Russ Wilson and Ciara?

I’m a firm believer in the difference of a step dad and a dad who steps up.

Russ appears to be a father who stepped up. I don’t know Future and I won’t judge him. I just know a guy with 7 plus kids With multiple baby mamas can cause a huge divide in family, a lot of jealously, and ego trips. Along with living in the public image and allegedly smashing multiple women and sprung on Lori Harvey, can’t be too conducive to being the most available dad to 6 year old Future.

I say let Russ cook.
Facts. I’m nut 100% certain but typically a dude w 7 kids w multiple baby mommas typically aren’t the best fathers, because they have so little time to father all those kids. I’m not 100% sure, but I assume all of Future’s baby mommas don’t live in the same state, so it’s pretty complicated I would imagine for Future to spend a lot of time w all his kids. Cici has custody of lil future I believe and he stays w her. I assume that Russ is more of a father figure than Future since he spends more valuable time w him. No problem w Russ raising Futures kid.

I think people are trying to combine two parts of the situation..

PArt 1: How Wilson/Future take care of Future Jr. None of us know. We don't, point blank.

Part 2: Wilson PUBLICLY calling himself Father to the Son.

People aren't understanding that I can believe Wilson is doing a great job in "Part 1" and still be foul for carrying out "Part 2."

It isn't an either or thing. Just because someone thinks WIlson was foul for "Part 2" doesn't mean they don't acknowledge the GOOD Wilson does for Future Jr.

It isn't an either or situation.

I think people are trying to combine two parts of the situation..

PArt 1: How Wilson/Future take care of Future Jr. None of us know. We don't, point blank.

Part 2: Wilson PUBLICLY calling himself Father to the Son.

People aren't understanding that I can believe Wilson is doing a great job in "Part 1" and still be foul for carrying out "Part 2."

It isn't an either or thing. Just because someone thinks WIlson was foul for "Part 2" doesn't mean they don't acknowledge the GOOD Wilson does for Future Jr.

It isn't an either or situation.
Right. I’m finding that people are going into this situations based on their respect or opinions towards future and his parenting skills or lack thereof . I’m simply speaking about what you highlighted in part 2

People been married 5 years, 2 kids of their own, and there is still a problem? :lol:

I bet that little boy knows who to go to, to learn how to ride a bike and who to go to when he wants cool gifts.

I hate how people try to shame others for thinking this is a TAD weird

Yes, people can have dissenting opinions. Doesn’t mean they hate step fathers or think the kid should be subject to a bad life

:rolleyes :rolleyes

Yea i came back to this thread cuz a chick i went to high school with posted a status about black men hating on russell and wondering if its because they didnt have a father figure in their life and other reasons. You know the usual topics.

Ain’t this lil dude like 7 years old

why Russ still talking him like he’s a 6 month old girl?

“daddy loves you yes he does”

is that normal? No kids but I feel like that’s too old

:nerd: :nerd:

As a single mom who is now in a relationship with a child from a previous relationship i see both sides. I can see why it would be weird that he is referring as himself as Daddy to people who don't understand but it really all depends on their dynamic. They have been together since Little Future was about 10 months i believe so he has little been there since almost day 1. He has been a big part of this kids life. Also we don't know but Little Future might call him Daddy and that were that came from. I think the most important thing is that this child has multiple people who love and care about him.

kttcolilawd
A765B917-D006-4C36-9004-93A36A6726D7.gif

Ain’t this lil dude like 7 years old

why Russ still talking him like he’s a 6 month old girl?

“daddy loves you yes he does”

is that normal? No kids but I feel like that’s too old

:nerd: :nerd:

Ehhh, now we're getting into parenting policing which is toxic and unproductive. Everyone has a different dynamic with their kids. If someone followed your parents around when they were raising you (or anyone for that matter), people could find things to nit-pick and critique. He obviously loves the kid and that's his way of showing it. I love my dad but I wish he would've verbally told me he loves me more often.

^ Too avoid others telling you how to parent, you could just stay off social media. I understand using social media for your brand, etc...

But no one is making you post about your family's inner workings.

That's one reason I don't want to date a chick with kids. Sticky/awkward situations like this. If he spends more time with the kid, showing him how to be a man, helping him with life issues, consoling him after the nightmares, feeding him, you are a father figure and in many cases, moreso than the biological father. Russ seems like a great stepdad and honestly I would've loved to have someone like him as a father figure growing up. I can tell you now, my stepdad didn't mistreat me but it was clear he was in the picture because of my mom and didn't invest much time with me.

Great post. if you don't mind me asking, was your biological dad in the picture at all? I sympathize with stepdads because it's a tough situation to be in. If the biological dad is in the picture, you don't want to overstep by trying to play daddy too much but if the biological dad isn't in the picture, someone needs to teach a boy how to be a man.

Obviously none of us know the internal workings of Russell and Ciara's relationship but from everything we see, he's a loving, caring father. Maybe Future Sr is in the picture and gives his best effort (I'm not really sure how he can seeing as she has seven kids with different mothers and another kid on the way but let's give him the benefit of the doubt)

Great post. if you don't mind me asking, was your biological dad in the picture at all? I sympathize with stepdads because it's a tough situation to be in. If the biological dad is in the picture, you don't want to overstep by trying to play daddy too much but if the biological dad isn't in the picture, someone needs to teach a boy how to be a man.

Obviously none of us know the internal workings of Russell and Ciara's relationship but from everything we see, he's a loving, caring father. Maybe Future Sr is in the picture and gives his best effort (I'm not really sure how he can seeing as she has seven kids with different mothers and another kid on the way but let's give him the benefit of the doubt)
Thanks. My dad lived in another state and would visit on bdays and holidays and call from time to time but it wasn't enough imo. He never met his dad so he probably felt like his efforts towards me were adequate.

^ Too avoid others telling you how to parent, you could just stay off social media. I understand using social media for your brand, etc...

But no one is making you post about your family's inner workings.
Great, common sense post.

I hate the, "Mind your business about what I post on a public forum" answers/responses.

I will NEVER understand that.

Saying Daddy loves u while the biological dad is alive is a tad bit wild. Just a tad.

"step daddy loves you" doesnt sound right.

You can have more than one daddy.

He has known russ all his life
He sees this guy at least everyday, really doubt he sees Future that often( distance)

What do you want him to call him?

Im not 100 percent sure but I think he calls Russ Papa and he call future something else.

Back
Top Bottom