SMH @ This Girl's Rant

2d9s8jt.jpg

Originally Posted by Made In Korea23

I am not going to lie and admit that yes I do see asian people talking on their phones at the library but I mean its definitely not limited to just a certain race. We are young adults in college and we see people with bad manners from every nationality and race. The part that pissed me off the most about this video was when she started saying "ching chong" etc. This kind of deal happened to me in person while i went to go eat with my family near Santa Monica and it is something I just cannot tolerate. The traffic in the parking lot for this plaza was really bad and we happened to be blocking their car from coming out but we were stuck in traffic and really couldn't move. The girl and her boyfriend proceeded to honk and then flip me off while i was in the passenger seat with my sister driving and parents in the back. She then stretched her eyes and made a slanted eye and said "fbombing" asians out loud. Usually I am not the type to flip out and have road rage or anything over a middle finger but what she said just completely threw me off and made me get out the car. I wasn't going to do anything physical but I just made sure she knew that she was living in a city with a large population of Asians and that its one thing to get mad about blocking the car but bringing race into it is just flat out unnecessary. The boyfriend kept apologizing and saying that "all i said was ****s man" which got me even more angered a the fact that he thinks its okay because all he said was ****s. Eventually both ended up apologizing and what not but damn, its amazing how racism will always exist no matter how many years go by. This girl who posted the video is probably done for and she probably won't be able to attend any of her finals this coming week because of the amount of hate that is going around not only the UCLA campus but even here at UCSD.
212733nfb1tuey.gif

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by Made In Korea23

I am not going to lie and admit that yes I do see asian people talking on their phones at the library but I mean its definitely not limited to just a certain race. We are young adults in college and we see people with bad manners from every nationality and race. The part that pissed me off the most about this video was when she started saying "ching chong" etc. This kind of deal happened to me in person while i went to go eat with my family near Santa Monica and it is something I just cannot tolerate. The traffic in the parking lot for this plaza was really bad and we happened to be blocking their car from coming out but we were stuck in traffic and really couldn't move. The girl and her boyfriend proceeded to honk and then flip me off while i was in the passenger seat with my sister driving and parents in the back. She then stretched her eyes and made a slanted eye and said "fbombing" asians out loud. Usually I am not the type to flip out and have road rage or anything over a middle finger but what she said just completely threw me off and made me get out the car. I wasn't going to do anything physical but I just made sure she knew that she was living in a city with a large population of Asians and that its one thing to get mad about blocking the car but bringing race into it is just flat out unnecessary. The boyfriend kept apologizing and saying that "all i said was ****s man" which got me even more angered a the fact that he thinks its okay because all he said was ****s. Eventually both ended up apologizing and what not but damn, its amazing how racism will always exist no matter how many years go by. This girl who posted the video is probably done for and she probably won't be able to attend any of her finals this coming week because of the amount of hate that is going around not only the UCLA campus but even here at UCSD.
212733nfb1tuey.gif

awesome.

Because she crossed the line. The part about talking on cell phones in the library is 100% true, but to say it's only Asians that do that is absolutely absurd. Then she started imitating the accent and making fun of the situation in Japan...after that, she pretty much dug her grave and there wasn't any going back.

I'm a UCSD grad- MadeInKorea is absolutely right...I'm sure all the Asian students in the UC system are gonna be pissed at her..she should just transfer to a school away from California and go somewhere where there aren't many Asians
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Because she crossed the line. The part about talking on cell phones in the library is 100% true, but to say it's only Asians that do that is absolutely absurd. Then she started imitating the accent and making fun of the situation in Japan...after that, she pretty much dug her grave and there wasn't any going back.

I'm a UCSD grad- dude who posted a few posts up is absolutely right...I'm sure all the Asian students in the UC system are gonna be pissed at her..she should just transfer to a school away from California and go somewhere where there aren't many Asians
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if you were responding to me but I was referring to the white chick imitating Dominicans from NYC.

I was responding to the poster above you. I can see why you'd think I was responding to you though
laugh.gif

I don't know being black I'm use to generalizations and ignorant comments so this video wasn't surprising or shocking to me. It just comes with the territory of being a minority in a country such as the USA.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

moneymike88 wrote:

Why would Asian students at UCLA take offense to this, though?
Why weren't dominicans getting E-mad over that, though?

How do you know they weren't? They probably were.
laugh.gif

People stick up for their backgrounds and heritages...It's called pride. Maybe you should go get some.

why wasnt the reaction for this the same...asians are too racially sensitive
laugh.gif

yeah because this video is totally in the same context as the chick's from ucla.�
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

laugh.gif

yeah because this video is totally in the same context as the chick's from ucla.�
grin.gif

it wasnt even an opinion though old girl said she was imitating a fictional person 3 seconds in the video

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Why would Asian students at UCLA take offense to this, though?

was there even a thread on here though?
and considering whats going on with the earthquake situation it wasnt necessary 
There was a thread. IIRC, she's a comic. She has other videos, I think. 

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

laugh.gif
�
grin.gif
word...because she isnt making fun of another race/culture in this video, right?

truth is, it still isnt that serious...the chick voiced and opinion and dudes started whining instantly...the ching chong was a bit too far but, relax
HankMoody wrote:
Mrsouthernhospitality wrote:

was there even a thread on here though?
and considering whats going on with the earthquake situation it wasnt necessary 

There was a thread. IIRC, she's a comic. She has other videos, I think.

yea...she imitates a jew, an italian dude from the yonkers and a black chick yelling at her man...i think i get why she never made fun of Asians

Her methods were inappropriate but it's true.

I worked in the library last year but Asian people came in all the time [DURING FINALS/MIDTERM WEEK] and would carry on as if it was the library and people weren't studying.

No racist but I personally know where she's coming from.

Back
Top Bottom