Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

Originally Posted by Meb07

Anyone see the radio interview with Taylor about death from September?
tired.gif
Do you have a link by any chance?

My fav. player in the league too.. crazy$++!.

Can anybody help me get a White AUTHENTIC sz 50 before sunday??

Originally Posted by EG47

2007 been a pretty tough yr. RIP and God bless all those that have passsed.

If you think about it in terms of sports & entertainment -
Bill Walsh
Sean Taylor
Matt Barnes Mother
Frank Gore's Mother
Kanye's West Mother
and countless others...

Just a sad year in general. I've also had to deal with deaths to people close to me.
RIP once again. We Miss You.
Damian Nash
Darrent Williams
Joe Kennedy (just a couple days ago but overshadowed by ST's death)
Phil Rizzuto
Skip Prosser
Rod Beck
Chris Benoit
Josh Hancock

tired.gif
Man R.I.P. Sean. He was such a freak athelete and to know how he wasattempting to turn his life around with the birth of his daughter really makes me sad. My heart goes out to his family.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Cards' Rolle vows to honor childhood friend Taylor[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: November 28, 2007, 6:21 PM ET

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Still in disbelief of his childhood friend's shooting death, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle vowed Wednesday to make sure Sean Taylor is remembered.

He added he did not believe the killing was part of a burglary gone sour, and that Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami.

"He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he was pretty much scared every time he was down in Miami."

Rolle and Taylor, whose fathers were policemen in Homestead, Fla., started playing football together when they were 6 years old. They went on to become University of Miami teammates and NFL first-round draft picks. Both wore No. 21, Rolle for the Cardinals, Taylor for the Washington ********.

Rolle said he hadn't talked to Taylor in a while, and that the ******* had withdrawn from the crowd he hung around with to build a new life with his girlfriend and young daughter.

"There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"

Withdrawing from a bad crowd isn't easy, though, Rolle said.

"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people talking to Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

Rolle said his family rushed to the hospital to be with Taylor's family following the shooting.

"It really hasn't hit me yet," Rolle said, "the fact that I'm never going to see his face again, his ways, him performing on the field. My heart goes out to his girlfriend, his family, his little kid."

Rolle will leave immediately after Sunday's game against Cleveland on a flight to Miami, where he will attend Monday's memorial service. But Rolle wants fans to keep remembering Taylor as the player he was and the man he was becoming after some rough years.

"I'm going to keep his name alive," Rolle said. "Every time I make a play, I'm definitely going to mention him. I'm going to represent my 21 as his 21."

Rolle said he and Taylor became friends as 6-year-old teammates for the Homestead Hurricanes. Later, when they played against each other, Rolle was a running back and Taylor a linebacker.

"They'd call a sweep one way," Rolle said. "I would look at him on that side, and I would change the play myself and go the other way because I knew he would try to knock my head off."

Rolle was an All-American as a senior in 2004 and was picked eighth overall by the Cardinals. A year before, Taylor earned similar honors at Miami, then went to Washington as the fifth overall choice.

"I definitely will go out there and play and do everything I can do because I know how much he loved the game," Rolle said. "I don't think there was anyone who lived it or took it as seriously as he did. I just told myself I'm not going to let his name die. We started when we were 6 years old, and we're going to finish it together."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378

Today I was absolutely disgusted by what I heard today in Sport Management. The guest speaker was Brandon Steiner, CEO and owner of Steiner Sports. He saidthat because of who Sean was, the way he was acted toward the media and his reputation he will never be remembered. I just
smh.gif
after he said that.

Do you have a link by any chance?

I don't have the link, but this is what he said:

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington ********

you seriously dont think ST was involved in something unfavorable at some point that could have led to this?

maybe i was just being overly sensitive, but I just NEVER thought that what could have happened in ST's past could have come back to haunt him (ifthat's the case all). I think in general, we as fans have a tendency to put pro athletes on pedestals, and this was one of those instances on my part.Obviously death is a part of human life, but for someone that you respect and admire to be murdered? The fact that just about EVERYONE was shocked when ithappened is reason enough for me to know that I was not alone in my sentiments.

[h1]Andy Garcia: Taylor saved my niece's life[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Wed, Nov. 28, 2007[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]BY OSCAR CORRAL[/h3] [h3][email protected][/h3]
Actor Andy Garcia hailed his niece's slain boyfriend, NFL star Sean Taylor, as a ''free safety until the end'' who showed bravery in the last moments of his life to protect his family.

Garcia is the uncle of Jackie Garcia, Taylor's girlfriend, who was in the house when Taylor was shot Monday morning, and who hid under the sheets with the couple's 18-month old baby when Taylor confronted his killer. Garcia and her family have kept quiet, declining to speak to the media.

Their silence was broken by Andy, who spoke highly of Taylor.

''His heroic action on that tragic night saved their life and is a testament to his humanity and courage,'' Garcia said in his statement, which was provided to The Miami Herald through his manager, Joanne Colonna. ``His spirit will live forever, in our hearts and through the legacy of his achievements and the family he leaves behind.''

Garcia and Taylor met at Gulliver Prep School, an exclusive school in Miami-Dade county where Taylor shone on the field as a young man, leading the school to a state championship. Garcia was a successful soccer player.

The couple attended the University of Miami together and had their first child last year, also named Jackie.

''Sean was known to many as an extraordinary athlete and unquestionable teammate,'' Garcia said. ``To those of us who had the good fortune to count him as a member of our extended family, we will always remember him as a caring and loving individual especially to his new family, his precious daughter Jackie and to the love of his life and mother to his child my niece Jacqueline.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_dade/story/324186.html

but why still come after the man when he's turning his life around? dude is trying to raise a daughter.. people don't let %$%! go, that's the problem with cats today
Yeah, like people were saying, he was cleaning up his life, but that doesn't mean others around him were doing the same. Sad.....

It never made sense as a random burglary anyway.

The guy BROKE THROUGH a LOCKED DOOR like he knew for a fact Sean was in there and then fired two shots and left and didnt steal anything. come on now.

The amount of time he spends there during the season has to be so small that the chance of it being a coincidence are just extremely rare IMO .

Is it POSSIBLE it was a random robbery? sure but it is the most unlikely scenairo given what is known.

but why still come after the man when he's turning his life around? dude is trying to raise a daughter.. people don't let %$%! go, that's the problem with cats today

who ever killed him was not happy that he was turning his life around, they wanted to be part of seans life and when he said leave me alone they couldnt handle it, something like that looks to me is what happened.

who ever killed him was not happy that he was turning his life around, they wanted to be part of seans life and when he said leave me alone they couldnt handle it, something like that looks to me is what happened.

woah...chill with that. Thats straight jumping to conclusions, dont do that...all you (and I) know and knew from the jump is that whoever killed him was a hatin N', what context that was in, remains to be seen...leave it at that right now.

and that Jason Whitlock article, I mean, he's right about black on black crime being foul, but its been like this before hiphop is what it is now, its deeper than just a culture...its funny how he was on panel w/ BET and aint have nothin to say about this to those faces who live this culture he hates (where this topic coulda actually been brung to light)...

i'm siding with Rolle's take on the situation....i don't believe right now that it was a botched "random burglary" 1) there was aprevious break-in, 2)
The guy BROKE THROUGH a LOCKED DOOR like he knew for a fact Sean was in there and then fired two shots and left and didnt steal anything.
3) occured on probably the quietest/least busy night and time of the week....not sure how it is in his neighborhood or in yours, but in most Iwould assume, a Sunday night leading into monday morning, you have a lesser chance of any witnesses outside...

His past is not anything to hold against him, but it might have crept back up on him. As young adults who are coming into their own as adults, some make moremistakes than others ---- it might even take some til their late 20s or even later to clean out their closet from past associations.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Frank Gore has plenty of reasons to feel battered this season.

The pain in his injured ankle and the hurt from the San Francisco 49ers' disappointing season are small next to the tragedy of hismother's death - and now the murder of Sean Taylor, his close friend.

Yet the running back returns to work each day with purpose and patience, believing he can persevere through any setback. Gore'sfaith was rewarded in a remarkable game against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday - and tested again one day later, when Taylor was shot.

"Miami, it's a tough city," said Gore, who knows South Florida's mean streets well. "A lot of people are jealousof guys who've got better stuff than them. I've thought about it when I go back to see my family and my kids. I've got to be careful."

