SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

I agree overall that the Hawks shouldn't trade Russell. I honestly wouldn't even think about it this upcoming season, but as it gets closer to 2020 and not much is improving I wouldn't rule it out.

I respect your opinion but I want to know why you believe it's the dumbest thing the Seahawks can do (outside of the you don't trade a franchise quarterback argument)? Russ just had one of his best seasons, if not his best, and the Seahawks missed the playoffs. He's almost 30 years old, has been extremely fortunate avoiding serious injury, and this team's O-Line situation doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon, especially with the lack a run game.

Seattle literally has to hit on every draft pick, which they don't have much of this year, for the next two seasons or make key signings moving forward, which will be difficult with limited money in the future if they have to pay Russell $30 million per year. I'd want Russ to be a Seahawk his whole career, but if it meant barely getting into the playoffs every year for the next 5-8 years then I'd be open to other options.

Because you trade Russ and now you're just hoping you can get another franchise QB. Just because we got lucky once with Russ doesn't mean we will again. Just look at all our failed QBs before Hasselbeck. QBs don't grow on trees. You keep them as long as possible.

Why not

Pretty good young player
Add depth to the 2ndary
Price is probably getting cheaper by the day all because old white men dont want young black men taking a knee for justice

Mcdougal is cool, but with Kam gone (I assume)...dont see why you dont at least a visit to add a player, he's gonna end up getting a prove it deal at this point

Why not

Pretty good young player
Add depth to the 2ndary
Price is probably getting cheaper by the day all because old white men dont want young black men taking a knee for justice

Mcdougal is cool, but with Kam gone (I assume)...dont see why you dont at least a visit to add a player, he's gonna end up getting a prove it deal at this point

I would think adding Reid would mean Thomas is gone. Plus they just added Alexander.

I would think adding Reid would mean Thomas is gone. Plus they just added Alexander.
Yeah I assumed Earl would still be in the fold but didnt factor in Alexander.

This all relies on Kam actually retiring but I still like Reid. Nobody is gonna touch him it seems

Yeah I assumed Earl would still be in the fold but didnt factor in Alexander.

This all relies on Kam actually retiring but I still like Reid. Nobody is gonna touch him it seems

Man I'd love to have Reid. Damn shame he gets hurt every year

Earl is gonna be tough to see leave , I don't really care about his message. One day he is saying Come Get Me and the next he wants to stay. Bottom line is the team isn't gonna be competing for a championship and his window is closing so you gotta consider a great offer. Dude is a HOFer
Earl’s message makes me now want to keep him at all costs no matter the offer.

Team is still one of the most talented in the league. Just have to hope the new coaching is average at best

I'm hearing the Hawks may trade the #18 for Cleveland's #33 and #35. That would be amazing for Seattle!

Back
Top Bottom