Royal Foamposite 1s releasing Feb 12 2011 ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!))

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Originally Posted by Yung J Walker

laugh.gif

You ain't washing %!*$ but clothes +@*!# ..

FOH

Newayz little n*&$% u don't want it wit me, I will give you the business so just keep it on here fam..........Maserati wouldn't get "harmed" he would get "BODIED"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You wouldn't body %%!# tho .. cut it out

You ain't bout that life %++# boi
Oh yeah tough guy so lets meet up, where you from? Instead of a sneaker pickup, how about I crack your head wide open.....U can laugh and giggle on here tryna act like a funny guy but on sum real G  s*&& u don't know me and wouldnt what to either trust me. I would put hands and feet on all over ya face and run you for whatever you got, why wait for foams when I can just take yours right now.

Oh yeah tough guy so lets meet up, where you from? Instead of a sneaker pickup, how about I crack your head wide open.....U can laugh and giggle on here tryna act like a funny guy but on sum real G  s*&& u don't know me and wouldnt what to either trust me. I would put hands and feet on all over ya face and run you for whatever you got, why wait for foams when I can just take yours right now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

homie coming at my mans Sloane? chilllllllll OG right there..

Yung J Walker chill out.. see you at camp, don't get this thread locked

Funny thing is, son started this whole little rant over being corrected about the year of a retro's release.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

__'s stay wanting to argue about NOTHING.

YOU stop it 5.

Anyway, I'm all over these and the White Cement III retroes. I NEED these.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

i actually like the 2011s. i mean, they dont seem to be that bad at all. loving the icy soles.

Agree looking forward to cop these as well.

^^^^ nah not at all, it was between me and that dude bigj, we both said what we had to say and it was done. But all of sudden, everybody on here wanna jump in the action now.......I just don't like the fact when ppl post things on here, ppl be mad thirsty!!!!! to flame somebody for no reason. BigJ is one of them, cuz I still seening dude always have something negative to say....It is what it is tho I can care less about what he does but don't try coming at me and act like im not gonna say nada.......@ knicks, u are absolutely right fam, thats why I said I was done last page wit all this bg but dudes still coming at my neck so what im suppose to do laydown, FOH.....I give respect when dudes give me mines man. If not, then its F*%& ur life!

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

Living in the future used to be what made sneakers great. Living in the past is what's killing it. Nike is not being pushed hard enough to sell us the future because too many people are content to gobble up fake versions of the past.
thats some real +%!% right there. you must be on of them people that most dont like cause they tell the truth and hurt some feelings, not on purpose, its just the way you are.. thanks for the quality post.. things got a lil ugly on the thread lately im glad there was something worth reading...

Originally Posted by purplehazen

Living in the future used to be what made sneakers great. Living in the past is what's killing it. Nike is not being pushed hard enough to sell us the future because too many people are content to gobble up fake versions of the past.
thats some real +%!% right there. you must be on of them people that most dont like cause they tell the truth and hurt some feelings, not on purpose, its just the way you are.. thanks for the quality post.. things got a lil ugly on the thread lately im glad there was something worth reading...

I don't understand ..
Everyone is gonna buy this shoe When it drops ..

Me .. I assume you .. damn near everyone in this thread

So isn't he talkin bout you also being content with a fake version of the past?

Personally I haven't seen a new design from nike that gives me that same 
eek.gif
 factor , like when I 1st laid eyes on the royal's so many years ago

Originally Posted by purplehazen

I don't understand ..
Everyone is gonna buy this shoe When it drops ..

Me .. I assume you .. damn near everyone in this thread

So isn't he talkin bout you also being content with a fake version of the past?

Personally I haven't seen a new design from nike that gives me that same 
eek.gif
 factor , like when I 1st laid eyes on the royal's so many years ago

what dont you understand, you last sentence says it all... nike needs to take it there and make some new crazy designs that will give you that feeling like when you saw the royals for the first time, at the end of the day i still want the shoes but he had a great point, it kind of made me feel some way..lol. nah but to give nike some credit i liked the past 2 lebrons, i think they were designed very well,

But aren't you included in that group labeled as those willing to gobble up fakes of the past? I am all for progression...problem is most of their new ideas are either ugly or aren't worthwhile...other times they just take an old idea and put a slight spin on it. That's not innovation. At the end of the day they are a business and retros are what sells...why mess wit a good thing...I'm not complaining, I love my retros and welcome more...

How sad is it that we always have to have these in depth comparisons? $200 for 13 year old technology should at least get you complete accuracy. At some point people need to just accept that retros have become nothing more than authorized fakes.

The Foamposite One was a great shoe. I was very excited when it was released in '97 and still remember wearing it on release day in middle school rec league. The '07 retro was fairly accurate. The foam itself was pretty legit. But the foam used on the recent retros is a joke. The shape of the shoe is off. It's just ridiculous.

Why has a hobby that was built on state of the art greatness degenerated into obsessing over poorly made knockoffs of antiquated tech?

And how much more advanced and supremely constructed would modern sneakers be if people cared again about pushing the envelope and breaking barriers?

Because there never would have been something as awesome as the Foamposite One if in 1997 everyone was salivating over cheap imitations of sneakers from 1984.
still some quality posts coming off NT
smokin.gif

I agree but i love the retros because of the nostalgic feeling of rocking a shoe i either had back in the day or didn't have the chance to own....either way, i fully support the future but retros are necessary as well.

i was wondering how the #$%@ this grew two pages.....thought it might have been some more pics or something worthwhile, but it's just another one of them
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

moving on....J, i see u won those royals then?
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Nike is actually doing amazing things in terms of futuristic in terms of design but that doesnt always translate into people liking it
Retros are catered toward style not performance which is why most if not all are produced under the Nike Sportswear line
New shoes take advantage of the new technology fpr performance like theyre supposed to not revisit old %%#
Foam tech was big back in the day but we all know its heavy as hell so while looking good it doesnt do the job in a performance sense
If you look at the Hyperdunks, Kobe IV and V, Lebron 7s and 8s, all the work theyre puttin into flywire and lunar foam you can obviously see they just arent sittin around player Angry Birds all the day
I read a blurb about how they build the Hyperfuse and its nothing short of phenomenal when they break it down
When they do the new tweaks on old shoes(think 2010 SC trainer, New Huarache Trainer etc.) thats them tryin to both satisfy a customer whom favored a past look but incorporate the newer technology for better performance
Often times they dont get it right but honestly a lot of people will have a problem with EVERYTHING that isnt the original exactly as the remember it so can they ever really win?
I think Nike does botch alot of +!*$ but at the same time takes a lot of unworthy heat

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

But aren't you included in that group labeled as those willing to gobble up fakes of the past? I am all for progression...problem is most of their new ideas are either ugly or aren't worthwhile...other times they just take an old idea and put a slight spin on it. That's not innovation. At the end of the day they are a business and retros are what sells...why mess wit a good thing...I'm not complaining, I love my retros and welcome more...
No h0m0 but I'm with this dude. Progression is always a good thing but the "Shoe Game" to me is a culture of style. Whether you like it or not, if L.A Gear came up with a shoe that was made with better material and quality than Nike or JB but looked like straight *** folks still wouldn't rock em'. I rock what looks dope. People complain about how comfy the OG's were and this and that compared to retro's, but 100 bills says you ain't buy them OG's when they came out cuz they were comfy. You bought em cuz they were fly.

KeepinEmFresh -

The foam is cheap and soft now and the color is dull. I'm sure it's easier to fool people that didn't have the originals, but starting probably with the Flightposite retros, it started to get hard to ignore. I know a lot of people slept on the foams back in the day, so maybe the changes to the look and feel of the foam itself isn't as noticeable. I certainly know where I grew up I was the only person camped out on release day for the foam one in '97, the foam max in '98, the flightposite in '99 etc etc etc. So it's not like these were super popular sneakers with the general public.

PurpleHazen -

Well, I've made my living as a pro wrestling villian for the last 12 years, so I'm certainly accustomed to being disliked.
wink.gif

Maserati Har -

More and more people are starting to express their discontent and I hope it's a trend that will continue to gain steam. I eventually reached a point where rather than continue to be disappoined by lack of authenticity with retros, I accepted that they've really become nothing more than official fakes and chose to spend my money elsewhere. Because voting with your wallet is the only thing that works in this world if you want to change things. You're wasting your time casting your ballot on election day. If you want to shake things up, you have to realize your spending habits determine the way the world works.

Sloane Ketterin -

I agree that taking an old idea and putting a slight spin on it is not innovation. It's cheaper for Nike to recycle the past and if we as a culture accept it and embrace it they have no reason to change their ways. If you enjoy your retros, you should continue to buy them, but the question I pose to everyone is, what are we celebrating? What made these sneakers great to begin with? And are those elements being lost by nostalgia becoming almost the sole focus?

Mayhemgatz -

I certainly underatand the emotional connection to the past and the feeling of rocking a shoe you had back in the day or didn't have the chance to own. There is a saying that you can't go home again. Maybe as a culture it's time for a shift. Maybe it's time for those who complain about the inaccuracy of recent retros to say you know what, the originals had their time and place, but if all Nike has to offer is poor replicas, they're not going to get our money anymore.

