Shaq disses the Miami Heat; Riley not happy about it (Update: Shaq takes shot a KG)

The $%@# is he supposed to say?

Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis $@%$%%% suck.
laugh.gif

Who the $%@# brings in Smush Parker, Ricky Davis, and Mark Blount and expects them to actually help their team get back to an Eastern conferenceTitle.
eyes.gif

Snaq gets a pass for a lot of his player hater antics...I guess because he can be very charismatic at times

But on another note, Snaq dissed Nash tonite after he got his ankles reconstructed by Rondo
laugh.gif

That's Shaq, take it or leave it. Riley turned his back on Shaq anyways, trading him after clearly saying that he wasn't going to get traded.

JapanAir21:
That's Shaq, take it or leave it. Riley turned his back on Shaq anyways, trading him after clearly saying that he wasn't going to get traded.
I see you, but... I mean, what does that have to do with Davis and Quinn, his former teammates?
laugh.gif
Dude just threw them right under the bus.

Piatkowski and Skinner: you make sure you're buttering up to Shaq while Big Cactus is in PHX, because wherever he goes next, you might be who he complainsabout next time.
roll.gif

It won't b 2 long b4 he falls out with the suns... dude has done this his whole career left orlando and praised LA... he left LA and dissed kobe, phil, andthe organization 4 2yrs while he rackin wins up n miami, now he goes 2 the suns and disses the heat dude is a joke

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:
I see you, but... I mean, what does that have to do with Davis and Quinn, his former teammates?
laugh.gif
Dude just threw them right under the bus.

Piatkowski and Skinner: you make sure you're buttering up to Shaq while Big Cactus is in PHX, because wherever he goes next, you might be who he complains about next time.
roll.gif

What I think he's coming from, is well you went from having a studded team with Posey, Kapono, Haslem, EJ, and GP. Riley goes ahead and trades awaymost of his team and what are they left with, a bunch of bench players. It's not so much that his teammates, but lets face is, Quinn is at best a 3rdstring PG on most teams in the League. Davis is alright, he's a good role player, but right now he's the Heat's star player! It's a toughsituation to be put in after winning a championship (
tired.gif
) just two years prior, and now they're bottom-feeders. As for Piatowski, dude is a legit ballplayer, if he was given a chance he'd be all-star material...

Nah I'm just messin.
laugh.gif
, but guys at the end of the bench of the Heat compared to the Suns players can't be compared, because those for the Heatkeep them in games, but Piatowski and Skinner are nothing now. Skinner was important earlier in the season, before Shaq came. Chris Quinn has brought the Heatback in many a games this year of his shooting, and it's the third-string PG for Christ sake! And now also he's on a TEAM that has a good offensegoing, and Mike is using Shaq instead of Riley just throwing Shaq in there. I think he's just really happy to have a change in scenery instead of beingforced into a crap situation in Miami. Compare the PG's for example, you have Steve Nash, and you had Jason Williams before. Shaq is getting involved inthe game, his teammates get him involved, that was not happening in Miami.

But this is just how I see it, I can be completely off.

And to reply to the dude above me, you don't see him dissing Wade...
tired.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Garnett was 12-for-19 from the field, showing his repertoire of baby hooks and short-range fallaways. He was also 6-for-6 from the line, sinking a pair of free throws with six minutes left as the crowd chanted for him to claim his second NBA MVP Award.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Celtics coach Doc Rivers said before the game that he wouldn't get involved in an MVP campaign that seems to be settling into a race between Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul. Given a chance to make a case for Garnett, Rivers said, "Our record."[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]O'Neal won the award in 2000 with Los Angeles before a well-publicized rift with Bryant led the Lakers to split the pair up. Asked who he liked in the MVP race, though, O'Neal said, "The Kobester. He's an assassin."
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]http://sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/NBA_20080326_PHO@BOS
[/font]

At least he's rooting for "the Kobester" to win MVP!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, I really don't think he has any animosity towards Kobe anymore, he's a grown man.
Theres no more animosity because Kobe is not taking anymore shine from the diva. Shaq never got the criticism he deserved when it came to what wasgoing on with him and Kobe. People just liked to blame it all on Kobe.

laugh.gif
, I really don't think he has any animosity towards Kobe anymore, he's a grown man.
Ive got the same feeling too. It seems they put the past where it belongs.

