Royal Foamposite 1s releasing Feb 12 2011 ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!))

Come on fellas. Let's discuss the eggplants in their own thread. I'm super excited for these kicks. 1 of my all time favorites. Between these royals and the pewters, I already spent $400 on nikes in 2011.
smile.gif
but at the same time
frown.gif
I can't stop buying lolol

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by jman219

haha and Bigj will always find something to bash me on. nah your right I dont, I had the coppers and sold them, I can see why you guys would say the quality on the 10's isnt that of the 09's, but a perfect retro can never be achieved ever.... even if it is only 1 year later. I do understand that the shoe is 200 bucks and we shoudl get the best, but arent foams one of the most durable shoes of ALL Time. whether its snow or rain or whatever they hold up soo strong
griffeys rereleased 1 yr later (freshwaters) -> perfect reproduction
team orange 95s were reproduced last yr -> perfect reproduction
air bakins rereleasing the same
barkleys also

stop making excuses
eyes.gif

pretty much

I'm passing on the Royals if their structure and quality is the same as '10 Eggplants (which is very likely to happen
tired.gif
).

'07 Royals will decrease in price anyways once these drop. Hopefully down to about 250.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

I'm passing on the Royals if their structure and quality is the same as '10 Eggplants (which is very likely to happen
tired.gif
).

'07 Royals will decrease in price anyways once these drop. Hopefully down to about 250.
grin.gif

My sentiments exactly.

^^ i doubt they will drop that much, that will be dope though... i think they still gonna do well for the fact they royals, i'll cop a pair definetly

Originally Posted by purplehazen

^^ i doubt they will drop that much, that will be dope though... i think they still gonna do well for the fact they royals, i'll cop a pair definetly
everyone likes to think that the $400-450 pricetag for DS pairs from resellers is always the going rate
smh.gif

pairs have been copped for $250-$325.....DS and VVVVVNDS.....very very recently.

Grizz.....where you at with my backup pair? i ain't forget about you, staying low n shiiiii trying to hide 'em from me...i see you 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

Easy cop in Houston. Only 2 stores got em that i know of and everyone down here was like "+!+ is a Foamposite"? Until the end of '09, I got weird looks everytime I wore my Royals lol.

Haha, the irony only 3 years later.

Lol I was at Katy Mills a few days ago helping out my boss over there, Noticed a lot of people checkin out the royals...some people where like 
sick.gif
 most were like
eek.gif
 I still think foamposites in houston haven't got the hype train completely. Anything that isn't a Jordan Sig/Air Force 1 hybrid. Sits on shelves...
laugh.gif
interesting how one state can go completely crazy over a shoe while others dont even act like they exist.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by Rod301

eod0807 wrote:

im hoping they dont give these the '10 eggplant treatment and instead cut them much sharper like coppers or 07s

Nahh... I Doubt They Will... I Think These Are Gonna Have Good Quality Jus Like The Coppers... Son The '10 Eggplants Wernt That Bad To Be Honest... Of Course The '09s > '10s But Still... It Was A Re-Release A Year Later An The Sole Was Blue Tinted. The Only Thing That Threw Them Off Was The Dull Eggplant Tone... The Grooves Wernt As Deep But Its Watever...
tired.gif

Not As Bad As Everybody Made Them Out To Be...

Ughhh No...they were horrible and a poor excuse to be called Foamposites.  Everything about the '10 was wrong and If the Royals will be treated the same, yall can have em.

c/s

A lot of funny giffs on this page. We can talk about quality this, reselling that, but the bottom line is......if you know about kicks, you will cop these by any means necessary.

Truth is banana mold quality grooves is definitely the case for this upcoming og colorway

only resellers, nike agents, fools and noobs would disagree

Originally Posted by MrDozo

We can talk about quality this, reselling that, but the bottom line is......if you know about kicks, you will cop these by any means necessary.

Not necessarily, why would you settle if you can get an 07 pair for relatively cheap.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

We can talk about quality this, reselling that, but the bottom line is......if you know about kicks, you will cop these by any means necessary.

Not necessarily, why would you settle if you can get an 07 pair for relatively cheap.

What is relatively cheap? If you're talking about somewhere between 250-300 range, that to me is not relatively cheap. I'd rather get these 2011 royal foams for 190+nyc tax or offcourse with a disco for less. I've got a family, and a home to maintain, I can't afford to squander an extra 60 or more dollars for "quality". Let's keep things in perspective here, these are sneakers, not a house or a car, but a pair of kicks that a lot of us probably won't even wear a whole lot per year.

$200 + tax isabout $220 after tax. 07s for about $250. You wouldn't put up an extra $30?

Maybe this is size sensitive.  But i wear a size 11 and i haven't found anything on ebay for under 300.

I have a pair of 07s and i want another one.  but i agree i would rather pay 220 for "worse quality" foams then 300 for "better quality" foams.

TBH im not balling in these although i did in my 07s and loved it (minus them being heavy as all hell).  I'm going to casually wear them maybe once a month.  So i don't see the need to pay any more then I absolutely have to (aka retail).  Its not like 07s were foam and 2011's are plastic or something.  Its a small difference that isn't worth more then 50 bucks.

What is relatively cheap? If you're talking about somewhere between 250-300 range, that to me is not relatively cheap. I'd rather get these 2011 royal foams for 190+nyc tax or offcourse with a disco for less. I've got a family, and a home to maintain, I can't afford to squander an extra 60 or more dollars for "quality". Let's keep things in perspective here, these are sneakers, not a house or a car, but a pair of kicks that a lot of us probably won't even wear a whole lot per year.

how do you squander money when its for quality? and whats 60 dollars really when you are already willing to spend 220+ on a shoe in the 1st place?

What's $60 ? That's atleast 1 bill paid at the begining of the month. Foams ($220) and1 bill paid ($60) is better than $280 on foams and no bills paid. Sorry, I don't have paper like that.
I also wear a size 11, and haven't seen foams on ebay for $220 ds.
Its bad enough I'm spending over $200 on yet another pair of kicks, I try 2 buy as wisely as possible. I'm not a big baller like of the other people here. NYC isn't a cheap place to live.

What's $60 ? That's atleast 1 bill paid at the begining of the month. Foams ($220) and1 bill paid ($60) is better than $280 on foams and no bills paid. Sorry, I don't have paper like that.
I also wear a size 11, and haven't seen foams on ebay for $220 ds.
Its bad enough I'm spending over $200 on yet another pair of kicks, I try 2 buy as wisely as possible. I'm not a big baller like of the other people here. NYC isn't a cheap place to live.

laugh.gif
Of course my prices were subjective to size and also where you're looking and how many other pairs are for sale all determine how much you will pay. Don't forget we are stil 6 months away from the re relase so prices will definitely change between now and then.

Back
Top Bottom