Sayin Wassup (or Head nod up or down, Hello, Hey) to Strangers

I noticed when I lived in Texas people would acknowledge each other in some way (head nod or smile or good morning) but here in Chicago I can be in an elevator with one other person and we act like no one is there. I also noticed people are more likely to talk to me when I'm dressed in a shirt and tie for work than on my day off when I'm white tee'n it up.

I noticed when I lived in Texas people would acknowledge each other in some way (head nod or smile or good morning) but here in Chicago I can be in an elevator with one other person and we act like no one is there. I also noticed people are more likely to talk to me when I'm dressed in a shirt and tie for work than on my day off when I'm white tee'n it up.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I noticed that if it's a young person, I nod my head up,
if it's an older person, I nod my head down
Couldn't have broken it down any simpler than that.

Also, along w/ the head down gesture a subtle grin is included.
laugh.gif

THIS! 

i like the Nod because you cant get mistakenly dissed.

like when you say whats up and the person doesn't reply.

but its all good with the head nod .
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I noticed that if it's a young person, I nod my head up,
if it's an older person, I nod my head down
Couldn't have broken it down any simpler than that.

Also, along w/ the head down gesture a subtle grin is included.
laugh.gif

THIS! 

i like the Nod because you cant get mistakenly dissed.

like when you say whats up and the person doesn't reply.

but its all good with the head nod .
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER
I feel you OP.
pimp.gif

Any black person I've ever walked pass that always happens. Saying stuff like what's good but it's usually a dap most of the time. I'm always like wth I don't even know that guy oh well.
laugh.gif

White ppl make it hella weird constant eye contact then a fake smile, then I'm like oh good morning.
Pretty much everything else you said is somewhat true.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER
I feel you OP.
pimp.gif

Any black person I've ever walked pass that always happens. Saying stuff like what's good but it's usually a dap most of the time. I'm always like wth I don't even know that guy oh well.
laugh.gif

White ppl make it hella weird constant eye contact then a fake smile, then I'm like oh good morning.
Pretty much everything else you said is somewhat true.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i noticed black people respond more to this also
This.I'm asian myself. I tried doing this today to my own people some random asian dude at my job he was all ignoring me lol..

I noticed the Asians who born and raised in the States respond well, mainly young Filipino, Cambodian, Laotian and other South-East Asians. East Asians or FOBs who dont know too much english just ignore you.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i noticed black people respond more to this also
This.I'm asian myself. I tried doing this today to my own people some random asian dude at my job he was all ignoring me lol..

I noticed the Asians who born and raised in the States respond well, mainly young Filipino, Cambodian, Laotian and other South-East Asians. East Asians or FOBs who dont know too much english just ignore you.
ohwell.gif

give head nod for approval..and swag... i get lots of head nods when i got a decent fit OR a smaller guy is in presence and its like a code of respect and acknowledging they see you. Never try to give a head nod after you just checked out his girl
roll.gif
doesnt go to good you will get a smirk and a head shake 'no'

give head nod for approval..and swag... i get lots of head nods when i got a decent fit OR a smaller guy is in presence and its like a code of respect and acknowledging they see you. Never try to give a head nod after you just checked out his girl
roll.gif
doesnt go to good you will get a smirk and a head shake 'no'

I give the nod up. I work in a field where it is all white males pretty much (government). I have to say it is true that it is done with blacks more. whenever I see another black guy in my travels I always give the head nod up.

I give the nod up. I work in a field where it is all white males pretty much (government). I have to say it is true that it is done with blacks more. whenever I see another black guy in my travels I always give the head nod up.

During a trip in DR I was chilling on a park bench with my lady, a young fella was looking dead at us, so I gave him the head nod down but then he began walking towards us, then he stood there. So I asked (en español), "what's up man, you need something?" Dude said, "nah thought you needed something because you went like this *head nods down* telling me to come over". I was like "oh my bad man, I was just greeting you".

Must admit ever since, specially at work (professional environment), I just speak up and verbally greet you. The greeting might change depending who it is.

While I'm at it pet peeved confession time:
-Dislike when I greet someone and they don't say nothing back (I wonder if I didn't speak up loud enough or what)
-Dislike when it's a simple "hi, how are you doing?" directed at a young lady but they take it as if I'm trying to "talk" to her, spit game, or gets gassed lol
-Dislike when I hold the door for someone but they don't say thanks or anything. I usually hit them with the "you WELCOME!!!!"

During a trip in DR I was chilling on a park bench with my lady, a young fella was looking dead at us, so I gave him the head nod down but then he began walking towards us, then he stood there. So I asked (en español), "what's up man, you need something?" Dude said, "nah thought you needed something because you went like this *head nods down* telling me to come over". I was like "oh my bad man, I was just greeting you".

Must admit ever since, specially at work (professional environment), I just speak up and verbally greet you. The greeting might change depending who it is.

While I'm at it pet peeved confession time:
-Dislike when I greet someone and they don't say nothing back (I wonder if I didn't speak up loud enough or what)
-Dislike when it's a simple "hi, how are you doing?" directed at a young lady but they take it as if I'm trying to "talk" to her, spit game, or gets gassed lol
-Dislike when I hold the door for someone but they don't say thanks or anything. I usually hit them with the "you WELCOME!!!!"

Originally Posted by crobers 78

@ OP...Go to NY n do this n you will get the gas face all day, ijs
this.
smh.gif
@ myself but i give strangers the
alien.gif
if the even say hi to me, like idk you man

Originally Posted by crobers 78

@ OP...Go to NY n do this n you will get the gas face all day, ijs
this.
smh.gif
@ myself but i give strangers the