Sayin Wassup (or Head nod up or down, Hello, Hey) to Strangers

one of my boys decided to give a head nod to some passerby..and he pulled a gun for no reason..fought for dude gun and bit his hand to get it...all ova the news and everything...crazy

one of my boys decided to give a head nod to some passerby..and he pulled a gun for no reason..fought for dude gun and bit his hand to get it...all ova the news and everything...crazy

i usually walk with my head up and if i walk by people, i usually try to make eye contact. if they look at me, i just smile and depending on how fast we're walking towards each other, i'll say "good morning" or "hi" before we go on our ways.

before i stared volunteering at a hospital i NEVER did this though... but because in a hospital setting everyone always says hi to everyone else, it kinda carried over to my everyday life.

i usually walk with my head up and if i walk by people, i usually try to make eye contact. if they look at me, i just smile and depending on how fast we're walking towards each other, i'll say "good morning" or "hi" before we go on our ways.

before i stared volunteering at a hospital i NEVER did this though... but because in a hospital setting everyone always says hi to everyone else, it kinda carried over to my everyday life.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

I do it occasionally...but does it really matter about race?

Race doesn't matter but what I think OP is trying to say is that in these situtuations blacks etc are more responsive. And I'd also have to agree with him. I guess it just may be something that we (African Americans) are used to doing.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

I do it occasionally...but does it really matter about race?

Race doesn't matter but what I think OP is trying to say is that in these situtuations blacks etc are more responsive. And I'd also have to agree with him. I guess it just may be something that we (African Americans) are used to doing.

Im spanish but I look white and I do this all the time, but nobody everydoes it back

Im spanish but I look white and I do this all the time, but nobody everydoes it back

Used to nod up, but over time i began to just nod down.

Mostly because i would sometimes jerk my head and nod up extra fast or extra far and it would just look mad weird
laugh.gif

Used to nod up, but over time i began to just nod down.

Mostly because i would sometimes jerk my head and nod up extra fast or extra far and it would just look mad weird
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beezylocks

some times i feel like doing this makes dude u did it to feel like they got swag cuz some random dude saying wassup to them
does that make sense?
You're trying to find something negative in the action way too hard, it's just a cordial gesture.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

People who don't nod back are give any type of cordial greeting/response are probably scared and presume you to be plotting on them
Sad but true.

I give people acknowledgment all day, if we make eye contact i'll give em a "sup" or a "how's it goin man", if in some sort of work uniform they get a "rough day today bro?" or something of the sort.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

some times i feel like doing this makes dude u did it to feel like they got swag cuz some random dude saying wassup to them
does that make sense?
You're trying to find something negative in the action way too hard, it's just a cordial gesture.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

People who don't nod back are give any type of cordial greeting/response are probably scared and presume you to be plotting on them
Sad but true.

I give people acknowledgment all day, if we make eye contact i'll give em a "sup" or a "how's it goin man", if in some sort of work uniform they get a "rough day today bro?" or something of the sort.

I do this.

I agree that black people are more prone to respond or initiate the nod.

I remember my dad used to always do it to black guys on the street and i thought it was some sort of secret black panther thing

I do this.

I agree that black people are more prone to respond or initiate the nod.

I remember my dad used to always do it to black guys on the street and i thought it was some sort of secret black panther thing

i noticed black people respond more to this also

any one remember the "we black hook up" thread?
laugh.gif

i noticed black people respond more to this also

any one remember the "we black hook up" thread?
laugh.gif

too many people go through their days w. "the world is against me" attitude. why cant everyone just be cool, and share respect no matter age/race, etc.

too many people go through their days w. "the world is against me" attitude. why cant everyone just be cool, and share respect no matter age/race, etc.

the only stranger that I remember exchanging a greeting with me was some black guy.

we parked next to each other, and I gave him the nod and we commented about how nice the weather was.

Then I'm in the gym locker room, saw this white guy coming in, said hello, and he got all surprised for hearing it. None of us were butt naked by the way.

the only stranger that I remember exchanging a greeting with me was some black guy.

we parked next to each other, and I gave him the nod and we commented about how nice the weather was.

Then I'm in the gym locker room, saw this white guy coming in, said hello, and he got all surprised for hearing it. None of us were butt naked by the way.

Back
Top Bottom