RIP George Floyd

fsolohhz6j451.png

tenor.gif

I'm a huge NBA fan and I am 1000% on board with them not playing to keep the movement going. White power media would love for sports to distract the country from racial equality.

I dunno man, sounds crazy to me..

1. What are the chances there are still protests by the time they restart the season. seems pretty slim to me.

2. Why do you assume it's a distraction?
The sport with the most politically active players being put on a massive platform seems pretty good thing for the movement to me.

I dunno man, sounds crazy to me..

1. What are the chances there are still protests by the time they restart the season. seems pretty slim to me.

2. Why do you assume it's a distraction?
The sport with the most politically active players being put on a massive platform seems pretty good thing for the movement to me.

I think what Kyrie is saying is keep the foot on the gas and keep pushing so that it's not August and nothing changed. He also said he'd play if the collective players association wanted to play so he's not totally shutting the door.

the thing is, these players have money. And even if you're a scrub on the end of the bench you still make a significant salary. If the guys with money can't do something as a sign they stand with the movement and want long term change to come of this, then this can't take off the way it has the potential to.

I think most NBA players are about the movement.. I know for damn sure Lebron is. They'll be taking knees, messages on warm-ups, shoes, commenting in interviews. I'd like to think we can have both things

Ghanaian tourism minister calls for African-Americans to ‘leave when you are not wanted’
'You do not have to stay where you are not wanted forever. You have a choice and Africa is waiting for you,' the minister said

Black Americans of African descent should return to the continent because they are not wanted in the United States, a government minister in Ghana has said.
Barbara Oteng Gyasi, the country’s tourism minister, urged black Americans to return “home” during an emotional ceremony in the Ghanaian capital Accra to mark the death of George Floyd.
“We continue to open out arms and invite all brothers and sisters home,” Ms Oteng Gyasi said. “Ghana is your home. Africa is your home. We have arms wide open, ready to welcome you home.
“You do not have to stay where you are not wanted forever. You have a choice and Africa is waiting for you.”
Ghana launched a campaign in 2018 to persuade black Americans either to move to the country or to visit it as tourists. “The Year of Return” initiative marked the quatercentenary of the first documented shipment of slaves from Africa across the Atlantic to the New World....

Ghanaian tourism minister calls for African-Americans to ‘leave when you are not wanted’
'You do not have to stay where you are not wanted forever. You have a choice and Africa is waiting for you,' the minister said

Black Americans of African descent should return to the continent because they are not wanted in the United States, a government minister in Ghana has said.
Barbara Oteng Gyasi, the country’s tourism minister, urged black Americans to return “home” during an emotional ceremony in the Ghanaian capital Accra to mark the death of George Floyd.
“We continue to open out arms and invite all brothers and sisters home,” Ms Oteng Gyasi said. “Ghana is your home. Africa is your home. We have arms wide open, ready to welcome you home.
“You do not have to stay where you are not wanted forever. You have a choice and Africa is waiting for you.”
Ghana launched a campaign in 2018 to persuade black Americans either to move to the country or to visit it as tourists. “The Year of Return” initiative marked the quatercentenary of the first documented shipment of slaves from Africa across the Atlantic to the New World....

I mean they say this but hypothetically if every single black American went there at once is that something they would want??

I’ve had my fair share of “come thru” and no one ever has.

I remember one NTer at USC drove to my house and was updating the thread with pictures of me in my driveway 😂

only NTer I fear is freeze freeze though. Ole built like a comic book hero head ***.

back on topic....

Nigerians have a name for black Americans, “the stolen ones”. It’s sad that the false narrative that Africans don’t like Black Americans Is still prevalent in many circles.

East coast Africans didn’t even know slaves were being taken. Northern Africans were fighting their own battles with religion...the same battles still being fought today.

anyway, if any of BLACK NT has a chance to go to Africa, go. the wife was shaking and crying when we landed.

I’ve had my fair share of “come thru” and no one ever has.

I remember one NTer at USC drove to my house and was updating the thread with pictures of me in my driveway 😂

only NTer I fear is freeze freeze though. Ole built like a comic book hero head ***.

back on topic....

Nigerians have a name for black Americans, “the stolen ones”. It’s sad that the false narrative that Africans don’t like Black Americans Is still prevalent in many circles.

East coast Africans didn’t even know slaves were being taken. Northern Africans were fighting their own battles with religion...the same battles still being fought today.

anyway, if any of BLACK NT has a chance to go to Africa, go. the wife was shaking and crying when we landed.
In the driveway bro? Hahahahahahaha

And huge facts. Africa is amazing. Never felt more pride in myself or my people til I went there.

We saw the vid of black people going to Japan and feeling safe. I felt the same in Africa. I wonder if those people wanted to live, but not necessarily around people that looked like them. I was curious how they chose Asia. There are plenty of high end fancy parts of Africa to live in and have western feels. I never felt like my skin color was an issue in Africa. Not even the tone. I'm brown skin, not dark or light. Milk Chocolate lol. Saw black people on every end of the spectrum. Europeans favoring lightskin doesn't have Africans hating each other or themselves. It was all love. There was such pride in being African.

I learned about slavery at an early age. Learned about what happened to the native Americans at an early age. Never had pride in living America. Even with have my grandpa and uncles fighting in wars and ****. Like, it's home, but, I know the truth this country lies about on the pamphlets.

Last edited:
I'm ready for a pre-slavery movie. Black people didn't poof into existence in crates. There's way more to our story than Amistad. The companies don't want to really empower us into believing in ourselves. They don't want you to really know where you came from.

Back
Top Bottom