Shaq disses the Miami Heat; Riley not happy about it (Update: Shaq takes shot a KG)

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

eek.gif
roll.gif
Shaq keeping it real as always. Thats why i respect him. Dont sugar coat a damn thang. He could of called em garbage players if he wanted to. They lucky that shaq was nice enough to even mention their names why he speaks.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Please do all of us a favor and take notes from elmo....

Ballin:
Except for Shaq's comments about the Heat. That was uncalled for. Sure, Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time. But you wouldnt see Wilt or the Big O come out and say "At least im not with players like Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis".
There has to be some level of professionalism out there at some point.
JapanAir21:
I'm not trying to call you out in any way Ballin, but it always flustered me when people would say things like this. We never really know what any of these players said because no one really wrote down/recorded what these dudes said. In this day and age you can't say anything without it blowing up in the sports media (word to Jose Canseco
smh.gif
). I agree with you that it's not very professional of Shaq, but that's just not him, whether he was joking or being serious, that's how he is. Also I may be going out on a limb here, but I think Shaq likes big men MUCH MUCH more than guards because he can relate. Shaq seems to praise Amare much more than Nash, and whenever he was asked about Wade, he'd say, he's great, he's awesome, he's durable, whatever, but Shaq seems to be slurping Amare more than he ever slurped Wade/Nash right now. But going off on a tangent, how many things do we know that Big O and Wilt said? I mean we know about Shaq because he's still playing, people still care, you only hear about Big O, Wilt, Bill Russell when you hear them praising todays players. Shaq's going to TNT to kick it with Charles after he hangs them up, and do the same thing he's doing now.
laugh.gif

Why do people so frequently act like the era that Wilt and Russell and played was an era where mankind was still writing on cave walls tocommunicate and barely knew how to basic sounds?

And another thing: have the people around Wilt and Russell all died?
nerd.gif
Because 40 years from now, teammates and coaches of Shaq will still be able to tell a story of what kind of teammate he was, and the same holds true forRussell and Wilt.

We had plenty of means of recording the words said by star players back then, and they still had teammates that are very capable of telling what kind ofteammate they were. We don't know of them trashing the benchwarmers... because they didn't do it, not because they did but we were still working oninventing the wheel, so there was no way to record it.

Garnett doesn't play defense".

No way
laugh.gif
Dude is going to pick Amare over Garnett, and cite the fact that KG doesn't play defense as his reasoning? Anybody who has ever seen Amare playshould find this laughable.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Garnett doesn't play defense".

No way
laugh.gif
Dude is going to pick Amare over Garnett, and cite the fact that KG doesn't play defense as his reasoning? Anybody who has ever seen Amare play should find this laughable.
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's shaq for you. He rides for his team and throws just about everybody else under the bus. I can't believe he had the gull to saysomething stupid like that.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Ballin:
Except for Shaq's comments about the Heat. That was uncalled for. Sure, Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time. But you wouldnt see Wilt or the Big O come out and say "At least im not with players like Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis".
There has to be some level of professionalism out there at some point.
JapanAir21:
I'm not trying to call you out in any way Ballin, but it always flustered me when people would say things like this. We never really know what any of these players said because no one really wrote down/recorded what these dudes said. In this day and age you can't say anything without it blowing up in the sports media (word to Jose Canseco
smh.gif
). I agree with you that it's not very professional of Shaq, but that's just not him, whether he was joking or being serious, that's how he is. Also I may be going out on a limb here, but I think Shaq likes big men MUCH MUCH more than guards because he can relate. Shaq seems to praise Amare much more than Nash, and whenever he was asked about Wade, he'd say, he's great, he's awesome, he's durable, whatever, but Shaq seems to be slurping Amare more than he ever slurped Wade/Nash right now. But going off on a tangent, how many things do we know that Big O and Wilt said? I mean we know about Shaq because he's still playing, people still care, you only hear about Big O, Wilt, Bill Russell when you hear them praising todays players. Shaq's going to TNT to kick it with Charles after he hangs them up, and do the same thing he's doing now.
laugh.gif

Why do people so frequently act like the era that Wilt and Russell and played was an era where mankind was still writing on cave walls to communicate and barely knew how to basic sounds?

And another thing: have the people around Wilt and Russell all died?
nerd.gif
Because 40 years from now, teammates and coaches of Shaq will still be able to tell a story of what kind of teammate he was, and the same holds true for Russell and Wilt.

We had plenty of means of recording the words said by star players back then, and they still had teammates that are very capable of telling what kind of teammate they were. We don't know of them trashing the benchwarmers... because they didn't do it, not because they did but we were still working on inventing the wheel, so there was no way to record it.

Yeah, maybe I shouldnt have used those two specific players in my example. But the point I was trying to make is that if players that were not asoutspoken said something like that, we would all be shocked. Where as with Shaq, he has been outspoken his whole career. Im not surprised he said what he said,but I am disappointed because I thought he would be better professionally with his comments.

I guess, I dont even know where im going with this anymore
laugh.gif
stupid class takes me off of what Im thinking and trying to type.

The main thing I was trying to say, that there have been many individuals in the past who have their opinions, but dont present it that way. I thought Shaqmight be one of them, but after those comments, I dont view him like that anymore. Im not surprised he said what he did, but I am disappointed.

So scratch Wilt and O out of this discussion
laugh.gif

Wilt and O

Shaq has been on some other stuff lately. One of the main reasons he is losing some respect

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i don't think shaq is taking a shot at garnett, as much as he is just praising kobe
ohwell.gif
You don't consider him saying "Garnett doesn't play defense" a shot? That's almost as bad as Glen Taylor saying KG"tanked" last year. I'm bias because KG and TD are my favorite players, but what's the the point of saying such as thing.

hey he said Kobe is the MVP, that's as lubby dubby as he'll get, now that Shaq's in a better situation, of course he'll talk bad about thepast, most people do that, they don't look at who helped them along the way, its how it is really, in corporate world and real life, cruel and cuthroat,lotta backstabbing

it is what it is

shaq ain't changing, and i find it funny he says he doesn't have power like riles, you do have that power, I mean Riley didn't even fire back atyou that bad, smh thinking you don't have "power"

what other player gettin old and washed up can be traded from the WORST team to a better than good playoff team, if that's not some time of demand ofpower, then dunno what is

I'm going to have to go with my guy before him," he said, motioning to teammate Amare Stoudemire's locker. "All day, every day. Garnett doesn't play defense".
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KG plays No D shaq?? are you kidding me. your fat @%! played NO D and still one MVP awards and Amare plays some of the worst Defense in the NBA

i never really liked Shaq

smh.gif
at him for saying Stoudemire > KG and KG doesn't play D. plus that's just low taking a shot at his old team.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Originally Posted by SHUGES

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."
eek.gif
smh.gif

jackson_150.jpg

Come on Shaq. You're better than that.

laugh.gif
I actually heard mark jackson's voice in my head

laugh.gif
Me too
smh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by kash55

Shaq is always a jerk to his past team, no matter what...He just wants to make it everybody's fault but his, in all the situations(Orlando, LA, Heat)

True story.

That's why I've never liked dude, personally.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

shaq is a cancer.
"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I think I'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."
he has as much of a problem admitting to his faults as the people he's calling out.

perhaps even moreso. no one took shots at him. he's a petulant child.

Back
Top Bottom