Gore had known Taylor since both played in the Pop Warner leagues in Miami's grittiest neighborhoods. They maintained a friendshipthrough high school and into college, when both chose the University of Miami.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Miami | Taylor | Arizona Cardinals | Gore | Frank | University of Miami | Coach Mike Nolan

Though Taylor, the Washington ******** safety who died Tuesday after a shooting at his home in Miami, left school a year earlier thanGore, they still stayed in touch. The 24-year-olds spoke for the last time after Gore's mother, Liz, died in mid-September.

"At the University of Miami, all the boys that come out of there are like brothers," Gore said. "It's like losing mybrother. ... It's just tough on me, losing my mom and losing a friend who I played ball with, who I knew from younger days."

The news erased much of Gore's good feeling from his performance in Arizona during the 49ers' 37-31 overtime victory, snappingan eight-game losing streak. The NFC's offensive player of the week rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns, making a 35-yard scoring run in the finalseconds of regulation, and finished with a career-best 11 receptions for 98 yards.

[h1]********' slain Taylor honoured in pre-game ceremony by Capitals[/h1]
35 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The Washington Capitals honoured slain Washington ******** safety Sean Taylor with a pre-game moment of silence and video tribute Wednesday night.

Capitals backup goalie Brent Johnson, sitting on the bench during the game against the Florida Panthers, wore a burgundy ******** hat in Taylor's memory.

"The tragic loss of Sean Taylor has affected the entire Washington community," public address announcer Wes Johnson told the crowd. "We all feel a tremendous amount of sadness over his untimely death."

The above-ice scoreboard showed still photographs and videotape of Taylor playing football for his Florida high school, the University of Miami and the ********. The screen then faded to black, with white lettering showing his name, uniform number and dates of birth and death.

Taylor was shot early Monday at his home in Florida and died Tuesday.

dyyhard, I understand your "theory"

and I also understand and know where Rolle is coming from all to well.

but , a killing as the result of a botched robbery or burglary happens quite often, and almost all the time nothing gets stolen because the assailant panicsand flees.

I mean, what is the "perpetrator" supposed to do, fire off rounds, making alot of noise and awakening neighbors, then stick around to sift thrudresser draws . c mon.

and trust me, there are alotta cats that in the back of their minds wish this was not some random act because they want to continue to believe this can nothappen to them.

If this was something other than random, the buzz in the street will be there, same way it kicked up a few months afte Bryan Pata was gunned down. After awhileeveryone knew that it was about some dirt and not some random killing

I just want the Facts to come out, no more rumors, or pieced together agatha christie murder mysteries

"No disrespect to Taylor, but he controlled the way he would be remembered by the way he lived. His immature, undisciplined behavior with his employer,his run-ins with law enforcement, which included allegedly threatening a man with a loaded gun, and the fact a vehicle he owned was once sprayed with bulletsare all pertinent details when you've been murdered."-Whitlock

That article was great. He made a lot of important points. I am almost certain this was not random. This is all to perfect to be random. It is a very sadsituation and i hope we know what happens when this all comes out.

I too believe that it wasnt just a robbery, on the fact that his house was just broken into a week before (and was anything reported stolen then?)...but thatwhole thing my mans ^^^ up there talkin bout like "he couldnt live with Sean tellin him he couldnt mess wit him, and he couldnt take it", wholegossip story like that was his mans before, dont jump to all that...I get tight about that.

on_line.gif
GUNNA GET IT

it's not really a theory, or a well composed one at that....bc I would really have to look deep into it...then maybe I could write a Agatha Christiebook....but I'm not a criminologist, just a pro athlete/criminologist wannabe/loser on NT...
laugh.gif
. it's just things that stick out...i just don't think it was a botched robbery at all.....I too, want facts as they come along....and notan ex-lawyers theory either....

I mean, what is the "perpetrator" supposed to do, fire off rounds, making alot of noise and awakening neighbors, then stick around to sift thru dresser draws . c mon.
Gunna I havent formally formed my opinion yet either to be honest. I was just thinking what we know SO FAR and that is not very much.

