Rise of The Planet of the Apes

pimp.gif

Cant wait

I'm a sucker for origin stories, even poorly titled ones. There have been a handful of trailers released for this flick, but this is the one that really sold me.

So is James Franco gonna be mauled by a pack of gorillas at the end of this movie?

I gotta check this out. I set  my expectations high as hell on this one

This %+#+ cannot be wack, I will be pissed

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

I think they signed for like 6 of them or something crazy like that so they can take their time developing the new story.
Where did you hear that, do you have a link/source?

N.Y. Daily News gave it * * * * * 
eek.gif
. I'm assuming it's because it's just a great 'popcorn' movie for the summer, but I wonder if it's actually a good movie.The premise doesn't seem so bad. Plus, James Franco is in it, it's gotta be good.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

86 on rottentomatoes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

def will be good.
I checked early reviews the other day and it was at 82% with only about five reviews in, so I was hoping it'd stay at 70+ once everyone chimed in. I'm stoked it went up to 86%. And the sentiment seems to be that critics were sick and tired of the never-ending drivel of comic book movies and other over-hyped summer blockbusters. There hasn't been as much promotion for this (considering the cast and the franchise history, and the way other movies are marketed) and I think that was a good move on their part. Rather than ram it down our throats with ads, let it just play out in theaters. 

Yeah I've seen nothing about a sequel, much less 6 of them, that's outrageous unless it was Harry Potter or a pre-existing franchise/story.

Hoping to see this soon, reviews have been very positive, 86% on Rotten Tomatoes

Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy

Def a must see film. Plus I believe its in 3D!
Its not in 3D which is really surprising since damn near every movie that came out this summer was in 3D.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah I've seen nothing about a sequel, much less 6 of them, that's outrageous unless it was Harry Potter or a pre-existing franchise/story.

Hoping to see this soon, reviews have been very positive, 86% on Rotten Tomatoes
Who said anything about six sequels? They have one sequel already lined up waiting for a green light if this one performs well. People need to not be fixated on the original and its sequels. This is a reboot and has its own narrative. Every review says this sets up the sequel nicely.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Who said anything about six sequels? They have one sequel already lined up waiting for a green light if this one performs well. People need to not be fixated on the original and its sequels. This is a reboot and has its own narrative. Every review says this sets up the sequel nicely.

The first few replies of the thread...
51and3rd wrote:
^ I think they're starting over again since the one Marky Mark was in sucked. I think they signed for like 6 of them or something crazy like that so they can take their time developing the new story.

Winged Wheel mentioned it a few replies before mine, that's what I was responding to. I'm well aware it's a reboot, and while I've read the director plans for multiple movies, I haven't seen anything about everyone being signed on for multiple films or greenlit sequels, so that's news to me. Link/Source?

Back
Top Bottom