So basically...In District 9... SPOILERS

Here is the Black man that people have been citing as a hero....check out his true nature and depiction in the film...

Prior to and during his introduction (Fundiswa's) , they reinforce the fact that Winkus is a stumbling idiot incapable of leadership, then they bring inFundwisa as his underling (literally)

Dude meets Winkus, an average height man, at his shoulder. Automatically, aborting any truly valiant or powerful role in this movie.

34q5rx4.jpg

He follows Winkus around like a lap dog and is extremely quiet and meek.

28u1ctk.jpg

He isn't even seen fit to introduce his own character. He is directly done so by Winkus as he points into the camera and tells the audience his name.

Winkus punches him on the shoulder, like a child, telling him if he's good enough, one day he can be like him...

2k4yyw.jpg

He meekly smiles and nods in silent affirmation. "Oh...i'll make it..."

v62gwk.jpg

hulzc2.jpg

Fundiswa is really depicted as the biggest coward in the film. He is the protypical c-oon, black stooge and servant. He continually looks into the camera witha vacuous expression with hints of fear.

CHECK THIS OUT...

Winkus says that it is difficult to put on a vest by himself and the other fat military dope rushes to his assistance...funny because when he told the whitemilitary personel that he was carrying too much ammo...he totally disrespected his orders...but the black man jumps at his order.

11t1nv4.jpg

Fundiswa: They told me I was going to get a vest....

Winkus: Don't worry about a vest you'll be fine.

043162484353ac736d6bb8b4db3d6a601571e432.gif

THE ICING ON THECAKE...

334kl07.jpg

"You stay behind us...GOOD LUCK BOY..."

Is that really your hero?

105brih.jpg

sf9phe.jpg

2duwzt.jpg

Dude has the least balls of everyone, including the women agents as he flinches and runs in his powder blue clown suit. Trailing behind Winkus everywhere andstaring at him in his eye for clarification and safety.

Hes no hero...he actually one of the most offensive caricatures in the film.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Just got done watching the movie and am disappointed. They didn't have to portrayal the Black South African like that
smh.gif
. Its almost a joke how they did it..how can ya'll not see that. I particularly love the "cat food" part and how they strangely go "crazy" over it. My real question is if the director meant to do this.

it's one thing to call the movie an allegory for apartheid. it's a completely different matter when you try to imply the portrayal of ACTUAL Blacks inthe film racist and somehow false... especially when it's clear many of the people crying racism have absolutely no personal experience or knowledge ofAfrica.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Just got done watching the movie and am disappointed. They didn't have to portrayal the Black South African like that
smh.gif
. Its almost a joke how they did it..how can ya'll not see that. I particularly love the "cat food" part and how they strangely go "crazy" over it. My real question is if the director meant to do this.

it's one thing to call the movie an allegory for apartheid. it's a completely different matter when you try to imply the portrayal of ACTUAL Blacks in the film racist and somehow false... especially when it's clear many of the people crying racism have absolutely no personal experience or knowledge of Africa.
No knowledge of Africa?

I have been to Ghana, Togo and Lagos and me and my brother are planning on visiting South Africa as soon as we get our funds right for the expensive trip. Whatthe hell you talking about?

I've been researching South Africa intensively for a while now, leading up to this trip. I actually have Black American friends leaving America to go toSouth Africa to purchase real estate and live in these so-called slums.

And what about the South African commentators and Nigerian protest groups...they have no personal experience or knowledge of Africa either, huh?

Your race-baiting has been extremely annoying as of late.....

That's all i'm going to say. I refuse to fall in to one of the numerous "traps" that you set on NT.

Race%2BBaiting%2Bfor%2BDummies.jpg

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

That's all i'm going to say. I refuse to fall in to one of the numerous "traps" that you set on NT.

Race baiting?
laugh.gif

NT sucks. Can't have a debate without someone calling you a racist.

Haze, just change the topic to Rosa Acosta appreciation.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Here is the Black man that people have been citing as a hero....check out his true nature and depiction in the film...

Prior to and during his introduction (Fundiswa's) , they reinforce the fact that Winkus is a stumbling idiot incapable of leadership, then they bring in Fundwisa as his underling (literally)

Dude meets Winkus, an average height man, at his shoulder. Automatically, aborting any truly valiant or powerful role in this movie.