Except for Shaq's comments about the Heat. That was uncalled for. Sure, Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time. But you wouldnt see Wilt orthe Big O come out and say "At least im not with players like Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis".
There has to be some level of professionalism out there at some point.

Except for Shaq's comments about the Heat. That was uncalled for. Sure, Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time. But you wouldnt see Wilt or the Big O come out and say "At least im not with players like Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis".

I'm not trying to call you out in any way Ballin, but it always flustered me when people would say things like this. We never really know what any of theseplayers said because no one really wrote down/recorded what these dudes said. In this day and age you can't say anything without it blowing up in thesports media (word to Jose Canseco
smh.gif
). I agree with you that it's not very professional of Shaq, but that's just not him, whether he was joking orbeing serious, that's how he is. Also I may be going out on a limb here, but I think Shaq likes big men MUCH MUCH more than guards because he can relate.Shaq seems to praise Amare much more than Nash, and whenever he was asked about Wade, he'd say, he's great, he's awesome, he's durable,whatever, but Shaq seems to be slurping Amare more than he ever slurped Wade/Nash right now. But going off on a tangent, how many things do we know that Big Oand Wilt said? I mean we know about Shaq because he's still playing, people still care, you only hear about Big O, Wilt, Bill Russell when you hear thempraising todays players. Shaq's going to TNT to kick it with Charles after he hangs them up, and do the same thing he's doing now.
laugh.gif

Except for Shaq's comments about the Heat. That was uncalled for. Sure, Shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time. But you wouldnt see Wilt or the Big O come out and say "At least im not with players like Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis".

I'm not trying to call you out in any way Ballin, but it always flustered me when people would say things like this. We never really know what any of these players said because no one really wrote down/recorded what these dudes said. In this day and age you can't say anything without it blowing up in the sports media (word to Jose Canseco
smh.gif
). I agree with you that it's not very professional of Shaq, but that's just not him, whether he was joking or being serious, that's how he is. Also I may be going out on a limb here, but I think Shaq likes big men MUCH MUCH more than guards because he can relate. Shaq seems to praise Amare much more than Nash, and whenever he was asked about Wade, he'd say, he's great, he's awesome, he's durable, whatever, but Shaq seems to be slurping Amare more than he ever slurped Wade/Nash right now. But going off on a tangent, how many things do we know that Big O and Wilt said? I mean we know about Shaq because he's still playing, people still care, you only hear about Big O, Wilt, Bill Russell when you hear them praising todays players. Shaq's going to TNT to kick it with Charles after he hangs them up, and do the same thing he's doing now.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I see you. And in a way, I agree.

Thing is, if back in the day, we were to hear Wilt or Oscar go off like that, the whole world would be shocked.
Today, if we hear Shaq say what he said, we arent surprised. We may be disappointed, but not surprised.

Shaq brings an attitude to the NBA (as a whole) that literally cannot be duplicated. He is one of the most special players to ever play the game; skill wiseand personality wise. No questions about that. But at times, as we know, his personality does get in the way. I was just comparing to classy players back whoplayed back in the day.

I see your point, and totally understand. I guess, me personally, I wasnt surprised from his comments. I was disappointed, but not surprised. But, we all haveour own opinions on every topic.

eek.gif
roll.gif
Shaq keeping it real as always. Thats why i respect him. Dont sugar coat a damnthang. He could of called em garbage players if he wanted to. They lucky that shaq was nice enough to even mention their names why he speaks.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

No Shaq HAS NEVER been an exemplary teammate, but yet he gets all the praise wherever he goes and none of the blame.
Thats because hes a yes man to the media. You kiss the media's %** and be chumy chumy with them and give them a story, and they will never throwyou under the bus. Something is mentally wrong with shaq

Im going to ask my teacher, how ricky davis feels about this. +!!* it im going to ask him myself lol

You're kidding, right? Riley did Shaq a favor by trading Shaq to one of the best teams in the NBA in a comfortable environment and that's supposedto be a bad thing? Ask Shaq what he would've preferred...staying on a 9-40 team or playing in sunny Phoenix with a chance to win a 5th ring.

Back
Top Bottom