Shaq disses the Miami Heat; Riley not happy about it (Update: Shaq takes shot a KG)

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He dissed Penny, Kobe, Phil and now the Heat. Just a year ago he said Riley is the best coach he ever had.

He dissed Nash when he said the MVP title was tainted.
smh.gif

Amare deserves MVP over KG? KG plays no defense?
roll.gif

What I dont get is how everybody and they momma thought Shaq was the greatest when he was bashing Kobe and the Lakers and now all of a sudden everybodywants to throw him under a bus?
laugh.gif
Hillarious

This guy has bashed in no order:

Brian Hill
Nick Anderson
Penny Hardaway
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Phil jackson
Jerry Buss
Sacramento Kings
Pat Riley
Ricky davis
Chris Quinn
The Miami Heat Organization
Kevin Garnett

And that has spanned over his entire career. He has always been like that...

So you mean to tell me that all the
laugh.gif
have turned into
mad.gif
and
indifferent.gif
so quickly?

Shaq is a great player but he has cross the line!! I'm just waiting for him to diss D.Wade, when that happens be prepared for all hell to brake loose!!

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

Shaq is a great player but he has cross the line!! I'm just waiting for him to diss D.Wade, when that happens be prepared for all hell to brake loose!!

I think Wade has class though as far as handling other player bashing. So if he were to ever be hit by the shaq hating bug, e would probably do a nocomment or thats his opinion approach....

Steve Kerr Apologizes for Shaq's Comments

Friday, March 28, 2008

AUBURN HILLS, MICH. - Miami Heat coach Pat Riley isn't about to back down against his former center, Shaquille O'Neal.

"We have sutured up the stab wounds in the back so everybody's waiting for another onslaught,'' Riley said Thursday. "That's how we look at it.''

Riley was reacting to O'Neal's latest jab in which he told writers following the Suns' loss in Boston on Wednesday that he didn't "give a (expletive) that Riley is disappointed. Sue me."

The saga then took another twist Thursday when Riley received a call from Suns President Steve Kerr.

"I got a great call from Steve Kerr, who is absolutely embarrassed,'' Riley said. "He was embarrassed by it. And so I said, 'We are too.' We feel like we're two first-class organizations and I think the people should be aware of that.''

Reached Thursday while scouting the NCAA Tournament at the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Kerr declined to comment.

Kerr and Riley, though, spoke once again before the Heat's game against the Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Riley then issued a statement to clarify his comments.

"Steve and I did speak today but my characterization of him being embarrassed was an embellishment on my part,'' Riley said. "But we did agree that this will end today.''

O'Neal was advised on Thursday by the Suns organization to refrain from commenting any further on Riley and the Heat, according to an associate.

O'Neal, who often referred to his coach as "the great Pat Riley'' during his 31/2 seasons in Miami, was traded to the Suns on Feb. 6.

Riley said Wednesday "it's sad'' that O'Neal continues to take shots at Miami and that O'Neal got what he wanted when he was sent from the last-place Heat to the Suns, who were leading the Western Conference at the time.

"Am I surprised? No," Riley said. "Am I going to move on? Yes.''

O'Neal attempted to clarify his criticism of Ricky Davis and Chris Quinn late Wednesday. His unhappiness, he said, came from a lack of shots - something he groused about often in his final months in Miami - as a result of defenses not respecting his two teammates.

Yet, during his 33 games with the Heat this season, O'Neal averaged 9.9 shots per game. In 18 games with Phoenix he is averaging 7.6 shots.

O'Neal initiated the exchange by blaming the team's medical staff for his slow recovery from a hip injury before widening his criticism to Riley, Quinn and Davis.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal said of Mike D'Antoni and the Suns. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

Riley was aware of O'Neal's history when he acquired O'Neal in 2004. O'Neal was critical of Penny Hardaway after leaving Orlando and his relationship with Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson soured after he was traded to the Heat.

"I told him the first day that he got here that I don't want to hear anything,'' Riley said. "I don't want to hear anything about L.A.''

Riley said he also told Shaq he did not want to "hear one thing'' about former coach Stan Van Gundy when he resigned in December 2005.

"But he's a man of his own thinking,'' Riley said. "He's going to say what he wants to say.''

Wow, Shaq is totally off on this one. KG's defense is well-known. He's the engine on the defensive end for the Celtics, and when he was on theT'Wolves.

Dude's got the GM of his team apologizing for him.
laugh.gif

Not a good look.
smh.gif

I can hear it now. [deep voice] "I apologize for my GM apologizing for me. I don't need anyone to apologize for me. My father always taught me thatyou apologize for yourself, and that a grown man shouldn't have other people apologizing for him." [/voice]

I agree with everything about dissing your former teammates like that, especially calling out individual names, that's really messed up.

But KG plays no defense and Amare does? The Suns are one of the worst defensive teams in the league (Yes, I know my Warriors are down there too along with theenver Nuggets), and Boston is one of the best if not the best. How are you going to make that argument, Mr. Shaq?

Shaq is worthless. Hasn't been productive in years, but still think he's this huge force with right to control others. Every team and every teammatehe's worked with he has ended up talking some stupid nonsense about. He's immature and annoying. SMH at the comments at Ricky Davis and Chris Quinn. Iguess he figured those were the only 2 guys worse than him on that team, so he had to choose them to throw under the bus. Again, Shaq is worthless, and hasbeen for a while.

EDIT: Yeah dudes above are right, it will be Shaq vs. Steve Kerr soon for sure. Shaq can't face the reality that he's not as powerful as he thinks.

Back
Top Bottom