34q5rx4.jpg

28u1ctk.jpg

He isn't even seen fit to introduce his own character. He is directly done so by Winkus as he points into the camera and tells the audience his name.

Winkus punches him on the shoulder, like a child, telling him if he's good enough, one day he can be like him...

2k4yyw.jpg

v62gwk.jpg

hulzc2.jpg

Fundiswa is really depicted as the biggest coward in the film. He is the protypical c-oon, black stooge and servant. He continually looks into the camera with a vacuous expression with hints of fear.

CHECK THIS OUT...

Winkus says that it is difficult to put on a vest by himself and the other fat military dope rushes to his assistance...funny because when he told the white military personel that he was carrying too much ammo...he totally disrespected his orders...but the black man jumps at his order.

11t1nv4.jpg

THE ICING ON THE CAKE...

334kl07.jpg

105brih.jpg

sf9phe.jpg

2duwzt.jpg

Dude has the least balls of everyone, including the women agents as he flinches and runs in his powder blue clown suit. Trailing behind Winkus everywhere and staring at him in his eye for clarification and safety.

i could easily do the same and say...

"Here is the White man that you have been citing as a hero....check out his true nature and depiction in the film..." and find stuff on wikus orwhatever his name is

you really have issues...if anyone is racist it's you. all movies don't need to have a strong black man or black hero. you are weak if you're goingto let this movie offend you. im almost certain the director didn't intend this movie to be racist. he didnt wake up one day and say, "hmmm let memake a racist movie"

thats all for me in this thread...im out

smh.gif

it's one thing to call the movie an allegory for apartheid. it's a completely different matter when you try to imply the portrayal of ACTUAL Blacks in the film racist and somehow false... especially when it's clear many of the people crying racism have absolutely no personal experience or knowledge of Africa.
No knowledge of Africa?

I have been to Ghana, Togo and Lagos and me and my brother are planning on visiting South Africa as soon as we get our funds right for the expensive trip. What the hell you talking about?

I've been researching South Africa intensively for a while now, leading up to this trip. I actually have Black American friends leaving America to go to South Africa to purchase real estate and live in these so-called slums.

And what about the South African commentators and Nigerian protest groups...they have no personal experience or knowledge of Africa either, huh?

If you go to Johannesburg and you try to buy guns, laptops, anything on the black market, you will get it from a Nigerian. Nigerians are heavily involved incrime in South Africa, period. There's no argument there. If you go to Johannesburg you'll immediately notice it's almost like being in Lagos withthe number of Nigerians there and what's going on in the city. If you're in Nigeria and you tell anyone you're moving down to Johannesburg theyassume you're going there for shady endeavors. the protest groups are angry because it puts those negative aspects of the country out to the public. youcan be offended a white guy made a movie and focused so much on it, but you can't pretend it's completely false.

I think the Matrix is different
In my social science class my teacher brought up Hancock and posed to us the question why does the black character have to be drunk and then cleaned up by thewhite man who then teaches him how to act?
Then I turned it around and said well in the Matrix Neo was a bum until Morpheus got him, plus the role was originally supposed to be Will Smith.
Had he taken the role then race wouldnt be an issue, altogether.
I can understand both sides though, I think ppl who call racism are a bit sensitive but at te same time given the violent history of race relations itsunderstandable but I could also understand some aspects of the "move on" mentality IMO.
Either way it's good to think and not let things go over your head.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

i could easily do the same and say...

"Here is the White man that you have been citing as a hero....check out his true nature and depiction in the film..." and find stuff on wikus or whatever his name is

you really have issues...if anyone is racist it's you. all movies don't need to have a strong black man or black hero. you are weak if you're going to let this movie offend you. im almost certain the director didn't intend this movie to be racist. he didnt wake up one day and say, "hmmm let me make a racist movie"

thats all for me in this thread...im out
Ok Mr. South Africa is a majority white land and I would be racist to ask for a black hero....thanks for all of your wonderful insight in thisthread.

Race baiting?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Its the same dudes over and over that follow me around with personal insults, never responding intelligently to the points that I bring up.

I try my best to ignore these clowns.

I think the Matrix is different
In my social science class my teacher brought up Hancock and posed to us the question why does the black character have to be drunk and then cleaned up by the white man who then teaches him how to act?
Then I turned it around and said well in the Matrix Neo was a bum until Morpheus got him, plus the role was originally supposed to be Will Smith.
Had he taken the role then race wouldnt be an issue, altogether.
I can understand both sides though, I think ppl who call racism are a bit sensitive but at te same time given the violent history of race relations its understandable but I could also understand some aspects of the "move on" mentality IMO.
Either way it's good to think and not let things go over your head.

I agree completely.

If you go to Johannesburg and you try to buy guns, laptops, anything on the black market, you will get it from a Nigerian. Nigerians are heavily involved in crime in South Africa, period. There's no argument there. If you go to Johannesburg you'll immediately notice it's almost like being in Lagos with the number of Nigerians there and what's going on in the city. If you're in Nigeria and you tell anyone you're moving down to Johannesburg they assume you're going there for shady endeavors. the protest groups are angry because it puts those negative aspects of the country out to the public. you can be offended a white guy made a movie and focused so much on it, but you can't pretend it's completely false.

Yes, there is a Nigerian criminal element in South Africa...but they also have most of the high paying jobs and skilled labor positions and were involved inthe apartheid struggle themselves. Where is the parity or honest depiction. This is disgusting.

Bernie Madoff and crew just scammed American of Billions of dollars and there are all types of criminal and unsavory elements in all groups, including AmericanBlacks and Whites...would it be fair to have a movie where the only depictions of white americans were extremely over the top serial killers, child rapists,school shooters and economic scam-artists or a movie with a group of black americans who all sold drug, raped women, carried AK-47s and butchered pork?

No one is saying that there isn't Nigerian crime...but how can you not see the unfairness in this movies depiction? Every Nigerian was over the top,"voodoo" practicing, cannibalistic, prostitute, gangster scum.

Very racist, inaccurate, harmful and stereotypical images.

You have several members in this thread who have expressed their belief, that this is the true nature of a Nigerian.

Intentional direction of the movie or not.... All the proof that hueyp showed is overwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised now if the members on stormfrontloved this movie.

If you go to Johannesburg and you try to buy guns, laptops, anything on the black market, you will get it from a Nigerian. Nigerians are heavily involved in crime in South Africa, period. There's no argument there. If you go to Johannesburg you'll immediately notice it's almost like being in Lagos with the number of Nigerians there and what's going on in the city. If you're in Nigeria and you tell anyone you're moving down to Johannesburg they assume you're going there for shady endeavors. the protest groups are angry because it puts those negative aspects of the country out to the public. you can be offended a white guy made a movie and focused so much on it, but you can't pretend it's completely false.

Yes, there is a Nigerian criminal element in South Africa...but they also have most of the high paying jobs and skilled labor positions and were involved in the apartheid struggle themselves. Where is the parity or honest depiction. This is disgusting.

Bernie Madoff and crew just scammed American of Billions of dollars and there are all types of criminal and unsavory elements in all groups, including American Blacks and Whites...would it be fair to have a movie where the only depictions of white americans were extremely over the top serial killers, child rapists, school shooters and economic scam-artists or a movie with a group of black americans who all sold drug, raped women, carried AK-47s and butchered pork?

No one is saying that there isn't Nigerian crime...but how can you not see the unfairness in this movies depiction? Every Nigerian was over the top, "voodoo" practicing, cannibalistic, prostitute, gangster scum.

Very racist, inaccurate, harmful and stereotypical images.

You have several members in this thread who have expressed their belief, that this is the true nature of a Nigerian.

put like that, i agree with you. i was arguing against the people who claimed the depiction was racist because it was entirely false. i agree with your pointabout fairness though.

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Race baiting?
laugh.gif

Do you even know what race-baiting is? If you did, you'd realize the irony in your statement.

Stop cheer leading for your internet homeboy and grow a brain.

I honestly feel that if anyone else made a thread concerning the racial undertones of a summer blockbuster movie, we'd all be bombarded with "WOWSTOP REACHING LULZ".

But you, him, and a select group of people... in your quest to be seen as intellectual and enlightened on NT, create race-baiting and flame-baiting topicswith no intention other than to further your egos, which are based on semblances of intellect that are not actually there.

I could pick a random movie with a black actor and start commenting on how "blatanly" racist it is and calling everyone who doesn'timmediately see it as "blind" just to show you how ridiculous this topic really is, but i'd much rather watch you and your cronies bury yourselfin logical fallacies and asinine arguments.
laugh.gif

Much more entertaining.

Oh and...
laugh.gif

Its the same dudes over and over that follow me around with personal insults, never responding intelligently to the points that I bring up.

I try my best to ignore these clowns.

You surely aren't talking about me, are you? Because ever since that Somali pirate thread (where you blatantly contradicted yourself)it seems that you've been avoiding whatever I have to say in response to you... with "You little dudes
laugh.gif
" ... "I'm not even going tobother" or other parting shots without actually defending YOUR position. This is of course, accompanied by your followers who cosign without hesitation orthought: "Yea Haze, don't bother sparing your superior intellect on them"
laugh.gif

Your whole group is hilarious.

Race baiting?
laugh.gif

Do you even know what race-baiting is? If you did, you'd realize the irony in your statement.

I honestly feel that if anyone else made a thread concerning the racial undertones of a summer blockbuster movie, we'd all be bombarded with "WOW STOP REACHING LULZ".

But you, him, and a select group of people... in your quest to be seen as intellectual and enlightened on NT, create race-baiting and flame-baiting topics with no intention other than to further your egos, which are based on semblances of intellect that are not actually there.

I could pick a random movie with a black actor and start commenting on how "blatanly" racist it is and calling everyone who doesn't immediately see it as "blind" just to show you how ridiculous this topic really is, but i'd much rather watch you and your cronies bury yourself in logical fallacies and asinine arguments.
laugh.gif

Much more entertaining.
You win. I don't care what NT perceives me as. None of you do anything for me so why should I care. An intellectual? Hardly. Haze, my buddy?Not really. He's called me out on numerous occasions for my political beliefs and made slandering statements towards me. I'm not on a quest to becomesomeone that people on NT can get a laugh out of like FlamingHotCheetos who is a big joke. I just read and post my opinion. I haven't seen this film yetbut after doing some research regarding the topic I may venture out and give it a look for myself.

How can the director who moved out of South Africa at 14 make a film about apartheid when he has no real knowledge about it except from what he has heard, seenfrom archival footage and read? That's what I don't get.

Have you not read through this thread the majority of posts have been directed at son calling him racist and accusing him of reaching.
#$+%$% on Niketalk don't read and he's proving it once again. OP has been called a racist repeatedly throughout this thread and accused ofreaching but he has the research to back up his claims.

Race baiting?
laugh.gif

I honestly feel that if anyone else made a thread concerning the racial undertones of a summer blockbuster movie, we'd all be bombarded with "WOW STOP REACHING LULZ".
Have you not read through this thread the majority of posts have been directed at son calling him racist and accusing him of reaching.

Prior to and during his introduction (Fundiswa's) , they reinforce the fact that Winkus is a stumbling idiot incapable of leadership, then they bring in Fundwisa as his underling (literally)

Fundiswa is really depicted as the biggest coward in the film. He is the protypical c-oon, black stooge and servant. He continually looks into the camera with a vacuous expression with hints of fear.

CHECK THIS OUT...

Winkus says that it is difficult to put on a vest by himself and the other fat military dope rushes to his assistance...funny because when he told the white military personel that he was carrying too much ammo...he totally disrespected his orders...but the black man jumps at his order.

THE ICING ON THE CAKE...

Dude has the least balls of everyone, including the women agents as he flinches and runs in his powder blue clown suit. Trailing behind Winkus everywhere and staring at him in his eye for clarification and safety.

Actually Huey that was the point, to intentionally show the thinly veiled racism that exists to this day. Wikus isn't meant to be a true hero, he hasflaws, the real hero is supposed to be CJ.

How can the director who moved out of South Africa at 14 make a film about apartheid when he has no real knowledge about it except from what he has heard, seen from archival footage and read? That's what I don't get.

are you serious...?

cry moarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr plzzzzz.
If your mindset prior to anything is that the world's racist, minorities (especially blacks apparently) are all disadvantaged and are looked down upon,well reality is, you're going to find it in whatever and wherever. You should probably divert your energy and time spent searching for racism intosomething more productive.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Actually Huey that was the point, to intentionally show the thinly veiled racism that exists to this day. Wikus isn't meant to be a true hero, he has flaws, the real hero is supposed to be CJ.

