Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

smh.gif
The NBA needs to do something about this, can't be having multiple players keep leaving to go overseas.
mad.gif

I agree, this is going too far now.
Only good can come from this.
IF the Euro league can get a TV contract in America(Fox Sports anyone?), and more NBA players go over there, the Euro league can become huge.

This will force the NBA to up it's product.
Which hopefully means: NO FIXED GAMES, better refs, better rules, etc.
Hopefully Stern will leave

Stern and the NBA can't do nothing about this. They're efforts will be futile. No one can stop the power that is International Basketball.

But seriously, what can Stern and the NBA do about it? If a player wants to go overseas, then he'll go overseas.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

smh.gif
The NBA needs to do something about this, can't be having multiple players keep leaving to go overseas.
mad.gif

IF the Euro league can get a TV contract in America(Fox Sports anyone?), and more NBA players go over there, the Euro league can become huge.

Maybe...

smh.gif
mad.gif

I thought the fixing of games was to draw more ratings
laugh.gif
? But I agree with you SoHi. Hopefully better refsand better rules... hopefully.

Everything comes full circle. Stern has been plucking foreign players for decades. The shoe is on the other foot I guess

Originally Posted by franchise3

Everything comes full circle. Stern has been plucking foreign players for decades. The shoe is on the other foot I guess

Exactly. I have no remorse for the NBA when it comes to American players going overseas.

I can see players like Ginobli, Nowitzki, Parker, etc. going back to Europe after they're contracts expire.

They're established all-stars in the NBA, alot of people will follow.

I can see players like Ginobli, Nowitzki, Parker, etc. going back to Europe after they're contracts expire.

They're established all-stars in the NBA, alot of people will follow.

Ehh, I doubt it, Detlef didn't. Same with Sabonis/Vlade (as far as I can remember, Sabonis played when till he couldn't even run anymore).

I can see it happening to all Euro players OTHER than the big European stars (Dirk, Manu, Parker, etc).

Dudes will go to Europe when their careers are almost over, Right now what you are seeingis the fact that for the past couple seasons the NBA has had too manyquality players. I know that sounds hard to believe but now more than ever guys with legit NBA talent arent makin the squad out of summer league. Think aboutit, How many American guys can you think of who went to American Colleges and Universities played in the NBA for a min, left, and came back? AnthonyParker,Roger Mason, Dee Brown, etc. The only time that quality NBA players cant find jobs is when the market is in favor of owners. Your going to have a lot oflegit NBA guys leave because simply with the NBA drafting players every year dudes arent gone be wanted cause they have been exposed.

Take Bassy, he had to take a paycut in his first season of his new deal to stay in the NBA, If Minny wasnt concerned about looking like they gave all the KGpieces ( sans AL) up they would have taken their chances with a guy in summer league. Last off season I counted 15 legit NBA players who had to leave the NBAto go to Europe. Like 5 of those guys are back, and I honestly think the only reason their back is cause of their families. They all took paycuts......

As NBA players become more educated and aware of the monster that is the Euro they arent going to want to be paid, and taxed on a second class currency. TheEuroleague has to spend wisely and not lock a lot of these guys up to contracts longer than a few years though.

smh.gif
mad.gif

QFT....

Warriors resigning Ellis for millions > Wiz resigning Arenas for millions....

Why are people getting pissed about guys leaving for Europe? The US dollar is #$%+ right now and the NBA has been taking foreign guys for years. And it'snot like we've lost a superstar here gentlemen, let's not forget a whole slew of you guys were talking about how Josh isn't THAT good right afterthey lost in the playoffs....right when the Hawks hype machine broke down.

If LeBron, Kobe, Melo, KG, or CP3 etc. leave, it's a problem. Josh Childress? Enjoy the Greek isles man.

Umm, could somebody post that list of NBA players that left to go overseas.

I remember it was Josh Childress, Boki Nachbar, Primoz Brezec, and like 3 other people.

Juan-Carlos Navarro

Well, Miami's Dwyane Wade laughed as he delivered a baseline bid to leave the NBA in the summer of 2010. "Thirty million a season, non-taxable?" Wade said. "I might have to think about it."

"With the money being said that guys can get over there, it's unbelievable," Wade said. Not only do you have international players coming to America, you've got American players going international. And you've got big-time players doing it now. It's interesting.

"If they offer me $40 million a year and no taxes, I might have to go over there. I'll have to see you guys later."

For now, Dwyane Wade was laughing. For how long, though?

So how much to GS have left to offer Biedrins ?

Ship him to Miami if yall dont wanna pay the man

Monta Ellis is staying right where he is -- in Oakland. The Warriors' up-and-coming guard on Thursday night finalized details on a six-year contract worth more than $66 million -- a huge pay day for the restricted free agent who was making only $770,000 last season. NY Newsday

The Warriors locked up their franchise player for at least the next five years when restricted-free-agent guard Monta Ellis signed a six-year, $66 million deal. Golden State also retained restricted-free-agent swingman Kelenna Azubuike by matching the three-year, $9 million offer sheet he received from the Los Angeles Clippers. And they signed second-round draft pick Richard Hendrix, a power forward out of Alabama. Bay Area News Group

Andris Biedrins, according to a source close to the fifth-year player, is drawing interest from several teams in Europe. Biedrins' camp and Golden State have yet to formally meet but should do so by early next week. Biedrins' top choice is also to stay with the Warriors, according to those who know him, but the economics might not be to his liking. His camp is looking for a double-digit average salary, in the ballpark of the five-year, $50 million-plus extension Clippers center Chris Kaman signed in 2006. Bay Area News Group

A source close to the Warriors' fifth-year center said European teams are hot and heavy after Biedrins. The Latvia native is drawing strong interest in a couple Russian clubs, according to the source, who added that teams are willing to sign him for three to five years for what amounts to more than $10 million a year. This would be the best news for Biedrins' in months. The only team with salary cap space that was reportedly interested in him, other than the Warriors, was Philadelphia. But the 76ers spent their cap money on Elton Brand. So leverage of a fat offer from overseas is Biedrins' best hope of getting the money he wants from the Warriors, or anywhere in the NBA. Contra Costa Times

Earlier Thursday, the Warriors announced that shooting guard Kelenna Azubuike would return after the club matched the Clippers' three-year, $9 million offer sheet. Azubuike averaged 8.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in 81 games last season with the Warriors, who signed the former Kentucky guard out of the NBA Developmental League in January 2007. He started 17 games for Golden State, and he should see more playing time next season after Davis' departure, Mickael Pietrus' signing with Orlando and Ellis' expected move to point guard. AP/Houston Chronicle

Ellis is an odd fit both in his new job and among those who do his job in the Western Conference. He is plainly not as good at the moment as Chris Paul (New Orleans), Deron Williams (Utah), Steve Nash (Phoenix), Tony Parker (San Antonio), Jason Kidd (Dallas) or Davis (Los Angeles Clippers), either by virtue of experience or current talent level. San Francisco Chronicle

For the moment, though, Monta Ellis is the Warriors. He had to be, for there was no other foreseeable outcome once Davis left. Whatever happens now, however he finds his place, his ability to define this franchise is the new prime directive on what was, is, and for the foreseeable future, the wackiest starship in the NBA. San Francisco Chronicle

With Andris Biedrins' contract in the works, this may signal the end of a very busy period for the Warriors and, in fact, the roster may be almost set. With regard to Azubuike, Mullin had seven days to match the Clippers' offer, starting when he received the offer on July 18. San Francisco Chronicle

The Golden State Warriors matched the Clippers' three-year, $9 million offer to restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuike on Thursday afternoon. The 24-year old swingman from Kentucky averaged career-highs in scoring (8.1) and rebounding (4.1) in his first full season in the league. He started just 17 of the 81games he appeared in last season with the Warriors, but when he started he was effective, averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds. LA Daily News

One day after adding a reserve post, the Nuggets added a reserve swingman - Dahntay Jones agreed to a one-year deal with Denver, his agent confirmed. Jones, a Duke product, played well on Denver's summer league team, well enough to earn himself a guaranteed contract for the league minimum, around $1 million. Denver Post

On Wednesday, reserve post Chris Andersen agreed to sign with the Nuggets, also for a one-year deal for the league minimum. Denver Post

Just days after Atlanta Hawks guard Josh Childress shocked the NBA to sign a lucrative, three-year deal with the Greek team Olympiakos, rumblings began surfacing about European clubs being interested in Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Thursday that he was still "hopeful we can make a deal sometime in the near future," but acknowledged that there was concern about European teams making a pitch to Vujacic. LA Daily News

Vujacic, frustrated by the lack of interest he was receiving around the league, dropped his agent, Bill Duffy, and switched to Rob Pelinka about ten days ago. Since then, Kupchak said he has been in daily contact with Pelinka. LA Daily News

The Lakers offered Vujacic a three-year deal worth about $12 million, a salary that would pay him $4 million per season. Vujacic, 24, is seeking a deal that will pay him between $5 million and $6 million per season, similar to what Jason Kapono (four years, $24 million from Toronto), James Posey (four years, $25 million from New Orleans) and Mickael Pietrus (four years, $25.1 million from Orlando) got. Press-Enterprise

Kupchak: "We're also looking at other scenarios just in case." That would mean the Lakers are looking to acquire another shooter via trade or by free agency, something they are seriously looking into by working out two players today. Press-Enterprise

There was one bit of good news from Lakers camp this week. Young center Andrew Bynum was in town on Monday to meet with Kupchak and Lakers team doctor, Steven Lombardo. Kupchak said that Bynum -who was cleared by his personal doctor, David Altcheck in New York, last week - looked great. "Everything we've heard the last few weeks has been very, very encouraging," Kupchak said. "It's all been good." LA Daily News

The recent talk surrounding the 76ers has involved the futures of guards Andre Iguodala and Louis Williams, who are restricted free agents. Yesterday that talk was put on hold - for at least a day - as the Sixers reached an agreement with free-agent guard Royal Ivey. The 6-foot-4 player from the University of Texas was Atlanta's second-round pick, the 37th overall, in 2004. He played three seasons with the Hawks before playing last season - his most productive - with the Milwaukee Bucks, averaging 5.6 points, 2.1 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 19.2 minutes. Philadelphia Inquirer

More than three weeks into free agency, Rockets restricted free-agent forward Carl Landry is generating more conversation but is still roughly where he started. His agent said Thursday that Landry is not considering any specific offer, no decision is imminent, and nothing has changed in Landry's options. Buddy Baker said he could give any one of several NBA teams the go-ahead to present an offer, but Landry is weighing his options. Houston Chronicle

Thursday was not a good day for a pair of Nuggets players with non-guaranteed contracts. The Nuggets signed big man Chris Andersen to a one-year guaranteed deal, and agreed to terms on a one-year guaranteed deal with swingman Dahntay Jones. That could spell the end with the Nuggets for point guard Taurean Green and swingman Bobby Jones. Or at least keep the Nuggets from guaranteeing their contracts for next season. Rocky Mountain News

One of the three remaining roster spots is earmarked for restricted free agent J.R. Smith, whom the Nuggets want to re-sign. And another could go to second-round draft pick Sonny Weems, who figures to sign a contract for the rookie minimum of $442,114. Rocky Mountain News

With Chris Andersen back in a Nuggets uniform, don't expect to see center Francisco Elson return to Denver as well. I talked to Elson's agent Calvin Andrews on Thursday and Elson does not appear to fit in the Nuggets current budget. "We talked (to the Nuggets), but I don't know if that's going to be the right direction or not (for Elson)," Andrews said. ``The chances (of signing with Denver) have gone down, definitely." Rocky Mountain News

The Nets still have a lot of power forwards. That means if they can find takers for Stromile Swift and/or Sean Williams - I know some of you won't like that I include his name but they are looking to move him - the Nets will deal each or both. Thorn said the Nets would like to add a third point guard for insurance and another shooter. Dooling is expected to back up both spots, but you can never have enough. They could do either through free agency or by trade. Thorn wouldn't rule out the possibility of a big trade. With all the work the Nets have done and moves they have made you can'??t rule out anything. Bergen Record

It appears the Utah Jazz are torn on deciding whether or not to match the four-year, $15 million offer sheet C.J. Miles received from Oklahoma City, a decision which must be made today. Adding to the quandary, although nobody in the organization wants to admit it, is the play of Morris Almond in the Rocky Mountain Revue. Almond, this week, has looked like a player who's NBA ready. He's scored nearly at will against his competition. His defense, awful last season, has improved. He's stopped relying on his jump shot, instead taking the ball to the basket and getting to the line. Salt Lake Tribune

If the Jazz match the lucrative offer Miles receives, it will become extremely difficult, if not impossible, for Almond not to begin his season with the Utah Flash in Orem. Should the Jazz let Miles go, there's opportunity for Almond to contribute at the NBA level, as it appears he's quite capable of doing. Salt Lake Tribune

Anthony Roberson signed a two-year deal with a second year team option. The first year is for the minimum for third-year players - $798,000. "He's had a tough break in a couple of places," Walsh said yesterday. "He can spread the floor because of hsi shooting and that's important in Mike [D'Antoni's] game." NY Post

Stephon Marbury's status never has been more uncertain. He falls into the Jeremy Shockey category - a player who can produce but whose diva act has grown tired with the organization. NY Post

J.R. Smith, who in a year's time rallied from the far regions of Nuggets coach George Karl's doghouse to become one of Denver's mainstays, was added Wednesday to the U.S. Select team, a group of young NBA players charged with helping the Olympic team prepare for next month's Beijing Games. Denver Post

However, because Smith is a free agent and hasn't signed a contract with a team, he wasn't allowed to participate in Thursday's scrimmage against the U.S. squad. Hence, the 22-year-old Smith, who has been known to chafe at authority during a mercurial four-year career, became practice fodder, assisting in drills, then rebounding shots and passing back to the likes of Utah's Deron Williams and Jason Kidd of Dallas. Denver Post

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

My boy Bassy is gettin' paid.
pimp.gif

Not really, considering CJ Miles is getting paid more than him.

based on this logic, kobe isn't getting paid because jason kidd makes more than him.
eyes.gif

props to bassy, brooklyn wins again, it's the stuy, it's the bush, them *!+$*@ again

instead of signing the birdman, the damned nuggets need to be finding out a way to get rid of AI
AI for Vince Carter, Sean Williams and a filler

nuggets get a less selfish 2 guard (albeit one without a heart), a defensive big who can score inside and won't take 22 footers &
the nets get cap room for the 2010 sweepstakes

everyone wins
Monta Ellis is a franchise player ?

laugh.gif

peeped that too, no comment.

Back
Top Bottom