Capfive -

Nike Basketball has made some great strides the last few years. The shoes you listed in your post, guess what, those are the shoes that fill my closet presently.
wink.gif
I understand that retros are catered toward style and not performance, but I have to be honest, the first time I saw a retro without the carbon fiber plate the original had, I was so intellectually insulted that it become very difficult to take retros seriously after that.

Everyone -

The foamposite was a great shoe. So were most of the shoes in the foamposite line through the years. The cushioning on the skyposite was a joke and the posite line is dead once again. But would Nike have been so lazy with the current model if the public was more demanding of quality and not content to be spoonfed cheap imitations of the foamposite model from 13 years ago?

Retro, retro +, fusion, hybrid, etc etc eventually you get to a point where you start to wonder:

Even if you started with the Mona Lisa, if you continue to make a copy of a copy long enough before you know it you no longer have a great work of art . . . instead you have utter garbage.

Originally Posted by KeepinEmFresh

Originally Posted by Magic1978

newbies are so annoying, I really needed multiple LIFESIZE pics from different angles of sneakers that everyones seen.

woooo hooo, you have three pairs of foams, really kid.

Listen douche, obviously I'm a so called "newbie" to posting comments on the forum, so my bad if I forgot to resize, but from the shoe game... hardly. At least I made a relevant contribution to a thread about a shoe that didn't have too many pics of it instead of making a ++@%$ @$@ comment complaining about how too big of a picture the shoe was. And the kid part I shouldn't even comment on. I was rockin' J's in the 80's while you was prolly rockin' Lotto's.
Anyway... back to the subject. Thanks to the folks who appreciated the pics earlier. Here's more pics with a little bit better lighting and resized for the "OG". The iceyness might be a little dull but it's because they're shoes and I actually wear them. Rocked about 3 or 4 times.

[

You called me a douche...lol, my feelings are hurt

And Lotto's were in style in the 80's son, and last time I checked this wasn't the JB section. I don't really care about your biography or what you were doing in the 60's. You're still a nobody to me and your big pics were annoying.

Originally Posted by bigj505

i actually like the 2011s. i mean, they dont seem to be that bad at all. loving the icy soles.

This, I don't think they're that bad.

Everyone -

The foamposite was a great shoe. So were most of the shoes in the foamposite line through the years. The cushioning on the skyposite was a joke and the posite line is dead once again. But would Nike have been so lazy with the current model if the public was more demanding of quality and not content to be spoonfed cheap imitations of the foamposite model from 13 years ago?

Retro, retro +, fusion, hybrid, etc etc eventually you get to a point where you start to wonder:

Even if you started with the Mona Lisa, if you continue to make a copy of a copy long enough before you know it you no longer have a great work of art . . . instead you have utter garbage.

I've given up on that debate.

Even here on NT there is a big division, and NT is only a small segment of the sneaker buying public. Most people just don't care.

Go in a thread and say Reebok and New Balance can get their retros correct, why can't Nike and JB, and see peoples reaction. New Balance produces retros over several continents with no problem. Watch some of the excuses you get for the poor quality and knock off retros.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Ight and thats kool. I can dig it but how you gonna say you guys (directed towards my post) don't know anything about foams because I put 07s by accident when you don't even know me. I'm a 80's baby, born and raised in harlem where we specialize in flyness. Where All we do is stay fresh like its Easter or picture day fam....When the 97s drop, I was one of the first dudes to be rocking them on my block wit the matching blue avirex leather jacket, str8 crushing it!!! a lot of dudes wasn't even up on foams yet, they were like *+% are those space shoes?!?!  newayz all I'm saying rather then make a comment on the picture, right away ppl on here is quick to try to bash others. I knew somebody was gonna have something slick to say when I posted that. SMH
grin.gif

jay-z-crazy.jpg

LMAFO......Nodoubt, I'll be hov when it comes to this sneaker game so its all goody. Y'all dudes are more like WAKA FLOCKA LAME!
Shut up $%%@% , you talk too much about BS ...
20p8s3m.gif

laugh.gif
*saved*

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tough guy talk in a Foam thread.  Only on NT.  I love it.  
oh this always happens
laugh.gif
word to da 2009 eggplant penny foamposite thread..when goons and hypebeast clash its lulz fest.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tough guy talk in a Foam thread.  Only on NT.  I love it.  
oh this always happens
laugh.gif
word to da 2009 eggplant penny foamposite thread..when goons and hypebeast clash its lulz fest.
Okay reptile, theres no ninjas in the hood where im from, s&%* is real in the field over here, so stop trying to start something up again and continue to play mortal kombat b4 I fatality ur @$* alright buddy.
[h1]
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom