RIP George Floyd

Victim blaming at its most insidious. Instead of discussing the system that only allowed a few, the statement shifts the focus toward personal responsibility, that bootstrap bull****. Jeff Bezos can still do more than all of them combined, with his having less talent to work with. Don’t get me started on how the christian church will run with that narrative as well.

the “we are our biggest problem” thing is clearly a right wing talking point too

that’s diet “what about Black on Black crime”

Figure this would be appreciated in here, Really hope we do get to some sort of change.

Ended up getting this piece done by a local Black artist named RecoTheGreat in Chi and we called it “More Than Something” ...all about people who inspried change or were leading a revolutionary movement I picked the male side and went with Ali, Pac, Bron, Malcom X, & Bhagat Singh. I wanted to Put Kap on there but it would be hypocritical of me cause every Sunday I watch NFL nonstop, sigh. My wife picked the the female side and went with 5 Indian females who were part of a revolutionary movement in their own right.
A2CD8756-06F7-43D7-86C1-5415C2CB3B97.jpeg
6B372364-7CE5-4AAD-940A-63BDD672DFF2.jpeg
82F516D8-6E0C-4F63-9649-3DBF08896DDB.jpeg

Never understood why the hell this dude was a person America liked
he massacred thousands of native Americans, dude was a war criminal

Because White folks are RACIST.

Remember - Italians WERE NOT considered White!

Italians caught hell when they arrived in the US in the late 1880s.

White people were lynching them - so they needed a hero to appeal to the racist xenophobes in order to seem more "American".

SIMON: What did it mean to many Italian Americans to have Columbus Day established as a federal holiday back in the 1930s?

SCIORRA: One has to remember that when Italians arrive here in the late 1880s in mass - we're talking about 4 1/2 millions who come - Italian immigrants who come between 1880s and 1924 - they encounter America that is xenophobic, that is engaging in acts of violence against immigrants. One has to remember the lynching in New Orleans of 11 Italian Americans in 1891 so that Columbus becomes this figure that Italians latch on to as a way to get a foothold in this incredibly hostile environment that they find themselves in.

SIMON: So what has the reaction been among many Italian American groups and Italian American families to the emphasis in recent years on seeing the racism and brutality and violence in Columbus' personal history?

SCIORRA: There's an emotional bond to Columbus. I've read poetry which has - says, you know, when I look at the figure of Columbus on a statue, I don't see Columbus. I see my grandfather. I see the sort of worker's hands in his hands. I see the visage, his visage. And I see that of my grandfather. So there's a really emotional bond there.

I should say that, you know, this is not an issue of Italian Americans against Native Americans or Native Americans against Italian Americans. It's not a versus - it's not a war that's going upon these two groups. And I think that's always important to keep in mind.

the “we are our biggest problem” thing is clearly a right wing talking point too

that’s diet “what about Black on Black crime”
Man this police brutality vs "black on black crime" could get shutdown with a whiteboard. Create a checklist, one on either side, and for "black crime" you can run down the in community marches, mentorship programs, donations, education, truces etc etc etc that go towards fixing that side. So what about "black on black crime"? you can see all these points that show it's a work in progress. Now let's look at police brutality, you can't even add the first bullet point.

Because White folks are RACIST.

Remember - Italians WERE NOT considered White!

Italians caught hell when they arrived in the US in the late 1880s.

White people were lynching them - so they needed a hero to appeal to the racist xenophobes in order to seem more "American".

SIMON: What did it mean to many Italian Americans to have Columbus Day established as a federal holiday back in the 1930s?

SCIORRA: One has to remember that when Italians arrive here in the late 1880s in mass - we're talking about 4 1/2 millions who come - Italian immigrants who come between 1880s and 1924 - they encounter America that is xenophobic, that is engaging in acts of violence against immigrants. One has to remember the lynching in New Orleans of 11 Italian Americans in 1891 so that Columbus becomes this figure that Italians latch on to as a way to get a foothold in this incredibly hostile environment that they find themselves in.

SIMON: So what has the reaction been among many Italian American groups and Italian American families to the emphasis in recent years on seeing the racism and brutality and violence in Columbus' personal history?

SCIORRA: There's an emotional bond to Columbus. I've read poetry which has - says, you know, when I look at the figure of Columbus on a statue, I don't see Columbus. I see my grandfather. I see the sort of worker's hands in his hands. I see the visage, his visage. And I see that of my grandfather. So there's a really emotional bond there.

I should say that, you know, this is not an issue of Italian Americans against Native Americans or Native Americans against Italian Americans. It's not a versus - it's not a war that's going upon these two groups. And I think that's always important to keep in mind.

That's why it's so sick that once they got their ticket to whiteness they ran with it to the racist edge.

it definitely becomes a racist rallying cry for most italian americans when you try to educate them on their boy tho

also, i've met joe sciorra. twice. really humble and knowledgeable guy

he also happens to be annabella sciorra's brother

Last edited:
What is a black owned independent town?
Should anyone "own" a militia?

The only thing I can think of is the concept of a THRIVING black community. A lot of activists have spoken up over time saying that when a city is gentrified, it's because white investors come in building stuff and push the black residents out. If black investors could come into these struggling black towns, they could raise the value and prominence of that town while keeping those residents present and allows them to succeed within their own community.

The only thing I can think of is the concept of a THRIVING black community. A lot of activists have spoken up over time saying that when a city is gentrified, it's because white investors come in building stuff and push the black residents out. If black investors could come into these struggling black towns, they could raise the value and prominence of that town while keeping those residents present and allows them to succeed within their own community.
I was thinking that too and that would be great. The "independent town" part made it sound like they should have been purchasing or building towns not part of the state or country.:lol:

KHUFU KHUFU
You ever wonder what exactly Harriet Tubman and her team had to go through back then?
How many cowardly other slaves did she have to coddle through the escapes?
How many other black cowardly stockholm syndrome plantation snitches did she have to kill in order to save all?
I bet if she could speak from the other side she would heavily advise internal spring cleaning before going to war with white supremacy.

KHUFU KHUFU
You ever wonder what exactly Harriet Tubman and her team had to go through back then?
How many cowardly other slaves did she have to coddle through the escapes?
How many other black cowardly stockholm syndrome plantation snitches did she have to kill in order to save all?
I bet if she could speak from the other side she would heavily advise internal spring cleaning before going to war with white supremacy.

Nascar actually walking the walk and banning the confederate flag is a pleasant and wild unexpected suyrprise :wow: :wow: 🔥 🔥

S/o to Bubba Wallace for forcing their hand and speaking out :pimp: :pimp:, can't imagine we would've seen so many famous drivers and legends speak up publicly after and actually get Nascar to act if he hadn't

Honestly didn't expect them to come out as strong as they have in support of what he said and get on th right side of history given how ingrained their fanbase has always been with that flag, respect to them. The majority of their fans are gonna throw a fit :lol:

Unrelated

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom