RIP George Floyd

giphy.gif

Man just come out and say "I hate N......" so we can move on.

ACAB ...no ?

Fixed

Part of me thinks they do it in order to fit in with their white counterparts

In areas within cities, like New Orleans and Atlanta, where the police force is predominantly black, those have been my experiences.

I’ve had my share with white cops, but most of my worse experiences with law enforcements has been with black officers.

rolaholic rolaholic they tryna change Dundas St.
I'll always be behind efforts to get rid of street/school names and statues of old slave traders especially in a multicultural/melting pot type city like Toronto :pimp:

Would be crazy to actually see though for a high profile street like Dundas which might be the 2nd highest profile street in the city after Yonge

Been loving the movement of rethinking which historical figures deserve to be honored nowadays and which one's don't. Been great to see in so many major cities around the world

Don't think people know that a lot of these statues weren't up after the civil war, but years later when racists regained power in the union and decided to build monuments to quell the thought of any equality or rebellion from blacks. Just like some colleges built in the 60s look like eastern bloc architecture.

See Stone Mountain, GA. That 'monument' to the Confederacy was backed by KKK money.

If we are going to lop off the head of Columbus we better start investigating Thomas Jefferson. While that man may have done some great things for building a government that government he was intent on building wasn't going to be for people of color. Read his book, Notes on Virginia.
Here in KC they have started to mention renaming streets that are for JC Nichols. Again, did a lot for the building of KC but that KC he envisioned was not to include black people.

That goes for Columbus Day as well. What a farce of a holiday.

I'll always be behind efforts to get rid of street/school names and statues of old slave traders especially in a multicultural/melting pot type city like Toronto :pimp:

Would be crazy to actually see though for a high profile street like Dundas which might be the 2nd highest profile street in the city after Yonge

Been loving the movement of rethinking which historical figures deserve to be honored nowadays and which one's don't. Been great to see in so many major cities around the world
Yonge dundas square should be Donovan Bailey square or something :lol:

Victim blaming at its most insidious. Instead of discussing the system that only allowed a few, the statement shifts the focus toward personal responsibility, that bootstrap ********. Jeff Bezos can still do more than all of them combined, with his having less talent to work with. Don’t get me started on how the christian church will run with that narrative as well.

It would be absolutely idiotic in 2020 to idolize or look to a compromised money worshipping athlete,entertainer,artist as a leader or voice of black people in america. Most of these folks just live on a much more comfortable plantation owned by much more intelligent much more deceptive slave drivers. Where the master says “look ill lace you with all the wealth to stand above your place and people of your origins...BUT you will never own one of these planatations that provide YOU the wealth and the minute I feel you biting for a seat at OUR table of OWNERS...we will try our best to destroy you and send you back among the people and place of your origins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom