Serious topic...my girlfriend got attacked last night.

30t6p3b.gif
at people getting upset about somebody giving OP a response that is a highly likely outcome for his situation regardless of how blunt and unforgiving it was worded. It's not a movie or fairy tale. Fact is, most women are totally different after they're raped ("damaged goods" as he put it) and nobody was addressing that or giving OP a fair warning of what to expect. You don't have to be a psych major to know that--anybody who knows multiple people who have been raped can point out similarities in the way they changed after the incident.

Many of you either don't know many people or anybody who has been raped or are just completely out of tune with reality.

30t6p3b.gif
at people getting upset about somebody giving OP a response that is a highly likely outcome for his situation regardless of how blunt and unforgiving it was worded. It's not a movie or fairy tale. Fact is, most women are totally different after they're raped ("damaged goods" as he put it) and nobody was addressing that or giving OP a fair warning of what to expect. You don't have to be a psych major to know that--anybody who knows multiple people who have been raped can point out similarities in the way they changed after the incident.

Many of you either don't know many people or anybody who has been raped or are just completely out of tune with reality.

if this happened in LA i can help you out beat the #@%% out of them @$*!%@++$#%%#

if this happened in LA i can help you out beat the #@%% out of them @$*!%@++$#%%#

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

I know it's not what you we're looking to hear, but AS AN ACTUAL PSYCHOLOGY student, from my understanding it's always best to present
REAL LIFE options to the patient to reinforce the healing process upon a concrete foundation rather than abstract fail mechanical responses of "I'm sorry, things will get better".
YOU ARE A STUDENT.  YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. I'VE BEEN A PSSYCH GRAD SINCE 06.  WORKED IN THE FIELD FOR 5 YEARS AND AM NOW COMPLETING A MASTERS IN M.F.T.  
YOUR RESPONSE ALONE SHOWS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY NOR THE EMPATHY TO BE IN MY FIELD.  THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE MENTAL HEALTH FIELD QUICK TO THROW STATS AROUND LIKE THEY ARE GOSPEL.  THE MAN NEED EMPATHY YOU TOOL.

I USUALLY ENJOR YOUR REPLIES BUT AS A PEER IN YOUR FIELD I AM URGING YOU TO RECHECK YOUR PRIORITIES.  EVEN OVER THE INTERNET, IF YOU PLAN ON PURSUING A CAREER IN PYSCH, PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERATE.  

I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU POST YR STATS AND THAT'S NOT WHAT'S REQUIRED IN A MOMENT LIKE THIS.  MOST OF THE TIME PEOPLE FAIL IS BECAUSE THEIR MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS LIKE THE GENERAL PUBLIC TREAT CLIENTS, HERE A RAPE VICTIM, AS A MERE STAT.  ALSO OP COULD SUFFER FROM SECONDARY TRAUMA KNOWING WHAT HIS GIRLS JUST WENT THROUGH.

I TRY VERY HARD NOT TO PLACE MY PROFESSIONAL SIDE ON NT BC I MOW FOR THE MOST PART ITS ABOUT THE LULZ AND KICKS. BUT MY BRO PLEASE BE MORE AWARE AND MINDFUL NEXT TIME YOU WANNA COPY AND PASTE SOME STATS WHEN ALL THE OP PROB NEEDS IS AN EAR.

GOOD LUCK AND PAIX 

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

I know it's not what you we're looking to hear, but AS AN ACTUAL PSYCHOLOGY student, from my understanding it's always best to present
REAL LIFE options to the patient to reinforce the healing process upon a concrete foundation rather than abstract fail mechanical responses of "I'm sorry, things will get better".
YOU ARE A STUDENT.  YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. I'VE BEEN A PSSYCH GRAD SINCE 06.  WORKED IN THE FIELD FOR 5 YEARS AND AM NOW COMPLETING A MASTERS IN M.F.T.  
YOUR RESPONSE ALONE SHOWS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY NOR THE EMPATHY TO BE IN MY FIELD.  THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE MENTAL HEALTH FIELD QUICK TO THROW STATS AROUND LIKE THEY ARE GOSPEL.  THE MAN NEED EMPATHY YOU TOOL.

