Sayin Wassup (or Head nod up or down, Hello, Hey) to Strangers

did this to a white guy the other day...he looked away immediately and i thought of this thread
laugh.gif

when i do it to black people they already know what it is...

did this to a white guy the other day...he looked away immediately and i thought of this thread
laugh.gif

when i do it to black people they already know what it is...

i'll say hey how are you doing or hello to women and old people. i would feel gay if i said hi to a random guy thats around my age. asians always ignore me.

i'll say hey how are you doing or hello to women and old people. i would feel gay if i said hi to a random guy thats around my age. asians always ignore me.

Originally Posted by derry1

one of my boys decided to give a head nod to some passerby..and he pulled a gun for no reason..fought for dude gun and bit his hand to get it...all ova the news and everything...crazy

Chicago or Cleavland?

Great topic matter, op.
I find myself looking away fast or looking at the walls when it's a long hallways.

I need to dial this stranger-nod in. People always think I have something to say like reaching for their earbud to hear me out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by derry1

one of my boys decided to give a head nod to some passerby..and he pulled a gun for no reason..fought for dude gun and bit his hand to get it...all ova the news and everything...crazy

Chicago or Cleavland?

Great topic matter, op.
I find myself looking away fast or looking at the walls when it's a long hallways.

I need to dial this stranger-nod in. People always think I have something to say like reaching for their earbud to hear me out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by crobers 78

@ OP...Go to NY n do this n you will get the gas face all day, ijs
this.
smh.gif
@ myself but i give strangers the
alien.gif
if the even say hi to me, like idk you man

Lol, let me guess...you are from NY?

yes sir. all that friendly " hi how you doing' crap has my suspicious radar on high alert
tired.gif

LMAO! Why is that, plse tell? I have a lot of Fam in Jersey n NY so I know how yall do but i would like to hear your reasoning on this.
In LA we call it being cordial but I mean if someone just walks passed you or sits right down next to you and says hello n you ignore them is beyond me...

this.
smh.gif
alien.gif

yes sir. all that friendly " hi how you doing' crap has my suspicious radar on high alert
tired.gif

LMAO! Why is that, plse tell? I have a lot of Fam in Jersey n NY so I know how yall do but i would like to hear your reasoning on this.
In LA we call it being cordial but I mean if someone just walks passed you or sits right down next to you and says hello n you ignore them is beyond me...

this.
smh.gif
alien.gif

tired.gif

often the sidewalks are simply too packed to be doing all of that. People are just trying get where their trying to go and could give a %!%% about you. Also some people, like me, dont want that hello to turn into some awkward conversation, especially while waiting for a bus or a train. thats why i dont step foot outside without my headphones. 
tired.gif

this.
smh.gif
alien.gif

tired.gif

often the sidewalks are simply too packed to be doing all of that. People are just trying get where their trying to go and could give a %!%% about you. Also some people, like me, dont want that hello to turn into some awkward conversation, especially while waiting for a bus or a train. thats why i dont step foot outside without my headphones. 
tired.gif

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:
crobers 78 wrote:
@ OP...Go to NY n do this n you will get the gas face all day, ijsthis.
smh.gif
alien.gif

tired.gif

often the sidewalks are simply too packed to be doing all of that. People are just trying get where their trying to go and could give a %!%% about you. Also some people, like me, don't want that hello to turn into some awkward conversation, especially while waiting for a bus or a train. thats why i don't step foot outside without my headphones. 
tired.gif

WOW! OK...i believe it's a lil deeper than that esp in regards to the less traveled areas but thanks for feedback. From visiting there n knowing my peeps it's just  a way of life just like folks down south esp in TX are more friendlier. My motto is you never know who that person may be sitting next to you on a train, bus etc etc who may just say hello while you choose to ignore them or isolate yourself. With NY being such a business savy place it would seem  more sensisble to be a lil more open n cordial since you never know who you can meet or bump into with a friendly smile or hello such as a mover or shaker who could help out an aspiring actor, musician, artists etc etc. I am sure my opinion does not matter and the most common rebuttal will be "well then i guess it just wasn't meant to be"

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:
crobers 78 wrote:
smh.gif
alien.gif

tired.gif

often the sidewalks are simply too packed to be doing all of that. People are just trying get where their trying to go and could give a %!%% about you. Also some people, like me, don't want that hello to turn into some awkward conversation, especially while waiting for a bus or a train. thats why i don't step foot outside without my headphones. 
tired.gif

WOW! OK...i believe it's a lil deeper than that esp in regards to the less traveled areas but thanks for feedback. From visiting there n knowing my peeps it's just  a way of life just like folks down south esp in TX are more friendlier. My motto is you never know who that person may be sitting next to you on a train, bus etc etc who may just say hello while you choose to ignore them or isolate yourself. With NY being such a business savy place it would seem  more sensisble to be a lil more open n cordial since you never know who you can meet or bump into with a friendly smile or hello such as a mover or shaker who could help out an aspiring actor, musician, artists etc etc. I am sure my opinion does not matter and the most common rebuttal will be "well then i guess it just wasn't meant to be"

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:

airforce416 wrote:
crobers 78 wrote:
smh.gif
alien.gif

tired.gif

tired.gif

thats very true, but for the most part it just doesnt happen, its kind of hard to explain, sort of like an unwritten rule. Only time you'll see strangers interact with each other here is when a incident happens, like the train gets stuck in between stations for a while then a bunch of people will start talking about how much the MTA sucks or if someone is in need of help.

Edit: I remember my 8th grade english teacher who had just came up from Jamaica hated taking the bus to work because she hated sitting next to people that would just look out the window and didnt even say good morning

Back
Top Bottom