You've been looking for any out since the beginning.

You would be better off not replying and never entering this thread again.

We on a damn site for sneaker enthusiasts :lol: but Marvel/manga is where you cross the line. **** outta here ************.

Not gonna further engage with someone so comfortable talking about undocumented workers like that. Then defends it by telling me to look up the technical definition of illegal as if somehow that was lost on me. Then he goes off on a tangent about how I’m sensitive for calling him out on that. Nobody has time for that s***!

My tolerance for obtuse arguments on the internet is no longer what it used to be.
For at least your last 7 replies you haven't been talking about ****. No valid points or reasoning.

You have been discussing nothing. You generated the obtuse argument and prolonged it. You've lied, assumed, tried to rehash past posts to make it seem like something else, lied over and over, etc.

But you dont have the tolerance. Stop lying. If I didnt call out your bull **** you would've replied with more of the same.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik

I said as far as forming unions the employees who are not would need to get the illegals out the box.

If that was all that was said, I don't agree with that "talking slick about Immigrants."

I think he just meant that IF workers want to form a Union, Illegals simply need to be out of the way to start the process because they couldn't take part in the revolution.

I don’t know how you’d form a union with people who don’t have papers. You can’t, they got all my info. Unless you just straight up stole somebodies identity it isn’t gonna happen.

I don’t know how you’d form a union with people who don’t have papers. You can’t, they got all my info. Unless you just straight up stole somebodies identity it isn’t gonna happen.

Show me where someone disputed that.

Quote the post and tag me where anyone said that a union could or had to be formed with undocumented workers.

The entire time I simply maintained that it was unlikely that chefs and waitstaff would start forming large unions.

Simply “trying harder” to form one is not going to work in this specific industry.

Back
Top Bottom