I USUALLY ENJOR YOUR REPLIES BUT AS A PEER IN YOUR FIELD I AM URGING YOU TO RECHECK YOUR PRIORITIES.  EVEN OVER THE INTERNET, IF YOU PLAN ON PURSUING A CAREER IN PYSCH, PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERATE.  

I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU POST YR STATS AND THAT'S NOT WHAT'S REQUIRED IN A MOMENT LIKE THIS.  MOST OF THE TIME PEOPLE FAIL IS BECAUSE THEIR MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS LIKE THE GENERAL PUBLIC TREAT CLIENTS, HERE A RAPE VICTIM, AS A MERE STAT.  ALSO OP COULD SUFFER FROM SECONDARY TRAUMA KNOWING WHAT HIS GIRLS JUST WENT THROUGH.

I TRY VERY HARD NOT TO PLACE MY PROFESSIONAL SIDE ON NT BC I MOW FOR THE MOST PART ITS ABOUT THE LULZ AND KICKS. BUT MY BRO PLEASE BE MORE AWARE AND MINDFUL NEXT TIME YOU WANNA COPY AND PASTE SOME STATS WHEN ALL THE OP PROB NEEDS IS AN EAR.

GOOD LUCK AND PAIX 

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

30t6p3b.gif

so it's ok to tell a man that his girl is now "damaged goods" and "gonna turn into a lesbian"? what's the point of telling him that?

30t6p3b.gif

so it's ok to tell a man that his girl is now "damaged goods" and "gonna turn into a lesbian"? what's the point of telling him that?

smh at some responses
eyes.gif
. Be there for her OP. Ensure her safety.. and i guess let time heal the wounds? ive never been in this kind of situation and i hope i never have to.
its almost unbelievable.. no one deserves that man. Gluck to you and your girl bro

smh at some responses
eyes.gif
. Be there for her OP. Ensure her safety.. and i guess let time heal the wounds? ive never been in this kind of situation and i hope i never have to.
its almost unbelievable.. no one deserves that man. Gluck to you and your girl bro

man this is like one of the things still left out there that scares me, my girl getting raped, no lie, i'd go on a striaght masscre if i found dudes, jails to good for them, wish her and u and the best OP

man this is like one of the things still left out there that scares me, my girl getting raped, no lie, i'd go on a striaght masscre if i found dudes, jails to good for them, wish her and u and the best OP

Originally Posted by oidreez

30t6p3b.gif

It's good not to sugarcoat things and give OP a false hope or unlikely expectation.  This is reality.  I know a lot of girls who have been raped, and they all have psychological issues regarding relationships and sex/intimacy.  I would imagine somebody would turn to NT or any online message board so they can get raw responses from people who aren't worried about being frank and honest for whatever reason.  I'm sure nobody wishes him the worst, but it is a bad situation and OP is going to be able to better handle it if he knows the realities of it from people who have gone through similar things.

Originally Posted by oidreez

30t6p3b.gif

It's good not to sugarcoat things and give OP a false hope or unlikely expectation.  This is reality.  I know a lot of girls who have been raped, and they all have psychological issues regarding relationships and sex/intimacy.  I would imagine somebody would turn to NT or any online message board so they can get raw responses from people who aren't worried about being frank and honest for whatever reason.  I'm sure nobody wishes him the worst, but it is a bad situation and OP is going to be able to better handle it if he knows the realities of it from people who have gone through similar things.

If you love her and truly want to be with her, you let her know that by staying beside her throughout all of this and talking to her whenever she needs to hear something other than her mind.

If you love her and truly want to be with her, you let her know that by staying beside her throughout all of this and talking to her whenever she needs to hear something other than her mind.

30t6p3b.gif
That's some filthy and foul $$$* and my heart goes out to your girl as well as you OP because it's gonna be rough and she needs you now more than she ever did.

30t6p3b.gif
That's some filthy and foul $$$* and my heart goes out to your girl as well as you OP because it's gonna be rough and she needs you now more than she ever did.

To all of you "
30t6p3b.gif
" , exactly what responses did you expect when you bring something like this on a SNEAKER FORUM? 
Seriously. If something like this happened to someone I know NT is damn sure the last place i'd go. The hell

To all of you "
30t6p3b.gif
" , exactly what responses did you expect when you bring something like this on a SNEAKER FORUM? 
Seriously. If something like this happened to someone I know NT is damn sure the last place i'd go. The hell

Back
Top Bottom