SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

tenor.gif

every year

The rumors months ago of Pete wanting to leave and now all this, could it be that Paul Allen sided with Pete and Schneider and allowed them to have complete control of personnel? I know it may be obvious, but there's no way they're allowing all of this without full backing of Allen.

What I was trying to say is that I'm sure they had to bare with certain players (or personalities) a little longer than they probably wanted to (i.e. Marshawn, Bennett, and/or Sherm). Especially when it came to legacy-type guys like Marshawn, Sherm, or even Earl. Do you guys think Pete and John have always had the green light to make ANY transaction ever?

I think Pete likes having those guys around and thinks he can keep them pointed in the right direction. With everything we know about Pete I’m pretty sure those type of personalities are thee re because of him not in spite of him

Paul Allen always came off as an owner who didnt like to overly involve himself in day ro day personnel decisions and always deferred to the ppl he hired

I have no insight whatsoever on that just a random hunch *shrugs*

From my understanding Paul doesn't involve himself with any of the football operations. He's more of a basketball guy and his heavily involved with the blazers

So much has happened while I was on vacation in Big Sur with limited access to wifi.

Well, Jordy, Suh, and ASJ all in play....

What yall think about a potential Demarco signing? Kinda meh on it

Hyde would have been nice but he went to the Browns :smh:

Im ok with Demarco at minimum only. This year's draft is heavy at RB though, so I would lean that way.

yeah man I'm so draft ready

At this point I'm kinda just hoping they just get a deal done with Sheldon and Duane, and maybe add one of the two in ASJ and Jordy

Sucks to be having to rebuild right in the middle of Russ’s prime. Thought they could have held on longer than this. I hope we strike some gold in the draft.

Per Jason La Canfora on Twitter: Hawks in discussion with multiple teams regarding Earl. Seeking 1st and 3rd round pick, may get more...

Damn man...Earl has been my favorite player...

If they get a first, a third, plus more....man, as much as i love earl, i would do it.

It would put them in great position for the draft as well as the cap to compete even more this year.

Last edited:
^^^
I agree, 1st and 3rd is a heck of a deal. Team would be in great position money-wise too but man it's a crappy feeling.

I see a lot of fans hating these moves but I kinda like it... For the past 2 seasons I've been saying we are not a true contender based on the holes on the team. A lot of teams would double down on that fake contender status but these moves show that Pete and John recognize it. Yeah it sucks to see legacy players go but it is better than slowly fading into age and oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom