Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53717/20080723/birdman_back_to_denver/[/h2]
[h2]Birdman Back To Denver[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 6:51 PM EST

den_40.gif
Chris "The Birdman" Andersen will return to the Denver Nuggets next season. He agreed to sign a one-year contract with the team, multiple sources said Wednesday.

Andersen will make a league minimum $998,000 next season.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Reports yesterday suggested that Chicago Bulls' forward Luol Deng and his agent were ready to issue an "ultimatum" to the Bulls, basically saying if Luol did not have a deal done by September 1st, that he would back away from negotiations and not negotiate again with the Bulls.

League sources suggested that the Lakers, Pistons, Heat and Jazz have all had discussions with Luol Deng's camp about the framework of a sign-and-trade.
Who could we move in order to get deng? I mean....

Chi-town isn't stupid...they won't take luke or mhim or anything stupid like that. IMO odom would have to be a part of that deal. IMO I am takinginconsistent odom over deng. I can't see Chi taking vlad or lukes contract. Now the piston's could trade a billups or tayshawn if they wanted but Idon't see why they would. I think the heat could put together the best deal. Marion's deal comes of the books...just deng and another player formarion.

I just hate when the lakers get thrown in a trade rumor and laker "fans" think we can trade role players for good players. Kwame for pau happens oncea lifetime.

i honestly don't see why the lakers are so against trading LO

he isn't really what they need at the three

primarily because he can't play d

Kings got a nice PG.

Hooped it up with Bobby a couple times at Brea 24hr Fitness, cool dude.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

If the frickin' cavs don't resign Delonte and upgrade with some quality free agents! He's an important piece to the team.

Fixed.

Honestly, I think we should go after J.R. Smith. Dude is a hell of an offensive spark plug, and a SG at that. That's all we need besides a gameplan onoffense.

Agreed, J.R. would be piff on this team. LeBron would definitely keep him in check, and then have Wally come off the bench would be nice. How about bringingthe Czar back?

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Honestly, I think we should go after J.R. Smith. Dude is a hell of an offensive spark plug, and a SG at that. That's all we need besides a gameplan on offense.

I said this a couple pages back. Cavs need OFFENSE.

Sam Smith told Chicago Tribune Live that the Bulls are in for a terrible mess. Smith suspects that both Deng and Gordon will sign 1 yr offers so that they canbecome un-restricted FA's after this season. As a result, Smith opined that both players will shoot 20 shots a game in order to bolster their numbers, andas a result, the Bulls will be in utter chaos and , once again, be a 30 win team.

I still can't get over the fact that Gordon and Deng want a larger offer from the Bulls, after declining in play and having a disastrous horribly terriblepathetic , and underachieving season.

Greedy , greedy. greedy.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Sam Smith told Chicago Tribune Live that the Bulls are in for a terrible mess. Smith suspects that both Deng and Gordon will sign 1 yr offers so that they can become un-restricted FA's after this season. As a result, Smith opined that both players will shoot 20 shots a game in order to bolster their numbers, and as a result, the Bulls will be in utter chaos and , once again, be a 30 win team.

I still can't get over the fact that Gordon and Deng want a larger offer from the Bulls, after declining in play and having a disastrous horribly terrible pathetic , and underachieving season.

Greedy , greedy. greedy.

It's just a tough pill to swallow. Going from offer ___ to 2/3rds of that offer.

But then again, beggars can't be choosers.

Especially since no team is going to be really looking to lock themselves into long term deals since 2010 is right around the corner.

Originally Posted by pkballr

Wait a second... wasn't this bum Jason Hart on the Clippers like, a season ago? Than he signed with the Jazz. Than he got owned by Ronnie Price again and sent back to the bench. Only to be sent back to the Clippers? Awesome. I hate you Jason Hart.

He wasn't a bum when he was rolling for the Clips!! I guess he wasn't a really good fit on the jizzazz

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

- The who's who in the stands... NBA players (J.R. Smith)

What in god's name??
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53720/20080723/jr_smith_added_to_us_select_team/[/h2]
J.R. Smith Added To U.S. Select Team
my dude JR. How is this man not a starter in denver. Its not something major, but i think getting respect from the coaching staff at team USA willmotivate him to work even harder.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53720/20080723/jr_smith_added_to_us_select_team/

no wonder JR smith was at the trials. he's about to start playing with the kiddies. move over Luther Head. lol

HOUSTON -- The agent for restricted free agent forward Carl Landry told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday playing outside the NBA may become an option for his client.

Landry played his rookie year with the Houston Rockets during the 2007-2008 season.

The Atlanta Hawks lost restricted free agent guard Josh Childress to the Greek club Olympiakos Wednesday. Like Childress, Landry is a restricted free agent. The Hawks could match any offer Childress gets from an NBA club but that option doesn't exist for teams outside the NBA.

Landry and the Rockets are in a similar situation.

"Carl would entertain all serious offers," said Buddy Baker, Landry's agent. "There is serious interest in Carl by both other NBA teams and internationally."

Landry averaged 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game during his first year in the NBA.

"Carl and his agent are doing what they think is best for him and if that includes exploring Europe that is their right to do that," said Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets General Manager.

"We continue to want Carl as a Rocket. We have a difference of opinion on the next steps to get him re-signed, but we have not changed our desire to see him return."

Get the ___ outta here.

Ain't nobody in Europe going to offer Landry a worthwhile contract.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

- I'm guessing they selected or someone upped JR Smith so this dude can get some confidence. He has been playing half-assed for a while now and manybelieve (well, some nba commentators do) he has untapped talent

-The Blazers signed Batum? I guess they saw his potential, but did they sign Koponen? I thought dude can ball based from what I saw on summer league.

Yeah Landry definitely needs to stay. I don't see how any Europe team offers him something significant, considering he's only really played half ayear, and is coming back from an injury no less.

And the Blazers signed Batum because he told whoever was drafting him that he wasn't gonna go back to France. (In case a team wanted him and wanted tostash him away overseas for a year or two)

jr smith to the USA team...#!!?...damn why didnt we go for try to get mo evans back?...i didnt even kno he was a free agent and whats with the warriors takingour ex-guys
eyes.gif
...reminds me of how the raiders taking our guys afterhearing fans saying how wack our team is but yet they take our guys
sick.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by pkballr

Wait a second... wasn't this bum Jason Hart on the Clippers like, a season ago? Than he signed with the Jazz. Than he got owned by Ronnie Price again and sent back to the bench. Only to be sent back to the Clippers? Awesome. I hate you Jason Hart.

He wasn't a bum when he was rolling for the Clips!! I guess he wasn't a really good fit on the jizzazz

you think nobody on the clippers is a bum

Originally Posted by aRog27

I still can't get over the fact that Gordon and Deng want a larger offer from the Bulls, after declining in play and having a disastrous horribly terrible pathetic , and underachieving season.

Greedy , greedy. greedy.

They just overplayed their hand.

I mean, you gotta understand that both of these dudes were coming off excellent seasons in '06. Then the Wack Mamba trade talks happened (giving Luol andBen an excuse to suck), Chi went into a funk, the Cle-Chi trade changed the roster, a losing/underachieving season happened, then the draft added Rose whichfurther changed the roster, the expectations, and the outlook of the team all led to Deng and Gordon no longer being priorities.
Back then though, Ihonestly didn't see where an undersized 2 guard was gonna get the cake he was looking for. And Luol, I DID think would get a good deal. But he played like@$$. So now most teams aren't willing to give him that big money. You just can't invest in a mentally-fragile player and try to build aroundhim.

"I thought the way (the Nuggets) went about it was classless," Camby said. "I thought it could have gone down a whole lot better."
laugh.gif

Marcus is probably more upset at being traded for just a 2nd round pick than anything else.

- Good pick up for the Jazz with Knight.
- Ditto for the Warriors with Marcus.

- HORRIBLE move if the Pistons trade Tayshaun. HORRIBLE. I mean, really, REALLY HORRIBLE.

Back
Top Bottom