But this part that you wrote is interesting to me because the "perpetrator" seemed to waste no time going into the bedroom. Regardless of whether itwas random or not I think we can both agree on there was SOMETHING in that bedroom they wanted. Because if robbery was the true intent I am 100% sure there wasplenty of stuff to steal instead of busting through a locked door.

Im playing a little devil's advocate here and I personally just want the facts but it doesnt add up one bit.

On another note..If I had a gun and come into a place and see Meast staring me down with a machete Im going to shoot him to but like i said we will only knowthe truth with the facts but it is shady if you ask me.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get an authentic or replithentic jersey of his (either color) without paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on eBay?I'm in the MD/DC/VA area, so stores have been sold out ever since 10 AM on Tuesday. Anybody out in the midwest or something able to find one? I'dGREATLY appreciate it if somebody could find one for me. Thank you.

"No disrespect to Taylor, but he controlled the way he would be remembered by the way he lived. His immature, undisciplined behavior with his employer, his run-ins with law enforcement, which included allegedly threatening a man with a loaded gun, and the fact a vehicle he owned was once sprayed with bullets are all pertinent details when you've been murdered."-Whitlock

That article was great. He made a lot of important points. I am almost certain this was not random. This is all to perfect to be random. It is a very sad situation and i hope we know what happens when this all comes out.

Sean Taylor made those mistakes as a young kid with a lot of money in his early 20's. As Joe Theisman pointed out, how many of us would want what YOU didand all the mistakes YOU made as a 20 year old to be broadcasted to the world and to be labeled unfairly as a delinquent just because you made a few mistakes?He was clared of the DUI charge and had put all his other mistakes behind him. He was a tremendous person who had overcome a mistake-filled past to become agreat man and a hardworking football player who left it all on the field.

Whitlock is partially right that Taylor controlled how people perceived him with some of the things he did. What he fails to mention is that Sean'smistrust of the media has been validated, as journalists have insisted on harping on his negative past while rushing to make unfair snap judgments about hischaracter without even ever knowing Sean or doing any research. ESPN even mentioned all the times Taylor was fined for hard hits on the field to paint him as athug, aside from mentioning his criminal past. I find it disgusting that in the wake of something like this, people who don't even know the guy are castinghim in a negative light and saying they weren't surprised by his death. Really? A guy who never went out, never went to the club, didn't drink, went tothe ********' chapel service every week for the past two years, loved his daughter to death and was the nicest guy any kid could meet. You'd expect aguy like that to do something to warrant being murdered in his own home? No you wouldn't. But the media didn't judge him based on these things, theyjudged him by the only thing they knew, his criminal past. Perhaps Sean should have opened up more to the media and we would have readily known what kind ofguy he was, but he owes us nothing. He's not obligated to do that. What ISN'T ok is for idiots in the media to make assertions that are way offbase andspeak about it like they are even qualified to have an opinion on the matter. What the hell do Colin Cowhere and Bill O'Reilly know about Sean Taylor? Iguarantee you neither has read more than a couple pages of articles on him in their lives. Perhaps even less. Yet they feel qualified in calling him a thug andsaying his death is unsurprising because they read a few headlines about him a couple years ago.

But this part that you wrote is interesting to me because the "perpetrator" seemed to waste no time going into the bedroom
Yea, but ...

No one knows the timeline, those people could have been in that house for 15 mins before Sean and jackie heard a noise.

also, when his house was broken into last time, they did go thru his stuff as if looking for something. so its not like whoever just broke in the house andplaced a knife on his bed and that was it.

I know it seems like Im goin out my way to refute peoples theories but like everythin else, let the facts come to the surface. Seems like everyone is in a rushto be like "I knew it" instead of letting things play out. I can remember back to the Duke lacrosse case, when there was a huge thread of peoplecrucifying the lacrosse players and I was like the only one that spoke out and said that it doesnt seem right and let the facts come out.

No matter what Sean was invovled with in his past, whether people were upset with him, whether they wanted to force their way back into his pocket and life, Hedid not deserve to be gunned down, he should not have had to decide to lay down his life to protect his lady and child. he didnt "bring it onhimself"

loved his daughter to death
Unfortunately yet lovingly he gave his life for his seed
thats all he is guilty of

Back
Top Bottom