This could be so but you can't combat sterotypes by depicting nothing but sterotypes.

If the director had good intentions for the racial depictions...he surely handled them horribly.

Wikus is a complex character, who is merely a worker carrying out orders. Once he sees the truth, he begins gaining compassion. He is motivated by the purelove of his wife and eventually conquers his cowardice, awkward manner and selfishness.

The Black characters are all one-dimensional dimwits and savages. Every single one.

Even Fundiswa's ending. I broke down his archetypal stooge role throughout the movie (see the text excerpt, its a common thing)...but dig the end...hestill ends up in jail.

Like...how do you expose a corporations devilish secrets and you still end up in jail?
laugh.gif
What was he convicted of doing good?

He wasn't even smart, powerful or lucky enough to use the information as leverage and emerge as a hero. Most movies the person who exposes the evilantagonist at least get heralded as a hero or emerges with some kind of nobility. Fundiswa was a cowardly stooge, who became a tragic afterthought.

go complain to the directors and write for a movie critique website or some %!+# and S T F U.

it's a movie based on apartheid for %!$* sakes. stop reaching

OMG i wish I could just scream and make you all hear me! there's so much wrong with some of yall's posts i'm just going to attack random ones. Forone, the black assistant, so let me get this straight, you want a seven foot tall black rambo bullying everybody? if he was too tall you'd probably besaying oh that's racist, the black guy has to be tall. second- someone said it only showed blacks abusing the aliens, what about the fricking psychoticsuper white military cat who wanted to kill freaking everything- and blasted some prawns on sight? third- me and my dad came away from the movie thinking itwas racist against WHITE people fourth-some moron actually said there should be a white person in the slum, are you #$%#$@ kidding me? do you know howcompletely ridiculous that would look? you really think a white person would be in a south african slum?! i feel like a freaking white huey from boondocks atthe end of that R. Kelly episode. YALL NEED TO STOP. geezus christ grow up. i have so much to say but i'm not even going to bother with it anymore.

Originally Posted by wildcard

OMG i wish I could just scream and make you all hear me! there's so much wrong with some of yall's posts i'm just going to attack random ones. For one, the black assistant, so let me get this straight, you want a seven foot tall black rambo bullying everybody? if he was too tall you'd probably be saying oh that's racist, the black guy has to be tall. second- someone said it only showed blacks abusing the aliens, what about the fricking psychotic super white military cat who wanted to kill freaking everything- and blasted some prawns on sight? third- me and my dad came away from the movie thinking it was racist against WHITE people f[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]ourth-some moron actually said there should be a white person in the slum, are you #$%#$@ kidding me? do you know how completely ridiculous that would look? you really think a white person would be in a south african slum?[/color]! i feel like a freaking white huey from boondocks at the end of that R. Kelly episode. YALL NEED TO STOP. geezus christ grow up. i have so much to say but i'm not even going to bother with it anymore.

From this post i'm going to infer that you didn't read this thread in its entirety or that you just lack reading comprehension...but I will address thehighlighted portion, since it shows your ignorance and false racial assumptions... this is the South African reality...

10hsu4j.jpg

Poor Whites / Rich Blacks In South Africa! -Watch more funny videos here

This is why I made this thread. So many of y'all are very ignorant to reality.

Its sad to see that its this bad though.

According to Statistics South Africa, white Africans make up about 9.2% (July 2006) of the total population in South Africa and are large minorities in many cities and provinces in South Africa; in Pretoria they are roughly 23.9%, East Rand 19.4%, in Cape Town 18.7%, in Port Elizabeth 16.5%, in Johannesburg 16%, and in Durban 8.9%. Their actual proportional share is likely to be higher, given the undercount in the 2001 census. It should also be noted that the above cities include nearby black townships, which are technically not part of the city, but politically are in the same municipality.

Originally Posted by wildcard

some moron actually said there shouldn't be a white person in the slum, are you #$%#$@ kidding me?
fixed
Huey brought the Ether with that vid.
Think b4 u type folks, especially if u r gonna name call....
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom