Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

Here's more from Wilbon....I don't like this one bit. To say he wasn't surprised that ST died? What the hell?
He sure didnt sound like that on PTI.
tired.gif

Wilbon is on The Mike Tirico show.

He does make good points

Sean may have changed, but that doesnt mean others were on his agenda.

4.4 speed wont let you outrun your past.

Its a hard and uncomfortable convo to have, but it's real.

Seriously guys, if it comes out that Sean brought this on himself, would you all be surprised?

god bless Sean and his family.

coming up 3:15 | Miami-Dade Police Director Robert Parker News Conference Regarding Sean Taylor Murder Investigation

Initial reports indicated that the phone lines to the house had been cut. Police say that was not true, but the phone service to the house was not working. They were able to recover finger prints and other evidence from the break in and will compare it with evidence collected from a second break in 8 days earlier.

They were able to recover finger prints and other evidence from the break in and will compare it with evidence collected from a second break in 8 days earlier.
Good Job.

Please Let this lead to the shooter.

brought this on himself
wow
smh.gif
, just wow
I see this national enquirer type journalisim that ESPN and the likes are doing are starting to wear some of you down.

you guys are SPAZZZIN

Im not saying he did bring it on himself.

I believe he didnt.

But im just saying, you all know Sean had gun issues and confrontational issues before and I believe he changed for the greater good and for his family. BUTThat doesnt mean the people he had issues with changed as well. I wish they did and had left him and hs family be.

Burgalars break is homes to burgalarize, not to kick in doors and shoot people.

Wilbon's timing was insensitive but not irrational in the long run.

2007 been a pretty tough yr. RIP and God bless all those that have passsed.

If you think about it in terms of sports & entertainment -
Bill Walsh
Sean Taylor
Matt Barnes Mother
Frank Gore's Mother
Kanye's West Mother
and countless others...

Just a sad year in general. I've also had to deal with deaths to people close to me.
RIP once again. We Miss You.

Here's more from Wilbon....I don't like this one bit. To say he wasn't surprised that ST died? What the hell?

you dont understand his context... on PTI he said "i was shocked, but not surprised". he means that obviously the sudden death came as a shock tohim, but Taylor wasnt exactly the last guy he would think could ever get gunned down. you seriously dont think ST was involved in something unfavorableat some point that could have led to this?

most people aren't calling him a "black thug" or anything, just a good kid who couldnt turn his life around completely before his past caught upto him.

I heard on ESPN that the phone lines were cut as well.

His house had been broken into a week earlier. The police are still not sure if the two are connected. They are looking into it to see if whoever broke in hadleft a way for themselves to get in this time.

Also, i wonder why he did not have a gun under his bed, but a machete? Is there something from preventing him from owning a gun? Or did he just not have one?

RIP

its funny how the word "thug" is always used towards black people....ive never heard the media nor fans call white people thugs....they just makeexcuses about what they do.....all the f'in time

Also, i wonder why he did not have a gun under his bed, but a machete? Is there something from preventing him from owning a gun? Or did he just not have one?

Because of his prior run in 's w/ the law, he can't have a gun...

[h6]Posted at 4:10 PM ET, 11/28/2007[/h6] [h3]Funeral Monday in Miami[/h3]
Some players and Coach Gibbs just spoke coming off the field. I'll post things as I can.

Coach Joe Gibbs said the funeral will take place on Monday.

The meeting this morning lasted about 2 hours in the auditorium, players said, with players reporting at 8. Coach Joe Gibbs and owner Daniel Snyder spoke, and the players had no idea Sean's family would be there. But Pedro Taylor and Sean's family arrived, including his girlfriend Jackie, his mom and an uncle. Jackie Garcia and Pedro Taylor both addressed the team, in what players said were highly emotional moments. Players said they took courage and inspiration from the words of Jackie and Pedro, both of whom urged them that the best way to honor Sean was to play as hard as they can in the passionate fashion he played.

Tailback Clinton Portis also spoke, and he too broke down a bit recalling his experiences with Sean. Team chaplain Brett Fuller also addressed the team. Safety Pierson Prioleau and others said they had the chance to hug Sean's family and voice their support at the end of the meeting. Sean's family has since flown back to Miami.

After the meeting players said they tried to regain composure, then the team went through a truncated remainder of the day, shuffling off to position meetings and getting ready for practice, which lasted from about 2-3:30.

Coach Gibbs also said that he took solace in the words of San Francisco Coach Mike Nolan, one of many NFL coaches to phone him. Nolan lost a player a few years back. Denver Coach Mike Shanahan, who lost a player to a shooting last season, also called.

^ is that his kid or a fan's kid? Cause I saw the letter on the news that the man sent it in with. He was talking about how Sean came and spoke to his kidsand took pics and gave them autographs. So I was just thinking that the baby was the fan's kid as well.

Haven't had time to post on this but R.I.P... Sounds like he was changing his life around with the birth of his daughter. Sad, Very sad

Miami police: Taylor burglary 'random'

******** safety Sean Taylor appears to have been the victim of a random burglary attempt, authorities in Miami said today.

VIDEO: Police: Taylor burglary 'random'

"There's nothing that indicates that this is something that involved Sean," Robert Parker, the director of the Miami-Dade police department, said during a press briefing. "We're more along the lines of the thought process that this is a random occurence."

Washington ******** safety Sean Taylor died early yesterday morning of a gunshot wound, and Florida law-enforcement authorities said they are investigating whether he was targeted or the victim of an armed burglar.

Taylor died about 5:30 a.m. in a Miami hospital, 28 hours after he was shot by an intruder in his home in Palmetto Bay, Fla.

Miami-Dade police spokesman Robert Williams said only that the investigation was in its early stages. But authorities close to the probe and others familiar with Taylor said police have focused on a connection between the shooting and a burglary attempt earlier this month at Taylor's home, during which someone left a kitchen knife on a bed.

"This kid was assassinated; it was a hit," said one longtime Taylor friend with ties to the National Football League. "With the knife beside the bedside, it was obvious they came looking for him."

No arrests were made in the first break-in, which, according to police records, occurred between 7 p.m. Nov. 17 and midnight Nov. 18. That intruder entered the house after prying open a front window, went into several rooms and rifled through drawers and a safe in the bedroom.

"They're really sifting through that incident to see if there's any correlation," Miami-Dade detective Mario Rachid said.

Taylor's former lawyer, Richard Sharpstein, who has served as the family's spokesman since the shooting, told The Washington Times that he thinks the two break-ins at the Taylor home are "definitely related."

"I will continue to raise the suspicion that they are connected," Mr. Sharpstein said. "In my opinion, they were either sending a message by leaving the knife on the bed or flaunting the fact that they knew where he lived."

Mr. Sharpstein, a veteran defense attorney and former prosecutor, said he did not think the intruder intended to kill Taylor, thinking instead that he would be traveling with the ******** to Tampa for their game against the Buccaneers on Sunday.

He said it was a "fluke" that Taylor was at home, saying he had returned to Miami with the permission of the ******** to get a second opinion on his injured knee.

"It was only by chance that he was home, a very bad chance," said Mr. Sharpstein, a longtime friend of Taylor and his family.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20071128/SPORTS01/111280062/1023

That is so hard to believe that it was random considering what happened 9 days ago.

Was anything stolen during the first break-in? If not, why would the guy come back to steal again?

Man, this is so hard to realize. I mean, I never really followed Sean Taylor too much. But to realize a guy, at the age of 24, was murdered in his own home, istragic to say the least. It just makes you realize how precious life really is.

Rest in Peace Mr. Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom