These type of excuses are so overused.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

"Her" apology (quoted because possibly fake):

http://www.facebook.com/p...7&id=100002169562201

"Some of my best friends are Asians"
laugh.gif
These type of excuses are so overused.
roll.gif
I probably'd have more respect if she just stuck to her guns than go for that one. She's done. People need to realize that what happens on the internet goes a long way, no matter how much they try to rectify it afterwards.

Originally Posted by SuperVi11ain

she's got a point though
her rant would've been fine and dandy if she hadn't mention asians. even if the predominant ethnicity at UCLA are asians

I watched this video expecting something amazingly racist and ignorant. Maybe because I'm not Asian, but this did not seem that outrageous like everybody is making it out to be.

My school is revolting against her right now on FB. Someone created a Facebook page and invited everyone on campus it seems
laugh.gif

But yeah, she's a dumb *****. It's crazy how she just made this video a few hours ago and now she's public enemy #1 on campus.

eek.gif
Them tittays

Im asian and this doesnt offend me at all, just another dumb valley chick. Shes kinda right though, asians be damn loud on their phones, not giving a damn where they're at. I wouldve been irate at the video if she didnt have those casabas. 

People really are overreacting to this.
indifferent.gif
Really, WHO GIVES A $%@$?

Shouldn't we have bigger things to worry about here? UCLA is a difficult school, no? Why aren't they studying? If not studying, then focus on Japan. That's an Asian-related issue far more important than this ridiculous video which makes an ignorant yet miniscule complaint and generalization about Asians and the incredulous response by Asians who are now just trying to make fun of someone. Oh yeah, they're really upset right now. I guess that's why there is humor. Is this really something Asians haven't heard before? People stereotyping the way Chinese or Korean people talk? Am I missing something new? Ignorant Americans? Wasn't there just a thread within the last page about the tsunami and Pearl Harbor?

Congratulations to everyone for feeling so disgruntled. Don't even know why people attempt to act all 'surprised' and 'angered' anymore when ignorant people show up on the internet, doing their little web-cam gigs for Youtube and shaking their **** at the same time. It's 2011 and there's 6-7 billion people on the planet, for crying out loud. You're bound to find at least a million idiots in your lifetime. Get over it.

I don't support what she says but at the same time I'm used to hearing absolutely stupid things. Go waste your time on something else.

I am not going to lie and admit that yes I do see asian people talking on their phones at the library but I mean its definitely not limited to just a certain race. We are young adults in college and we see people with bad manners from every nationality and race. The part that pissed me off the most about this video was when she started saying "ching chong" etc. This kind of deal happened to me in person while i went to go eat with my family near Santa Monica and it is something I just cannot tolerate. The traffic in the parking lot for this plaza was really bad and we happened to be blocking their car from coming out but we were stuck in traffic and really couldn't move. The girl and her boyfriend proceeded to honk and then flip me off while i was in the passenger seat with my sister driving and parents in the back. She then stretched her eyes and made a slanted eye and said "fbombing" asians out loud. Usually I am not the type to flip out and have road rage or anything over a middle finger but what she said just completely threw me off and made me get out the car. I wasn't going to do anything physical but I just made sure she knew that she was living in a city with a large population of Asians and that its one thing to get mad about blocking the car but bringing race into it is just flat out unnecessary. The boyfriend kept apologizing and saying that "all i said was ****s man" which got me even more angered a the fact that he thinks its okay because all he said was ****s. Eventually both ended up apologizing and what not but damn, its amazing how racism will always exist no matter how many years go by. This girl who posted the video is probably done for and she probably won't be able to attend any of her finals this coming week because of the amount of hate that is going around not only the UCLA campus but even here at UCSD.

Back
Top Bottom