Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

artest to the pistons just doesnt sound like a good idea...i bet the city of detroit still harbors a lot of hatred for artest...i don't see him beingwelcome

EB4President:
I am sick of everyone saying Bryant just learned to share the ball. His players changed their names from Kwame to Pau, Smush to Fish.
Apparently you weren't watching when his teammates were named Rice, Fox, Jones, Van Exel, or Threatt.

I'm not saying dude NEVER passed to those guys, but he definitely had a reputation for being a ballhog long before Smush or Kwame came into the scene.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

artest to the pistons just doesnt sound like a good idea...i bet the city of detroit still harbors a lot of hatred for artest...i don't see him being welcome
I see him getting shot once he comes off the plane
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TMH88

artest to the pistons just doesnt sound like a good idea...i bet the city of detroit still harbors a lot of hatred for artest...i don't see him being welcome
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyways hope that Melo stuff is BS, i dont want him on this team.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by TMH88

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyways hope that Melo stuff is BS, i dont want him on this team.

Who WOULD you like?

regardless, i feel detroit is pushing for a big trade, so i expect to see either billups or prince gone by the start of the season

Originally Posted by pkballr

SMH at Head getting the start over Kevin Martin. Seriously? I guess they needed less players on the court that could create their own shot.

Seriously. What were they thinking?

brevin knight to utah and jason hart to lac: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53716/20080723/utah_acquires_brevin_knight/

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53716/20080723/utah_acquires_brevin_knight/[/h1]
[h1]Utah Acquires Brevin Knight[/h1]

Jul 23, 2008 6:03 PM EST

Knight_Brevin_lac.jpg
The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has acquired veteran point guard Brevin Knight from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for guard Jason Hart. Originally selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round (16th overall pick) of the 1997 NBA Draft, Knight (5-10, 170, Stanford) has appeared in 655 career regular season games (423 starts) over 11 NBA seasons with Cleveland, Atlanta, Memphis, Phoenix, Washington, Milwaukee, Charlotte and the Clippers, owning career averages of 7.9 points, 6.6 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 1.77 steals per game. He appeared in 74 games (39 starts) this past season with the Clippers, averaging 4.6 points, 4.4 assists and 1.35 steals in 22.6 minutes. Knight ranked second in the NBA in assists-per-turnover (4.62), and third in steals per turnover (2.87).

Wait a second... wasn't this bum Jason Hart on the Clippers like, a season ago? Than he signed with the Jazz. Than he got owned by Ronnie Price again andsent back to the bench. Only to be sent back to the Clippers? Awesome. I hate you Jason Hart.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

EB4President:
I am sick of everyone saying Bryant just learned to share the ball. His players changed their names from Kwame to Pau, Smush to Fish.
Apparently you weren't watching when his teammates were named Rice, Fox, Jones, Van Exel, or Threatt.

I'm not saying dude NEVER passed to those guys, but he definitely had a reputation for being a ballhog long before Smush or Kwame came into the scene.

But his assists numbers have not really changed... Assists are a tricky stat but still..........

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

EB4President:

But his assists numbers have not really changed... Assists are a tricky stat but still..........

I don't know, maybe his statistics haven't changed, but I really see a difference in Kobe's game this year from 07 when he was a contender forMVP.

EB4President:

Seriously. His first couple years in the league were the worst. He was like a black hole when he came in -- all he did was shoot. I was so annoyed by itback then I was ready to trade him staight up to get Anthony Peeler back.

Honestly as a pistons fan, I see billups gone before the season, maybe sheed too, with stuck comin up and sheed gettin there in age I see it happenin. If I wasjoe d, I wouldn't move Maxy, Prince, Rip, Stucky or Mcdyss. I think once the cuffs are takin off Prince he can be a #2 option, and with his length andability to defend a very solid/good number 2.

As for trades, I don't want mello, he doesn't play D and seems like he isn't all there.

What I see as our needs at this point is center and depth. I wouldn't mind sendin billups and maybe a 1st rounder to the warriors for that Center Beindres(sp?)
pimp.gif

Waits for warriors fans to come have a fit
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

surprised klj didn't post this yet
laugh.gif

Chris "The Birdman" Andersen will return to the Denver Nuggets next season. He agreed to sign a one-year contract with the team, multiple sources said Wednesday.

Andersen will make a league minimum $998,000 next season.

kings sign bobby brown: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20080723&lc=NBA#STORY_10672

Kings Agree to Sign Bobby Brown

spacer.gif

Posted: 7/23/2008 6:29:00 PM
Source: Sacramento Bee

The Kings have come to terms with point guard Bobby Brown, a point guard out of Cal State Fullerton who played with New Orleans in the recent Las Vegas summer league.

The deal is for two years at the veteran's minimum with a player option in the second season (specific terms to come), as confirmed by a source close to the Kings. Brown's signing should be official by tomorrow and will be a clear sign the Kings will hold an open tryout of sorts for their backup point guard position. Second-round draft pick Sean Singletary (Virginia) will also be hoping to land the job of behind Beno Udrih.

Brown was impressive while playing with the Hornets, averaging 15.2 points and 6.3 assists. Brown - a 6-foot-2, 23-year-old who went undrafted last summer and played in Berlin last season - was impressive enough at summer league that there was buzz that he could become the backup to Hornets point guard Chris Paul.

[h2]Childress Bolts ForGreece[/h2]
Childress_Josh_atl_080504.jpg

Jul 23, 2008 10:04 AM EST

atl_40.gif
The AtlantaHawks have lost forward Josh Childress but not to another NBA team.

According to a report published by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Childress said he agreed to terms Wednesday morning on athree-year contract with Olympiakos of Greece that is worth far more than $20 million initially reported.

"It's official, I just signed," Childress said by phone Wednesday morning from Athens, where he and agent Jim Tannerwill be until Friday. "I think it was . . . a situation where I didn't know who to expect coming in, coming over to Athens. But it's a great cityand a great organization. They do whatever they can to make you feel at home."

Childress will have the ability to opt out of his contract following each year of his contract, making a return to the NBA an easyscenario.

Via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Artest-To-Detroit BuzzGrowing[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 11:08 AM EST

det_40.gif
The Pistons areconsidering a move to acquire Ron Artest.

A source close to the Pistons confirmed that the team is pondering a trade for Artest. But a source close to the Kings says thePistons have not yet called Sacramento.

The Pistons wouldn't be able to reach the Kings' chief decision-maker in the coming days. Geoff Petrie is going onvacation.

Via Sacramento Bee

Detroit Pistons,Sacramento Kings

[h2]LeBron'sAnkle Sprain Responds Well To Treatment[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 8:36 PM EST

cle_40.gif
LeBron Jamesmost likely will miss the U.S. National team's first exhibition game against Canada, but his ankle is responding well to treatment, according to a reportby ESPN News Services.

"If the gold medal game was tomorrow, he'd play," coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "But we're not playing the goldmedal game, or a medal round game right now. So we would rather be cautious right now.

"I would say right now LeBron wouldn't play on Friday," Krzyzewski said. "I don't think that's a wisedecision, especially if he hasn't practiced."

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]PoseySigns Contract With Hornets; Sees Contender On Rise[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 8:35 PM EST

noh_40.gif
The New OrleansHornets officially signed forward James Posey to a five year, $25 million contract on Wednesday, the Associated Press is reporting.

"I look for them to do big things this upcoming season, after the great things they did last season," Posey said. "Iwant to contribute as best I can."

"You can see, it's just sitting right there with the young core they have. Chris Paul is a great leader and with David West,Peja [Stojakovic] and Tyson Chandler, they have a group that competes every single day. I hope I'm the missing piece that furthers them on thisjourney."

Via ESPN

New Orleans Hornets,Boston Celtics

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]J.R. Smith Added To U.S. SelectTeam[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 8:32 PM EST

den_40.gif
Restricted freeagent J.R. Smith has been added to the U.S. Select team which will scrimmage against the U.S. National team, the Denver Post is reporting.

"I'm happy; it's a blessing," Smith said if his addition to the select squad. "Hopefully, one day I'll beable to play on the Olympic team."

Smith finished the season strong, averaging 18.3 points a game versus the Lakers in the playoffs. He is a restricted free agent andthe Nuggets have made a qualifying offer to him, ensuring their stance that they want Smith back.

"The work is definitely paying off," Smith said. "Even after the car accident it's just a blessing to be heretoday. It's not the Olympic team, but it's still a shot and it shows that people are looking at me with respect."

Via Denver Post

Denver Nuggets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Boston Announces EddieHouse Signing[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 8:30 PM EST

bos_40.gif
The BostonCeltics announced today that they have re-signed guard Eddie House. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed. "I am excited to have Eddieback this year," said Danny Ainge, the Celtics' Executive Director of Basketball Operations/General Manager. "Everyone knows how big Eddie wasfor us in the Finals this year, and we think Eddie will continue to be a key contributor as we work to win Banner 18." House, a 6'1", 175lbsharp-shooting guard, shot 39 percent from three-point range last season, including 41.2 percent during the NBA Finals, during which he scored nine points inthe second half of the Celtics' record-setting Game 4 comeback win in Los Angeles on June 12th. In his eighth year in the league, Eddie scored in doublefigures 23 times last season while averaging less than one turnover per game.

Via Press Release

Boston Celtics

[h2]Blazers Sign Batum[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 6:57 PM EST

por_40.gif
The PortlandTrail Blazers signed French guard-forward Nicolas Batum on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-8 19-year-old was the 25th overall pick in the draft by Houston, which traded his rights to Portland for picks DarrellArthur (27th overall) and Joey Dorsey (33rd overall).

