Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

very good move golden stae. If you didn't match then buike sure would've help my clippers. I was hoping the warriors didn't match but they did.This means my clips to get back on the grind and find another good role player out there. Or just save the cap room for the upcoming season

An impressive summer audition has landed swingman Dahntay Jones a full-time job with the Nuggets. Jones, who averaged 18.4 points for the Nuggets summer-league team in Las Vegas, has agreed to a one-year guaranteed contract for the NBA minimum $926,678. Rocky Mountain News

The Knicks today announced the signing of guard Anthony Roberson to a one-year contract for the NBA minimum ($711,517) plus a team option for the second year. Roberson is a 6-2, 195-pound guard who has a terrific shooting touch but hasn't been able to stick in three previous NBA stops with Memphis, Golden State and Denver. NY Newsday

The Knicks now officially have 16 contracts, one greater than the NBA max and their league-leading payroll has once again eclipsed $100 million ($100,161,287). Marbury ($21.9 million) and Malik Rose ($7.6 million) are veterans in the final year of their contracts, which could be bought out. Cheaper options could be to waive or trade Renaldo Balkman ($1.32 million) or Collins ($997,800), who face team options for the 2009-10 seasons. NY Newsday

Kelenna Azubuike will return to the Golden State Warriors after the club matched the Los Angeles Clippers' US $9-million, three-year contract offer for the shooting guard on Thursday. Azubuike averaged 8.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in 81 games last season with the Warriors, who signed the former Kentucky guard out of the NBA Developmental League in January 2007. AP/Toronto Sun

Azubuike, a restricted free agent, signed the offer sheet with the Clippers last Friday, giving Golden State seven days to match it. The Warriors, who earlier signed high-scoring free agent swingman Corey Maggette from the Clippers, also signed forward Ronny Turiaf away from the Lakers last week with a similar offer-sheet deal. AP/Toronto Sun

The Clippers' offer was for three years and an estimated $9 million. Azubuike, a second-year guard/forward out of Kentucky, averaged 8.5 points and four rebounds a game last season. San Francisco Chronicle

By keeping Azubuike, the Warriors will no longer pursue free agent swingman Maurice Evans. Azubuike, a restricted free agent, signed the offer sheet with the Clippers last Friday, giving Golden State seven days to match it. The Warriors, who earlier signed high-scoring free agent swingman Corey Maggette from the Clippers, also signed forward Ronny Turiaf away from the Lakers last week with a similar offer-sheet deal. InsideBayArea

The Jazz have until Friday to match OKC's four-year, $15-million offer sheet on C.J. Miles, and it's looking like Utah is using these final few hours to clear up cap space to retain the 21-year-old shooting guard. Utah traded backup point guard Jason Hart on Wednesday to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for veteran point guard Brevin Knight. The move sheds nearly $1 million off the Jazz's team salary and helps the team avoid the luxury tax threshold if they choose to retain Miles. Oklahoman

Utah currently has about $61.5 million in team salary, exceeding the $58.68 million cap set for the 2008-09 season. Because Miles is Utah's own free agent, the Jazz can further exceed their current salary to retain him. But the luxury tax level for next season is set at $71.15 million, meaning any team whose salary exceeds that figure will pay a $1 tax for each $1 it exceeds that figure. It's a costly position for teams to be in, but it's not the 2008-09 season Utah would have to worry about the luxury tax if they retain Miles but the 2009-10 season. Oklahoman

Miles' deal with OKC is likely to start at $3.35 million with 8% annual raises, giving him a fourth-year salary of $4.154 million. Since the Jazz still is roughly $10 million below the tax threshold for next season, they can match the first-year salary of $3.35 without paying any tax. Oklahoman

Sebastian Telfair's three-year deal is worth $7.5 million and breaks down this way: $2.3 million this coming season, $2.5 million in 2009-2010 and he has the option to come back in 2010-2011 for $2.7 million. Craig Smith signed a two-year deal worth $4.8 million that will pay him $2.3 million and $2.5 million a season. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Also, the Wolves appear to be getting closer to signing Ryan Gomes. If they do, it'll probably be somewhere in the $3 million a year range. As the days go by, it looks less and less likely he's going to get a sizable offer from another team. Minneapolis Star Tribune

[h2]Warriors Re-Sign MontaTo Multi-Year Deal[/h2]
Ellis_Monte_gsw_071226.jpg

Jul 24, 2008 10:14 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The GoldenState Warriors have re-signed guard Monta Ellis to a multi-year contract, it was announced today by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations ChrisMullin. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

"We are absolutely thrilled to have Monta under contract for the next several years," said Mullin. "He has been one ofthe top young players in the NBA for the last two years and enjoyed a tremendous season last year. The growth that he has demonstrated at such a young age isincredible and we look forward to him playing a big part in our future success."

Ellis, 22, averaged a career-high 20.2 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.53 steals in 37.9 minutes in 81 games last season. Heranked 14th in the NBA in field goal percentage (.531, 3rd among all guards), 15th in steals and 25th in scoring. He became only the ninth guard in NBA historyto shoot 60% from the floor for an entire month in February (.602). The 6'3" Ellis scored a career-high 39 points on January 24 vs. New Jersey andscored 30-plus points on 12 occasions overall.

Originally selected (out of high school) in the second round of the 2005 NBA Draft by Golden State (#40 overall), Ellis was named theNBA's Most Improved Player following the 2006-07 campaign, when his scoring average increased by nearly 10 points per game from the previous season (6.8 to16.5). The Jackson, Mississippi native has averaged 15.7 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists overall in 207 NBA games during his three-year career.Additionally, his field goal percentage has increased by nearly 6% in each of his three campaigns (.415, .475, 531).

Via Press Release

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Knicks Sign Roberson[/h2]
Jul 24, 2008 5:00 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
The New YorkKnickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent guard Anthony Roberson has been signed to a contract. As perclub policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

Roberson, 6-2, 195-pounds, has career averages of 4.1 points and 8.8 minutes in 36 career games with Memphis and Golden State. The25-year-old Saginaw, MI-native averaged 2.2 points in 5.5 minutes per game with Memphis in 2005-06 before tallying 5.6 points in 11.4 minutes per game withGolden State the following season. Roberson spent last season playing overseas in Turkey and Israel.

Via Press Release

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Warriors MatchClippers Offer To Azubuike[/h2]
Jul 24, 2008 4:24 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The GoldenState Warriors have matched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers, it was announced today byExecutive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The Warriors had seven (7) days from receipt of the contract - Friday, July 18 - to match theoffer from Los Angeles. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced. "We are pleased to have Kelenna back in the fold," said Mullin."He's a young and talented player who has continued to improve during his two seasons with our team. His versatility, athleticism and ability to shootthe 3-pointer certainly fit our style of play. Additionally, we think he will continue to improve and expand his game." The Golden State Warriors havematched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers,

Via Press Release

Golden State Warriors,Los Angeles Clippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Golden State Signs RichardHendrix[/h2]
Jul 24, 2008 4:09 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The GoldenState Warriors have signed forward Richard Hendrix, whom the club selected with the 49th overall selection in last month's NBA Draft, to a contract,Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released. Hendrix, 21, was an earlyentry candidate for the NBA Draft after playing three seasons at Alabama. As a junior, he earned First Team All-SEC honors after averaging 17.8 points (fifthin SEC), 10.1 rebounds (first in SEC) and 1.94 blocks (fifth in SEC) in 32 contests. He posted 32 career double-doubles and currently ranks 11th onAlabama's all-time list for career rebounds (849) and 18th in career points (1,327).

Via Press Release

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

Originally Posted by acidicality

pimp.gif
nice move. Evans wanted 3/10 million (and i think he got it-i read that in our offseason thread). if it was the original deal of 3 years for 6 or so, i'd definitely take him, but if they were about the same, i'd go with Azubuike. As much as NobleKane hates him, Kelenna is a good role player to have around. As is Evans, but Buke is cheaper and younger, so it's a no-brainer.
yea yea....i hope he falls down in the depth chart...

The team is looking pretty good right now...

al we need is that billups and maxiel for biedrins and al harrington trade to go down
laugh.gif

what the hell are the lakers doing? if they dont sign sasha, then what? is coby karl good enough? go after pargo or wells?
ohwell.gif

Bonzi on the Lakers is a strong likelihood if the Hornets don't get him back.

I'd hate to see Bonzi on the Lakers though, as a Mavericks fan.

Sebastian Telfair's three-year deal is worth $7.5 million and breaks down this way: $2.3 million this coming season, $2.5 million in 2009-2010 and he has the option to come back in 2010-2011 for $2.7 million.
My boy Bassy is gettin' paid.
pimp.gif
Despite all thehate, I think he's finally found himself a home in Minny. Hope he continues to progress next season...

An impressive summer audition has landed swingman Dahntay Jones a full-time job with the Nuggets. Jones, who averaged 18.4 points for the Nuggets summer-league team in Las Vegas, has agreed to a one-year guaranteed contract for the NBA minimum $926,678. Rocky Mountain News

Seen him @ the A. Keys concert in Vegas... Didn't wanna say anything to him though since he wasn't on a squad at the time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Sebastian Telfair's three-year deal is worth $7.5 million and breaks down this way: $2.3 million this coming season, $2.5 million in 2009-2010 and he has the option to come back in 2010-2011 for $2.7 million.
My boy Bassy is gettin' paid.
pimp.gif
Despite all the hate, I think he's finally found himself a home in Minny. Hope he continues to progress next season...

Telfair is actually taking a pay cut this year. He made 2.5 last year.

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

laugh.gif
@ Mullin spending 100+ mil on Ellis and Maggette. Yeah, that'll get it done in the West.
Huh?

Maggette's contract is questionable, but Monta's contract isn't bad at all.

Umm, could somebody post that list of NBA players that left to go overseas.

I remember it was Josh Childress, Boki Nachbar, Primoz Brezec, and like 3 other people.

LOL at Bonzi Wells and his greed. I'm glad he's teamless at this point. Turning down that 5 year 30 mil offer or whatever the Kings were going to throwat him. Now he's become a journeyman and it makes me feel good.

Some other people who left to go overseas off the top of my head: Juan Carlos Navarro, Carlos Delfino, and Jorge Garbajosa.

smh.gif
The NBA needs to do something about this, can't be having multiple players keep leaving to go overseas.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

smh.gif
The NBA needs to do something about this, can't be having multiple players keep leaving to go overseas.
mad.gif

I agree, this is going too far now.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

smh.gif
mad.gif

What can they do about it though? They are in no position to tell foreign teams how to spend their money. It's not like the NBA owns the players'rights or anything. With that said, I'm tired of this !$$%.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom