Silver to $250 an oz...

Golds nOt an investment, especially physical, you trade it: get in and get out before the bubble bursts and it comes down to a favorable level where it steadies.

Golds nOt an investment, especially physical, you trade it: get in and get out before the bubble bursts and it comes down to a favorable level where it steadies.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by andycrazn

they are selling it for fiat. they arent buying it so im good.
@frank yea i guess so but the point of owning gold and silver isnt to have any gains on it like you do with other investments. its a true safe haven now that the swiss just went fiat. gold/silver is for wealth preservation. so what about "clipping" thats why you WEIGH THE COINS WHEN ITS USED and go by that price. hell if the coin used to weigh 31.1 grams and lost a few grams you go based on the new weight. we gotta worry about the gubbermint counterfeiting now right? thats the new way of "clipping" and they are doing a freaking awesome job on that. gold and silver is anti gubbermint and banks cause they cant manipulate it the way they can with fiat. there will be less malinvestments in the economy with it cause money is much scarcer. gubbermints wont have deficits cause they are restricted to their revenues.

what makes gold and silver money is that they have all the characteristics of money. fiat can be printed into oblivion, gold and silver cannot cause you cant print it out of thin air.

war? we are heading towards a global war now over FIAT MONEY AND DEBT. you cant say that dollars are money because they are debt. word to the federal reserve "note" on top of it. is it redeemable for anything from the originator of that note? NOPE.

edit: oh and why does banks and gubbermints all over the world HATE gold? why do they have to manipulate the price of it if fiat money is money? why they gotta invade libya to stop the gold dinar from happening?
So you are not trying to make money now?� Why are you trying to store your wealth in gold?� At some point you are going to have to convert it back into currency to get any kind of purchasing power.� Metals will never be a universally accepted currency.� I'm telling you bro, metals will not save you from this collapse you think is coming.

My comment about coin clipping was in reference to gold being a circulated currency.� Every single person and place of business is supposed to carry around a scale to weigh their money?� Even if that happened what are you gonna do with a coin that is a fraction of a gram short?� Tear a sleeve off the shirt they are trying to purchase, take a few slices out of their loaf of bread?� Just think logically man.� All this stuff you are talking about is not feasible.� I know you want to believe but use your melon.

You cannot walk into any place of business and pay in gold or silver so they do not have all the characteristics of money.� Any natural resource cannot be "printed into thin air", that does not make it money.� As I said, you could just as easily be talking about diamonds or plastic or wood or copper.� We are only talking about gold and silver because that is what is being marketed to the public and because gold used to back our currency when there was enough of it in existence to do so.

I am not saying dollars are money any more than gold or anything else people agree upon has value, is money.� I don't get why people all think gold has some intrinsic worth.� It's all perceived value.� It's worth comes from the same place the dollars worth comes from.��

Don't get me wrong I agree with you that the economy is messed up and the the system of money is flawed but I don't think you realize how horrible the conditions in this country would be if government spending was restricted to the amount of gold they had in their possession.� If wealth in this country was restricted to the amount of gold we were able to put into circulation peoples lives would be devastated.� Peoples lives may very well end up being devastated anyway but this will just speed up the process and if you ask me I think thats what they are aiming for.� You all are falling right into a trap.� Calling for your own demise.

devildog1776 wrote:
10 yrs ago gold was around 300 dollars an oz....

That's a pair of foams and a nice dinner....

Today you can get a nice used car for an oz...

It's all on priorities... Gold will make you rich this time around simply because it will be scarce to the average individual...

It can only get you a used car if you sell it.� Did you sell it?� When will you sell it?� Do you have a price target?� What is the max drawdown you are willing to take?� You realize it is possible for it to go right back to $300 or less right?� Not saying that it will but if you haven't done any analysis or came up with your own valuation method then you are pretty much just gambling.� Trying to look into a crystal ball.
who said i have to convert it back into a currency to be able to trade it? why cant i just skip that step and go to trading silver for good or gold for a car? you measure it by WEIGHT just like our founding fathers original definition of the dollar was. It WAS a UNIT OF WEIGHT and you use that to trade for food which is measured in WEIGHT.

and whats wrong with people weighing their money? we use pens to identify if that money is fake or not why not a scale to determine the weight of the coin.

@frank yea i guess so but the point of owning gold and silver isnt to have any gains on it like you do with other investments. its a true safe haven now that the swiss just went fiat. gold/silver is for wealth preservation. so what about "clipping" thats why you WEIGH THE COINS WHEN ITS USED and go by that price. hell if the coin used to weigh 31.1 grams and lost a few grams you go based on the new weight. we gotta worry about the gubbermint counterfeiting now right? thats the new way of "clipping" and they are doing a freaking awesome job on that. gold and silver is anti gubbermint and banks cause they cant manipulate it the way they can with fiat. there will be less malinvestments in the economy with it cause money is much scarcer. gubbermints wont have deficits cause they are restricted to their revenues.

what makes gold and silver money is that they have all the characteristics of money. fiat can be printed into oblivion, gold and silver cannot cause you cant print it out of thin air.

war? we are heading towards a global war now over FIAT MONEY AND DEBT. you cant say that dollars are money because they are debt. word to the federal reserve "note" on top of it. is it redeemable for anything from the originator of that note? NOPE.

edit: oh and why does banks and gubbermints all over the world HATE gold? why do they have to manipulate the price of it if fiat money is money? why they gotta invade libya to stop the gold dinar from happening?
So you are not trying to make money now?� Why are you trying to store your wealth in gold?� At some point you are going to have to convert it back into currency to get any kind of purchasing power.� Metals will never be a universally accepted currency.� I'm telling you bro, metals will not save you from this collapse you think is coming.

My comment about coin clipping was in reference to gold being a circulated currency.� Every single person and place of business is supposed to carry around a scale to weigh their money?� Even if that happened what are you gonna do with a coin that is a fraction of a gram short?� Tear a sleeve off the shirt they are trying to purchase, take a few slices out of their loaf of bread?� Just think logically man.� All this stuff you are talking about is not feasible.� I know you want to believe but use your melon.

You cannot walk into any place of business and pay in gold or silver so they do not have all the characteristics of money.� Any natural resource cannot be "printed into thin air", that does not make it money.� As I said, you could just as easily be talking about diamonds or plastic or wood or copper.� We are only talking about gold and silver because that is what is being marketed to the public and because gold used to back our currency when there was enough of it in existence to do so.

I am not saying dollars are money any more than gold or anything else people agree upon has value, is money.� I don't get why people all think gold has some intrinsic worth.� It's all perceived value.� It's worth comes from the same place the dollars worth comes from.��

Don't get me wrong I agree with you that the economy is messed up and the the system of money is flawed but I don't think you realize how horrible the conditions in this country would be if government spending was restricted to the amount of gold they had in their possession.� If wealth in this country was restricted to the amount of gold we were able to put into circulation peoples lives would be devastated.� Peoples lives may very well end up being devastated anyway but this will just speed up the process and if you ask me I think thats what they are aiming for.� You all are falling right into a trap.� Calling for your own demise.

devildog1776 wrote:

It's all on priorities... Gold will make you rich this time around simply because it will be scarce to the average individual...

It can only get you a used car if you sell it.� Did you sell it?� When will you sell it?� Do you have a price target?� What is the max drawdown you are willing to take?� You realize it is possible for it to go right back to $300 or less right?� Not saying that it will but if you haven't done any analysis or came up with your own valuation method then you are pretty much just gambling.� Trying to look into a crystal ball.
who said i have to convert it back into a currency to be able to trade it? why cant i just skip that step and go to trading silver for good or gold for a car? you measure it by WEIGHT just like our founding fathers original definition of the dollar was. It WAS a UNIT OF WEIGHT and you use that to trade for food which is measured in WEIGHT.

and whats wrong with people weighing their money? we use pens to identify if that money is fake or not why not a scale to determine the weight of the coin.

devildog1776 wrote:

that video is crazy.. i seen that a while ago....  its real out there... i dont think it will ever get to that point here because people will be sniping you for your silver and gold out here... you never know

devildog1776 wrote:

that video is crazy.. i seen that a while ago....  its real out there... i dont think it will ever get to that point here because people will be sniping you for your silver and gold out here... you never know

i need to start investing seriously, ive been putting it off because i dont have enough money, but i guess i have to start somewhere. . . . .

i need to start investing seriously, ive been putting it off because i dont have enough money, but i guess i have to start somewhere. . . . .

We been sitting sideways since june july..... 30 something dollar silver is still cheap.. 2012 will bring drastic changes so prices can double from here within a matter of days of any cataclysmic event.

We been sitting sideways since june july..... 30 something dollar silver is still cheap.. 2012 will bring drastic changes so prices can double from here within a matter of days of any cataclysmic event.

I got a question. I have a 3 quarters that are made of pure silver. I had 4 but I spent one lol. How much can 1 of them be worth?

I got a question. I have a 3 quarters that are made of pure silver. I had 4 but I spent one lol. How much can 1 of them be worth?

yo so ive realized silver is a GOOD hedge against gold confiscation cause most of the focus is on GOLD not silver when ti comes to that. if they did confiscate silver every tech or company that uses it will be mad doggy

yo so ive realized silver is a GOOD hedge against gold confiscation cause most of the focus is on GOLD not silver when ti comes to that. if they did confiscate silver every tech or company that uses it will be mad doggy

Back
Top Bottom