Via Houston Chronicle

Portland Trail Blazers

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

[h2]Birdman Back To Denver[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 6:51 PM EST

den_40.gif
Chris "TheBirdman" Andersen will return to the Denver Nuggets next season. He agreed to sign a one-year contract with the team, multiple sources saidWednesday.

Andersen will make a league minimum $998,000 next season.

Via Denver Post

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Utah Acquires BrevinKnight[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 6:03 PM EST

uta_40.gif
The Utah Jazzannounced today that the team has acquired veteran point guard Brevin Knight from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for guard Jason Hart. Originallyselected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round (16th overall pick) of the 1997 NBA Draft, Knight (5-10, 170, Stanford) has appeared in 655 careerregular season games (423 starts) over 11 NBA seasons with Cleveland, Atlanta, Memphis, Phoenix, Washington, Milwaukee, Charlotte and the Clippers, owningcareer averages of 7.9 points, 6.6 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 1.77 steals per game. He appeared in 74 games (39 starts) this past season with the Clippers,averaging 4.6 points, 4.4 assists and 1.35 steals in 22.6 minutes. Knight ranked second in the NBA in assists-per-turnover (4.62), and third in steals perturnover (2.87).

Via Press Release

Utah Jazz

[h2]Delonte And Cavs NotClose On Agreement[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 1:10 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Restrictedfree-agent Delonte West has drawn interest from around the league but has yet to sign an offer sheet. Other teams calculate that the Cavs will merely match anysuch offer sheet that West signs.

The Cavs and West continue to negotiate but sources say the two sides are not close to an agreement and some sign-and-trade scenarioshave been discussed. The Cavs do want to bring West back.

If talks do not produce a long-term contract, West has the option of accepting the Cavs' qualifying offer of $2.76 million andthen becoming an unrestricted free-agent after this coming season.

Via News Herald

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Warriors Sign Evans ToThree-Year Deal[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 12:43 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
The Warriorshave signed Maurice Evans to a three-year, $6.4 million deal, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

By adding Evans, it means the Warriors would not match the three-year, $9 million contract restricted free agent Kelenna Azubuikesigned with the Los Angeles Clippers last week. The Warriors had until Friday to match Azubuike's deal, but Evans represents a cheaperalternative.

Evans was a Laker and Magic last year. He is an athletic, 6-5 swingman who plays solid defense and can knock down the three-pointshot.

Via San Jose Mercury News

Golden State Warriors

[h2]Celtics Announce Tony AllenSigning[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 12:19 PM EST

bos_40.gif
The BostonCeltics announced today that they have re-signed guard Tony Allen. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Allen, a 6'4", 213lb guard, has spent his entire four year career with the Celtics after being drafted with the 25th overallpick in the 2004 NBA Draft. The former Oklahoma State Cowboy recorded career highs in minutes (1373), assists (114) and points (494) in 75 games last season ashe worked to return from his January 2007 knee injury. Allen posted averages of 6.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 18.3 minutes per game during the 2007-08campaign. In his 11 starts last season Allen averaged 9.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.45 steals in 29.2 minutes per game including a 16 pointperformance in a 110-91 victory over the Lakers in Los Angeles on December 31, 2007. The Celtics had a 9-2 record in games that Allen started last season.Allen has posted career averages of 7.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.01 steals in 236 career games.

Via Press Release

Boston Celtics

[h2]Sparks, Shock Brawl In WNBAShowdown[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 1:18 AM EST

nba_40.gif
The Sparks'Candace Parker was one of three players ejected along with Shock assistant Coach Rick Mahorn after a brawl with 4.6 seconds left in Los Angeles' 84-81victory on Tuesday night in Auburn Hills, according to an ESPN.com report.

"To be honest, I don't recall exactly what happened," said Parker, who led Los Angeles with 21 points. "I'llhave to watch the tape."

Via espn.com

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Agent: Pistons Agree ToTerms With Bynum[/h2]
Jul 23, 2008 12:23 AM EST

det_40.gif
The DetroitPistons have reached an agreement on a 2 year contract with guard Will Bynum, Eric Lacy of the Detroit News is reporting.

Bynum's agent Mark Bartelstein said he expects his client to sign the contract today, a deal which Bartelstein claims gives theplayer about $700,000 guaranteed the first year, before a second-year team option.

"He has great quickness, can really put the ball on the floor and is a big-time athlete," Bartelstein said.

Bynum turned down several lucrative offers from overseas clubs, where he has been playing for the last few seasons.

"He could have made at least twice as much overseas," Bartelstein said.

Via Detroit News

Detroit Pistons

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Who would the lakers send to chicago for deng? Luke and Mihm?

It's frustrating that the Lakers fans always think they can get a great, quality player for spare parts...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Kings Agree to Sign Bobby Brown
WOW.

I can't believe the Hornets passed up on signing him.

yeah. pargo is more of a sg imo and james didn't play much. i thought they'd want brown as paul's backup. i wanted the warriors to take himbecause i think they need another pg still. monta's not suited to play pg, yet (if ever).

Back
Top Bottom